[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be Bong >Following American online recipe >Ingredients
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: 800px-George_IV_bust1.jpg (275 KB, 800x1136) Image search: [Google]
800px-George_IV_bust1.jpg
275 KB, 800x1136
>Be Bong
>Following American online recipe
>Ingredients
>1 cup grated cheese
>2 lbs meat
>16oz pasta
>3 cups sauce
>half tsp spice
>1 bag vegetables

WHY ARE YOU FAT RETARDED DEGENERATES STILL DOING THIS BACKWARDS AMBIGUOUS SHIT
All food stuffs including liquids should be measured by weight in grams!!!!!!!
>>
>>7159143
Why are you so salty? It doesn't affect you in the slightest, I don't know why you're getting so mad about how other people measure ingredients.
>>
Solids in grams and liquids in ml

That is the true bong way
>>
We do it so you dumb pieces of shit can't eat our delicious food.
>>
>>7159143
>should
You are following what appears to be a very trashy recipe you found online, yet ranting about standards? That's too much cognitive dissonance for me.
>>
Half of that is measured by weight, dum dum.
>>
>>7159143
>>3 cups sauce
>>half tsp spice
>>1 bag vegetables

This is a very vague recipe
>>
>>7159154
Actually plenty of us are still using the ridiculous imperial shit. It is only the rest of the world using metric.
>>
Ah, another American-pretending-to-be-European thread. This time, pretending to be a Brit.
Guess what? Brits use ounces and pounds and stuff all the time. :-)
Where do you think you got them, AmeriOP?
>>
>>7159174
Pounds for meat yea, most people these days don't use ounces except older generations
>>
America-hate threads and posts are usually started by Americans, believe it or not. The bashing that continues thereafter, however, is actually about 33/67 non-American/American.

Why do Americans start America-hate threads?
Because it's trolling.
They do it because they're bored. It starts a flamewar that amuses them.

Why do they contribute to the America-bashing thereafter?
Because it's trolling.
They do it because they're bored. It carries the flamewar that amused them.

That's also why OP replied to himself at least once ITT.
Because it's trolling.
He did it because he's bored. It continues the flamewar that amused him.

And so, for the next several posts, we're going to have a little genuine America-bashing and a lot of Americans just carrying the flamewar because they've nothing better to do.

Enjoy!
>>
File: greenbeancasserole.jpg (55 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
greenbeancasserole.jpg
55 KB, 800x450
>>7159179
>Why do Americans start America-hate threads?
Disappointment in the standards of our fellow countrymen.
>>
>be bong
>shitpost on an american site about how americans use ounces and pounds
>for some reason still measure your weight in pounds
>can't count high enough to measure your weight in pounds
>come up with fucking stones

Until you bongs give up this shit you have no right to complain about anything not being written in metric.

>i weigh 12 stone 5
>well just how much is that, mate?
>i dunno, let me get out my fucking calculator and do some extra math for absolutely no reason
>>
Says the fuck who measures his weight in stones.
>>
>>7159186
Aw, don't say that. Most Americans are perfectly lovely people.
Just because the majority of you guys can't cook doesn't mean that those of you that can don't blow us Eurostanis out of the water.
That's one problem with USican culture: you're a land of extremes. Either you're absolute shit in the kitchen or you're a damned culinary savant while us Europeans are generally better than you guys /on average/. That's right: the average European is a better cook than the average American, but the top American cooks are better than the top European cooks.

Also, I made a green bean casserole for the first time not too long ago and it was pretty good. I don't see what the hate it gets is all about.

Butter, 4tbsp
Flour, 5tbsp
Onion, minced, 1 medium/medium-small
Mushrooms, minced and reduced, 500g
Dried mushroom, a big handful or two or mushroom powder, 3tbsp
Milk, 1 litre
Egg, 2
Green beans, blanched and shocked, 1kg
Crisped onion, as needed

Cook flour and butter into a roux then add onion, reduced mushroom, mushroom powder and a good sprinkling of salt.
Off the heat and keep stirring until the hissing stops.
Re-up the heat back to high and add the milk, stirring vigorously to dissolve flour paste.
Cook to desired thickness, stirring all the time, and season to taste if/as necessary.
Allow to cool then beat in two eggs, tempering them first if necessary.
Pour mixture over green beans and bake until heated through, then top with crisped onion and serve.

