[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently got about 5lb of ground deer meat any suggestions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: pocket deer.jpg (35 KB, 468x339) Image search: [Google]
pocket deer.jpg
35 KB, 468x339
I recently got about 5lb of ground deer meat
any suggestions for what to do with it?
>>
Ground venison makes great chili...cant go wrong .
>>
>>7161175
Ground anything makes a good burger.
>>
>>7161175
Reform it into a little baby deer.
>>
>>7161175
Add some fat if it's a bit lean and make meat balls or burgers. Chili as >>7161185 suggested is also acceptable.
>>
>>7161185
>>7161189
already have a couple pounds of it planned for chili and burgers, just looking for more ideas
>>
>>7161203
Replace ground hamburger in a pasta dish.

Spice it and use it on nachos in place of ground beef/chorizo.

I'm basically just looking for places you can use ground meat and listing those options.
>>
>>7161175
speaking of deer

how much meat can i get off a deer?

is it worth however much i have to pay to pay for tags and stuff, and to have it processed by someone else since i live in an apartment?
>>
>>7161175
I wnat to snuggle with it.

Also, burgers, chili, meatloaf, meat sauces over pasta or taters...it's up to you.
>>
>>7161238
you could expect 40-70 lbs of clean meat off a adult white tail deer,depends on the size obviously though

yea,i find that it is worth it

though if at all possible TRY to butcher it yourself...
>>
>>7161294
>>7161238
Yeah, try to butcher it yourself. You can gut it in the field and butcher it in your tub like the guy in this image did if you have to. Just be sure to clean your tub before and after.

You can look videos up on youtube on how to butcher a deer.
>>
>>7161294
i just simply have nowhere to do it
>>
>>7161175
I might catch shit from this, but one of the best meat loafs ive had was a deer/beef mix, it came out thick as cheesecake
>>
>>7161323
in that case don't go to a deer processor

try to find a regular butcher that will do it for you

the problem with processors is that

1.higher chance of getting shorted because they go off a set dressed weight-to-processed meat formula

2.a lot of times you don't even get meat from your own deer back
>>
File: venison meatloaf.jpg (357 KB, 1600x1501) Image search: [Google]
venison meatloaf.jpg
357 KB, 1600x1501
>>7161175
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.