[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of pic just opened near me. Thought I would sample a meme.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: five_guys.jpg (262 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
five_guys.jpg
262 KB, 1680x1050
One of pic just opened near me. Thought I would sample a meme. Got a hamburger with just grilled onions so I could try the meat nearly as is. Was shit. Those cajun fries though, god damn they are good.

Discuss your own experiences of meme food.
>>
Were your cajun fries crispy or soggy?

>dat sog
>>
I went to In n Out once. Once. Mediocre burgers, shit fries.
>>
>>7162969
Perfectly crispy, I can't fault them. They were amazing. Like I said though, the burger was shit, I'm not sure they even seasoned it.

>>7162988
Would be interested to try this meme but it seems they don't even have locations in all the US? Not likely to find one in Scotland.
>>
Braums shits on Five Guys when it comes to burgers and drinks, but Braums has bad fries and 5guys doesnt
>>
>people generalize places like Five Guys not realizing that their quality is dependent on the area
I have been to Five Guys where the food is too greasy and the fries are soggy as fuck, and I have been to Five Guys where everything is phenomenal and good. What I recommend is going in and watch the staff as they cook to see how good o a job their doing. It sucks places like these can be so inconsistent, but that's the reality of the situation when you're not fast food.
>>
>>7162783
I tried siracha for the first time last year.
Tasted like shit, vinegar with slight spice.
Not sure how it ever achieved meme status.
>>
>>7162783
>meme

Fuck off and back to Facebook you fucking idiot

>>7162969
You know for someone who thinks they are smart, it's not hard to figure out that fries sog up when you close up the paper bag to fries that are fresh out of the fryer.
>>
File: 1449184902960.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1449184902960.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
I've never had it, I'd expect it to be like chipotle though. Chipotle is a decent burrito but I was like, damn. All this hype and expense over a normal ass burrito? It's a fine burrito but fuck, why are people shitting themselves over it? I've had 100 that were just as good for half the price. I would imagine 5 guys is just a decent normal hamburger that's really expensive.
>>
>>7162783
Had it three times at different locations. Absolutely not worth the price for dry, flavorless burgers.
>>
>>7164825
Normies think it's very spicy. Have you ever tried taco bell hot sauce? Even the "fire" (hottest) sauce is about as hot as Cholula.
>>
The burgers are nice for fast food ones, but you can make far better ones yourself at home for a fraction of the price
>>
i had 5 guys a few months back because it was the only thing open and we were drunk as hell

the burger was shit and the cajun fries were too crispy

0/10 would not recommend

we ended up going into a stop n shop and eating deli meat in the aisle
>>
>>7164825
Try some secret aardvark souce
>>
>>7162995
only in CA mostly. They aren't worth the hype but,,,they are a good burger and worth eating. they only open shop within 2 hours of farms they can get fresh food from, the burgers are fresh and they cut fries to order,

It's not high end restaurant good, but for fast food you cant do any better.
>>
File: 1435040937385.jpg (134 KB, 745x717) Image search: [Google]
1435040937385.jpg
134 KB, 745x717
>going to a brand new five guys

No shit it was going to be bad, the chefs don't know what the fuck their doing, they were just hired.

>able to add bacon to your milkshakes
>>
>>7165160
Holy shit i hope you're trolling because you sound like an absolute faggot
>>
>>7162783
>that name
Fucking patriarchy
>>
>>78097047
Being a celiac, I prefer Smashburger since they actually offer gluten free buns. The burger meat itself is okay, but the toppings make up for it.
>>
in-n-out was the most average burger ive ever had, espcially after my friend from cali hyped them up to be gods gift to earth. Why do people like it so much? Are Californians just high all the time?

It also took me about 4 bites the finish the whole thing. What the fuck is that about
>>
>>7164819
This
You have to scout places like these out and then only go when people who make the good fries are working
I really only go to Five Guys at like 9:30 am anymore
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
Still think the whopper is a better burger.
>>
>>7164819
>>7165974
I shouldn't have to scout anywhere. You wanna be a chain restaurant? Fine. Go for it. But for fuck's sake, keep it consistent location to location. If you can't, why are you a fucking chain?
Literally no one says
>let's not go to /that/ wendy's, let's go to the /good/ wendy's
because they can be fucking consistent. Consistently mediocre, but consistent nonetheless. And at a third the price of 5G.
If I have to pay $12 for a goddamned burger and fries, I want them to always be good. Not sometimes be good. Not most of the time be good. Not occasionally be good. Always. Be. Good.
How is this such a difficult concept to understand?
And, for the record, I've tried 5G at least a half dozen times now in three (or perhaps four, now that I think of it?) different states and it's always the same: sloppy burgers that fall apart into a sad pile of bread and meat at as much provocation as a butterfly flapping its wings in the general direction of the supposed "sandwich," fries that are saggier than a pair of geriatric tits and a deep sense that my wallet must be some kind of slut because it just got fucked by five guys.
>>
>>7166248
And all I'm saying if you aren't willing to put in the work to figure out which Five Guyses to go and when then you really have no right to complain

Try not going in the middle of the lunch rush or like 3 pm on a weekend afternoon for starters
Then you probably won't have to deal with underdone fries or sloppy buns, or at least that's been my experience
>>
>>7166334
Not the guy you're replying to, but that's a pretty pathetic justification for going to that place.