That's how we make cream of mushroom soup and green bean casserole is just cream of mushroom soup and green beans, right? I added the egg to help it stay together some after baking rather than turning into a mushroom soup with green beans in it.
>>
>>7159187
>american site
No.
>>
>>7159212
Making green bean casserole from scratch is a thousand times better than the lazy version made by most people in the US with canned soup, canned beans and canned fried onions.

I love making my own green bean casserole and I do it every Thanksgiving. I want to vomit when someone makes the slop out of all canned ingredients and then feels proud of themselves for "cooking"
>>
because cooking doesn't need to be precise, you aren't doing analytical chemistry
>>
File: 1411245298748.jpg (43 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
1411245298748.jpg
43 KB, 277x296
>>7159179
There's no real way you can prove what you're saying. Additionally, you're categorizing an entire nation of 300 million people in a specific way and saying that this phenomenon is not really carried out by non-Americans.

Ultimately, you're feeding the very thing that you claim that you dislike.

Your shit is weak. You're a hypocrite. You're denouncing Americans in an America hate thread, saying that only Americans do this in order to carry on some imaginary flame war in your mind.

Please do us all a favor and pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>7159187
>I am too fucking thick to multiply a number by 14 without getting an electronic device to do it for me
>>
>>7159275

>classic bong
>>
>>7159237
You need precision with baking and modernist cooking
>>
File: UKFatties.jpg (155 KB, 782x337) Image search: [Google]
UKFatties.jpg
155 KB, 782x337
More than 50% of English people are 50lbs overweight.... that means when shaking the hands of 10 people in England, 5 of them will be massive fat fucks.
>>
>>7159175

Eh. I still get a quarter pound or sometimes even 2 ounces of sweets from the sweetshop.
>>
>>7159143
Go measure your weight in stones
>>
>>7159143

We measure our food with cups because we measure our drugs with grams.

Imagine going up to your dealer and saying "Can I get a cup of dank, bro?"

It just wouldn't work that way.
>>
>>7159441

Cups exist in the Metric system as well.
>>
>>7159260
>an american is bashing and carrying the flamewar to say that americans don't bash and carry flamewars

inb4
>i'm not american!!!
Sure you're not, kiddo. Sure you're not.
>>
>using exact measurements
>not judging amount by eye or feel

Oh boy...
>>
>needing to measure at all

Just use your fucking eyes like an adult
>>
>>7159143
Sorry you got triggered, Ahmed.
>>
File: 1441838918311.gif (2 MB, 427x320) Image search: [Google]
1441838918311.gif
2 MB, 427x320
>>7159143
Why do you faggots put the letter "U" where it adds nothing to the word?
>>
>>7159562
You realise the English language derives from French amongst others?
>>
>>7159582
And Americans perfected it. Your point?
>>
>>7161518
and I had a teacher who told me not to start my sentences with and
>>
>>7161518
lol
Nice bait.
>>
>>7159143
>hurr anericans r dym because they use cup as a standard
>uses stone as a measurement.
Okay akmed go pray
>>
Bongs still weight them selves in STONE.
>>
>>7161559
Cup is metric you dum fuck
>>
File: metric cups.png (10 KB, 664x282) Image search: [Google]
metric cups.png
10 KB, 664x282
>>7161579

>cup is metric

Huh, and here I thought the metric system all fell into neat ones and zeros.

So much for the American education system.
>>
>grams
>not milliliters

Uuuuh.
>>
>>7161901
That's a customary cup. Since you [likely] live in the US, google defaults to US definitions for you whenever possible.

We use the metric cup, which is 250ml. If you have a graduated measuring cup, you likely notice that one side has customary units marked while the opposite has metric. You'll also notice that it goes to 250ml. That's because those graduated measuring cups are used internationally and needs to have metric cups measured, too.
>>
File: metric cup.png (12 KB, 1094x89) Image search: [Google]
metric cup.png
12 KB, 1094x89
>>7161944

>'straya thinking it's relevant
>>
>>7161950
I don't know why that says it's only Oz and Kiwi because I'm from Italy and we use 250ml as our standard cup. So does France. So does Slovenia. So does Switzerland. So do most western countries. Central Europe and, notably, Danmark use DLs instead of cups. 1dl = 100ml.
>>
File: 1428724627340.png (766 KB, 761x763) Image search: [Google]
1428724627340.png
766 KB, 761x763
>>7159143
But weight is measured in newtons silly
>>
>>7161979
Plain with fig or apple or whole wheat with fig or raspberry?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.