[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grape Jelly Meatballs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 480x226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 480x226
Has anyone made these before? All the recipes I find have different ratios for the jelly, sauce and meat balls.
Some recipes call for bbq sauce, some use Heinz chili sauce. And what kind of jelly? I have seen grape and jelled cranberry sauce.
>>
One jar grape jelly, half bottle mustard, plain yellow mustard. Just trust me on this one
>>
File: 1449441204318.jpg (75 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449441204318.jpg
75 KB, 640x640
today, a new low
>>
i never stop being disappointed in you guys.
>>
>>7160434
Don't try this. It makes grape jelly gas.

But seriously, what sized containers of grape jelly and mustard? They aren't standardized
>>
I would recommend boiling down raw cranberries with honey and then throwing it into a crockpot with the meatballs. Otherwise season to taste.

>>7160464

It's an old dish from the 60's and it's actually pretty goddamn good. It's not meant to be a meal or anything. Notice the toothpick?
>>
File: asdfdsf.gif (2 MB, 271x276) Image search: [Google]
asdfdsf.gif
2 MB, 271x276
>>7160475
just dont
>>
>>7160475
>It's an old dish from the 60's and it's actually pretty goddamn good
This. It's just sweet and sour meatballs for lazy housewives. I've had it a few times at parties.
>>
>>7160475
Pretty sure he knows what it is, it's probably the plebbiest thing you could possibly "cook"
>>
File: 1449541475774.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449541475774.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
>>7160479

If you don't like it then go eat a dick.
>>
Op here. The recipe I'm going to try is as follows-

16 oz grape jelly
1 bottle Heinz chili sauce
1 lb frozen meatballs

Heat chili sauce and jelly. Dump meatballs into crock pot on high. Add sauce. Cook 3-4 hours.
>>
Sounds good senpai
>>
>>7160245
Heinz chili sauce is key. There's a touch of allspice that gives that yumminess of say what people like about swedish meatballs.
Grape jelly is traditional.

BBQ sauce is just for people who really want BBQ, or have no WTF idea is chili sauce. Don't go there.

Also, if you aren't going to make your own meatballs (oh the horror), then you must find meatballs that aren't italian seasoned, but regular ol recipe (celery, onion, pepper seasoning).

Wanna do it up gourmet? Bake your own meatballs, so they have a little browning, then use the chili sauce + jelly thing. Grape is great, but add a little wine too.
>>
>>7160245

They're fucking disgusting.
>>
>>7160870
>you must find meatballs that aren't italian seasoned, but regular ol recipe
I did buy frozen meatballs, I got the "traditional" ones (they also had Swedish and Italian).
I need to make this because I sell jam and jelly locally. I like to add a recipe to my product description, and I wanted to use a grape jelly meatball recipe. The problem is, I have never had them before.
>>
>>7160245
grape jelly meatloaf was amazing when i had it, meatballs seem like a smaller easier method to eat them.
>>
>>7161271
Recipe?
>>
>>7161394
I wish, it was made by an old nanny (83yrs) around 14 years ago.

she is probably dead and her recipe dies with her.

lo ciento.
>>
>>7160924
Honestly, I prefer lil smokies when doing BBQ sauce and grape jelly.
Just melt like 1/4 cup grape jelly, add BBQ sauce until it has a nice tang and isn't too sweet. Add the smokies and let simmer for 10 minutes or until warm.

For the meatballs, I used the chili sauce, cranberry jelly, sauerkraut, and brown sugar. Everyone at my office loved it.
>>
>>7161462
>For the meatballs, I used the chili sauce, cranberry jelly, sauerkraut, and brown sugar. Everyone at my office loved it
That. Sounds. Amazing.
>>
>>7161473
Stinks like hell when making it. It's the easiest thing ever since you cook it in a crockpot.

I recommend trying it.
>>
File: huh.gif (177 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
huh.gif
177 KB, 500x400
>>7161473
and stringy.

i dunno about the saurkraut. i like the flavor profile, but the texture sounds awful.
>>
>>7160473
got a kek outta me
>>
>>7160245

I've always seen this done with cocktail sausages and grape jelly and bbq sauce

Ive had it multiple times at like super bowl parties and the like. It works for some reason. Ive never made it myself, but i couldn't eat them all day
>>
Op post pics when you make this
>>
>>7161483
Nah, it cooks down and is mostly for flavoring the sauce. No one knew there was sauerkraut even in there.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.