I tried a few five guys maybe 10-ish years ago when they were first expanding rapidly in my area and everyone was like 'zomg five guys is the best'. Usually if a place sucks once I'll let it go, but if it's consistently shitty, then no, fuck no.

It's not like good hamburgers are an exotic thing that you can't get anywhere. What pissed me off though was the fact that they hype train was acting like it's totally so much better than fast food, but actually it was even worse. I don't like mcdonalds but if it was between mcdonalds and five guys I'd still go for the mcdonalds.

The only fast food chains that I'll eat at willingly are culvers, gott's, and shake shack.
>>
>>7166334
>you pay for something
>you have no right to complain that it's quality is shit
Are you legitimately retarded, Anon? You certainly must be. Money is exchanged for goods and services on the good faith that the quality of those goods and services provided can expected to be valued at the price paid. If that expectation is not met, complaints are absolutely justified and you're retarded.
>>
>>7165100
>that dick
How did they not see it?
>>
>>7166334
>no right to complain
Please kill yourself
>>
>>7167788
>>7166365
>>7166360
Maybe you do have a right to complain but it doesn't mean you don't sound stupid doing it

It's like complaining about a movie without reading reviews or even looking a rotten tomatoes score, at that point it's just your own fault that your money was wasted and you look like a fool.

But somehow I'm the jackass for doing my research on the local Five Guys. Whatever, I'll just enjoy my crispy, well seasoned fries and not shitty movies.
>>
>>7166248
>Literally no one says
>let's not go to /that/ wendy's, let's go to the /good/ wendy's
I hope you're using the sarcastic version of literally, because I've said that (not about Wendy's, but other restaurants with multiple locations). I've known other people that have said the same thing.

>If I have to pay $12 for a goddamned burger and fries, I want them to always be good. Not sometimes be good. Not most of the time be good. Not occasionally be good. Always. Be. Good.
This is the part I agree with, though. If you're going to charge more, you need to be consistently better, and that's going to be what brings 5 guys down.
>>
File: DSCF3161.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3161.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>7162783
>go every tuesday for weeks now
>it's always delicious
>>
>>7162783
>Five Guys and Culvers within 0.5 miles of each other
>go to five guys and order fries
>go to culvers and order double butter burger
godly combination tbqh
>>
What-a-burger. TX meme grub. Fucking delicious. Leaves me with a stomach ache, but what fast food doesn't? Also it has the best breakfast of any fast food joint. English muffins are for scrubs.
>>
I don't eat at Five Guys much because of how fucking greasy every single burger I get there is, but fuck

>those cajun fries
Literally the best.

Got that seasoning in my eye once when I was eating them and inadvertently rubbed my eye. The burn was horrific, but I went back to eating them after rinsing my eye out with water.
>>
>>7167861
Movies are something you go to for fun
Fast food is something you eat in emergency situations
If you have to research whether a particular fast food location is particularly bad or not, it defeats the purpose of fast food
>>
Get yourself a grill cheese with a patty add whatever toppings. It comes out way better than a burger, then do a lil Cajun extra crispy. I work at a 5 guys this is what alot of us go for.
>>
>>7162783
The burgers are a 3/5 AT BEST. Every good Murican knows the real reason to go there is the fact that they fill nearly a 1/3 of the bag with fries, the cup for them is merely decoration.
>>
File: chef.png (855 KB, 653x794) Image search: [Google]
chef.png
855 KB, 653x794
>>7168071
>Lose a shit ton of weight
>trying to eat better
>move and there's a culvers less than 1 minute from my house
Just kill me now
>>
>>7167909
No, I was using 'literally,' literally. I've heard people use it for chain sit-down restaurants ("let's not go to /that/ Chili's, let's go to the /good/ Chili's"), but not fast food/fast casual restaurants.

