[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got really into fish and started eating it everyday. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 205x245) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 205x245
I got really into fish and started eating it everyday. I'm 25 and after a few months of doing that, I look drastically younger. Will I go back to how I looked before if I stop eating as much fish?
>>
wait, you're saying fish changed your eyesight?
>>
Omega-3s reduce oxidative stress on your body so I guess I can see why that would happen.
I don't know if that specific thing will happen, but Atlantic salmon is cheap, delicious, and healthy, so why stop?
>>
mercury poisoning
parasites
etc
>>
>>7162537

are you implying I'm imagining things? I always get ID'd now.

>>7162540

I look like a teenager now, I'm not sure if this is a good thing
>>
>>7162562
>I look like a teenager now, I'm not sure if this is a good thing
Of course it is, now you can more successfully go out and pick up underaged girls without looking like a total pervert.
>>
File: emo-dad-22891-1257438303-107.jpg (49 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
emo-dad-22891-1257438303-107.jpg
49 KB, 600x800
>>7162567
>>7162562
>I look like a teenager now
>>
>>7162575
That dude is like 50, it's very possible to look like an adolescent when you're 25.
>>
>>7162508
OP you're experiencing the benefits of the superior protein source for humans. Omega-3 acids are a hell of a drug.

You mind sharing your recipes and eating habits? I have been pescetarian for a few weeks but fish is fucking expensive.
>>
>>7162600
>I have been pescetarian for a few weeks

ugh

WHY
>>
>>7162600

I eat a lot of tinned fish (sardines), when I have salmon I broil it.
>>
enjoy your mercury poisoning.
>>
>>7163165

enjoy being a dumbass
>>
>>7162587
looks like a teenager to me.
>>
>>7162600
>>7162508
same fag
>>
>>7163165
Has there been any actual cases where someone has died or been seriously affected by mercury poisoning from eating fish every day? I eat tuna and salmon every now and then, sometimes I eat a single serving packet a day, and have yet to notice anything.
>>
>>7163955

No. Look at Asians. They eat fish 14 times a day and love to be 230 years old and gain wizard powers and have X-ray vision and banished Godzilla to the moon. Fish is just fucking magical dude.
>>
Motherfuckin gaay fish
>>
>>7162611
Not a strict pesci, I had chicken a few days ago.

I mainly want to optimise my health and brain. The longest lived populations are invariable coastal/islanders who eat moderate diets of vegetables and seafood.

All the most advanced historic societies ate fish by the way. Omega balance does shit man.
>>
>>7163955
Japan eat pounds of fish a week and they hold longevity records.

Don't worry about it.

Besides water can be more dangerous than eating fish.

For example, in California, rural communities get uranium poisoning since uranium can easily be found in the earth's crust and can get into water supplies.
>>
>>7165685
Haha I just spat cereal onto my keyboard.
Gonna have to go watch that episode now.
>>
It's because fat is very healthy for you.
It's literally the most important macronutrient your body needs to be healthy.
Which is why there's so much fucking disease in Ameritard land right now. This incredibly stupid low fat corporate propaganda campaign is hell bent on getting people addicted to their sugar (which has stronger addiction properties than Class 1 narcotics) products. Every fucking thing has sugar added now, to get people addicted. Sugar causes so many different diseases. You might ask, "but why don't they want us to be healthy?"
1. Fat makes you feel satiated, you eat less and feel better. Sugar doesn't satiate, in fact it makes you want to eat more. And then you feel like shit, so then you want to buy more to feel that hit again.
So fat = spend less money. Sugar = spend more money.
Which one does a corporation want you to do?
2. When you're healthy, you're happy. When you're happy you're less prone to the insidious marketing techniques employed by corporations to literally mind control you into buying their addictive disease causing products.
3. Profits. Addictive products are just more profitable than healthy products, plain and simple.

So yes, eat fish, if you can, eat locally caught fish. And even better? Grow your own. I've looked into it and I would love a piece of land, small house, and an aquaponics set up.
>>
>>7165771
You are very right about sugar but your sugar/fat dichotomy is as stupid as the lowfat meme.

Overeating anything (read: trans and sat fat) shortens your life and there is a shit of a lot of overeating going on today. If sugar was no longer a problem salt or oil or some other narcotic would take its place. Preach a sensible diet and eliminate the ridiculous perversion for food and everyone is good.
>>
>>7165807
Exactly. A complete neglect of moderation, variety and reasonable excercise combined with constant indulgence in garbage snackfood is what kills the americlap.
>>
>>7162508
Go to bed, Mr. Button. Your memory isn't what it used to be.
>>
File: salmon_river_1385734c.jpg (76 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
salmon_river_1385734c.jpg
76 KB, 460x288
i feel a lot better generally, since giving up red meats. this is my dinner tonight >>7166289 and while holy fuck is it killing me financially, i have something like 40 kilos of frozen salmon, smoked cod, halibut, whitefish, bass, mackerel, tuna etc etc, so convinced am i that it's healthy enough to justify the cost. i also eat wild, alaskan smoked salmon a couple of times a week, my god is that stuff delicious. also, while they're probably not quite as healthy as fish, i also love the fuck out of lobster, crab, prawns, mussels and... fuck man, pretty much any form of seafood is delicious as fuck, and yes i believe it to be much healthier, and i believe that it makes you smarter.

also fucking this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquatic_ape_hypothesis

and yes, appropriate quantities of 'good' fats are extremely good for you. omega 3 fatty acids are hugely under-rated. as well as all the fish i eat, i take omega 3 supplements too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6440979.stm

i'm never going back to bacon, pork, lamb, beef, none of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17345967
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.