[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you go to get good fish that can be used for sashimi/nigiri?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: sashimi-resized.jpg (209 KB, 700x395) Image search: [Google]
sashimi-resized.jpg
209 KB, 700x395
Where do you go to get good fish that can be used for sashimi/nigiri? I've never seen this shit in any supermarket. Also, what are considered good prices?
>>
File: 1441560386636.jpg (52 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1441560386636.jpg
52 KB, 620x670
>>7164346
>Where do you go to get good fish
the local fishmonger you idiot
>>
File: lobster place chelsea market 2.jpg (443 KB, 968x1296) Image search: [Google]
lobster place chelsea market 2.jpg
443 KB, 968x1296
I go to a dedicated fish store

Price depends on what you want

Obviously otoro is going to cost more than salmon
>>
Are there no fucking fish markets in your country? what kind of shithole do you live in?
>>
>>7164406
Outside of self-consciously "nice" places like the coasts, most people just get all their food at mediocre grocery stores such as Wal*Mart
>>
>>7164346
A good fishmonger, remember parasite safety.
>>
>>7164396
Lobster Place is a touristy fish market, really overpriced. But that's what you get for being in NYC. At least their oysters and clams are more reasonable.
>>7164424
Always make sure you're not getting parasites. Some fish are also more prone to getting that others. Swordfish is notorious for being more parasite ridden.
>>
>>7164971
Where would you go for sushi fish in NYC?
>>
>>7164998
I go to Mitsuwa in Edgewater NJ. It is a weeb's wet dream, but they do have very good fish there. They even do a Yellowfin carving event every year which is kind of interesting, although the actual meat is expensive af.
>>
>>7164346
You can just get smoked salmon if you want to try making sushi within the next week or so while hunting down a way to avoid those colon cretins.
>>
"Sushi Grade" fish is just decent quality fish quick frozen for a couple days at -18 C. It kills off most parasites That might be living in the fish.
>>
>>7164346
Go to a dedicated fishmonger, make sure they're professional and clean and carry fresh fish.
>>
I live in a small ocean town and the local fish auction is less than 5 miles away. All the fish received from local fisherman are frozen to kill the parasites before being thawed for sale.

When our kitchen received a fish shipment we slice up some of it that day to do a few orders of poke and sashimi but the rest all gets frozen until we are putting it on the menu anyway. Whether it spends a few weeks in our freezer next to the ocean or in a frozen truck before being delivered to you wherever you are doesn't make much of a difference.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.