>>7167861
None of that makes any sense.
So what you're telling me is that I /need to go see in person if the 5G is any good/, have I got that right? I mean, I would have to go in person because it's not like online reviews are going to say what times it's best to order from there. And, once I'm there, wouldn't it be weird to sit there and watch other people eating their sloppy, crumbling meat-and-bread mounds like some feeder-fetishist with his bovine wife? Is that what you're admitting to doing? You sit there and watch people eating their fall-apart pseudoburgers like some creep?

Also, that shit about movies was a bad analogy altogether. Someone had to see the movie first for there to be a review. So those people are dumb? You see how idiotic that is?

>>7166334
For what it's worth, since I've never once gone to 5G during a lunch rush, it's not "zomg, they're busy!!! go when they are not busy!!!!." Because I've never gone when they're busy. Ever. Mostly because I typically eat lunch much later than most people and every time I've been to 5G save one has been a weekend.

I really don't get why Zagat considers it such a good burger. It's a complete and utter mess. If the burger doesn't fall apart in your hands mid-eating, the patty slides out the back of the bun. If the fries aren't limp and greasy, you got them from somewhere other than Five Guys.
>>
>>7165100
Whats funny is that with all the food poisoning issues Chipotle has had recently, people are literally shitting themselves over the burritos.
>>
I only like In-N-Out more because everything is so goddamn cheap. It's 6 bucks (+tax) in San Francisco to get a burger, fries, and a soda. That gets you like one fucking hot dog in some hipster gaybay place and sometimes not even that.
>>
>>7166248
This happens at literally all chains.
>>
>>7169010
>like one fucking hot
>like
are they alike or not?
>>
Holy shit this thread I'm convinced that everyone who hates five guys went there once and had a slightly bad experience like their fries were a little soggy and immediately thought this place is shit everyone who told me it was good lied.

Also half the people quote the wrong price
>its 12+ for burgers and fries
Nigga no it's not I can get a bacon cheese burger and a little fries for 10 dollars give or take 50 cents
And for that ~10 dollars you get ~1500 calories worth of food
>>
>>7169600
>the low prices in my babyjesusburg, wv hometown are the same as places where human beings actually live, like cities!!
You're a fucking moron. And that's another issue with Five Guys: the prices run the gamut from $10 for a shitty meal to $14 for a shitty meal, depending on where you are. There's no consistency even in how much they're gonna assrape your wallet.

Where I live, it's $12 and change. The one I went to in New York, it's $13something. Others I've been to have been around $11something.

And the price is even besides the point. If you want to defend its quality, go ahead and do that. I mean... you can't, really, because a greasy meat and processed cheese veg-spleggings bread pile is just not a good burger, no matter how you try to prevent its inevitable lapse into an indecipherable mess.
Five Guys is shit, has always been shit and the fact that it's actually popular only further suggests that there's some odd shadow group that can force shitty or weird memes on a national scale, like the entirely unfounded "5G is good, gaiz!!" meme here in the US and the tentacle fetishism meme in Japan.
>>
>>7169663
>I live in a rural area
I live in New York the five guys closet to my home town in westchester was the same price as the one my college town which is in rural upstate New York.

Also i don't understand my dumbasses unwrap the whole burger eat it out of the foil and it doesn't fall apart is easier to hold and doesn't get your hands dirty>>7169663
>>
shake shack is overpriced fucking garbage. the burgers are the size of my fist and cost way too much. 2/10
>>
>>7169677
>it's the same price, guys!!!
Prove it.
They all have online ordering, so show us screen shots of the same order from the two, the one in WC and the other in US NY showing the same prices and what the store locations are so we can confirm for ourselves. Because I can guarantee that you're either bullshitting or that it's an anomaly.
>>
>>7162783
>on roadtrip with friends
>see five guys
>recall the meme
>yell out that we have to stop there to eat
>order food
>take a few bites
>realize it's shit
Fuck you, Virginia.
>>
>>7169663

>not having a tentacle fetish

post disregarded.
>>
>>7169704
I'm the guy that's been shitting on 5G for most of the thread and I still don't believe you. I've gotta say: the taste of the burger itself is pretty spot on. It tastes really rather good, to be honest. The problem is that after "a few bites," the patty falls out the back or the bun disintegrates into a sad slop of disappointment.
Even the fries: the taste is quite good, but they're soggy. And /still/ not as good as Rally's/Checkers or Popeyes fries.
Fuck me, if I could just order a bucket of either, I would.

The biggest problems I have with it are how inconsistent the place is, how overpriced it is for what you're getting, how sloppy, greasy and fall-apart the burgers are and how soggy the fries are.
The taste is good.
>>
>>7169708
Stop assuming. I never said I didn't. I wish I were a multi-tentacled creature so that I may copiously violate moe futanari animu cat"girls," but alas! I am not such a thing.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.