[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: things you do because your grandparents did it. Whenever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Leftover-Pasta.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
Leftover-Pasta.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
ITT: things you do because your grandparents did it.

Whenever we had leftover pasta sitting in the fridge, my grandma would throw it in a pan with a bit of olive oil and pan fry it. It was fucking amazing every time and I still do it.
>>
>>7160366
When I get down to the bottom of a bag of chips i always get the scissors and cut off all the excess bag, leaving only the bottom few inches so that the crumbs and smaller pieces are easier to get at. I do it because my dad always did it
>>
how long do you fry it?
>>
>>7160397
super pro life hack tip: put the chips in a bowl and you could not possibly have an easier time eating them
>>
>>7160366
When the chips run low, instead of trying to pinch handfuls of crumbs from the bottom of the bag i use them to bread chicken or fish, or use them in meatballs instead of breadcrumbs. Can you tell that my grandparents were dirt poor even before the depression?
>>
Always make gravy from left over fat and pan drippings. Especially when you deglaze shit in the pan, just add butter and make a rue then add flour. We always had gravy in some shape or form in the house.
>>
>>7160476
actual flour or breadcrumbs are way cheaper, just saying
>>
>>7160469
except now you have a dirty bowl to clean, you have to refill it if you want more chips or put the extra ones back in the bag. thanks super pro russian life hacker!
>>
>>7160491
This was loooong after they'd set themselves up nicely once their luck turned around. It was more a thing of "I will not waste anything ever because I had it drilled into me since i was an infant that throwing away anything edible=starving to death tommorow"
>>
Raw onion + thin layer of butter on both sides on wonderbread. This is my grandmother's go to snack. Bless that smelly old hag.

My grandfather likes drinking buttermilk and believes that eating saltines with ketchup on them is the be all, end all cure for heartburn. Also puts vick's vapor rub on the soles of his feet when he's sick and thinks bee stings can lessen soreness and aches of the body.
>>
>>7160502
i think i would prefer that over having to cut off the bag and then cleaning the scissors. eating chips out of a bowl instead of the bag is really convenient i think, nothing worse than touching the inside of the bag with the back of your hand and getting all the greasy chip stuff on it
>>
>>7160446
Just until it starts getting crispy. It's a hot greasy mess but worth it.
>>
>>7160517
>nothing worse than touching the inside of the bag with the back of your hand and getting all the greasy chip stuff on it
>nothing worse
Really? There's literally NOTHING you can think of that would be worse than getting chip grease on the back of your hand? Fucking coddled liberal hipster.
>>
>>7160536
>turning a hyperbolic statement into more /pol/shit on a board that's already becoming /pol/ junior
>>>/out/
>>
>>7160517
>nothing worse than touching the inside of the bag with the back of your hand and getting all the greasy chip stuff on it

That's the whole point of cutting the bag. The other point of cutting it is to avoid dirtying a bowl. When the bag is full, no bowl necessary as the chips are near the top. When it's getting closer to the bottom and you know you're going to finish the bag you cut it to make a makeshift bowl. Also makes it easier to dump the last crumbs into your mouth.

>then cleaning the scissors
You don't use the good scissors, dumbass. You use the other ones
>>
>>7160536
Get a life, queer
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.