[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT BEGINS AGAIN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: crystalpepsi.jpg (62 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
crystalpepsi.jpg
62 KB, 876x493
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAXLD2c18Ac
http://fortune.com/2015/12/09/crystal-pepsi/
http://consumerist.com/2015/12/09/return-of-crystal-pepsi-confirmed-but-you-cant-actually-buy-it-yet/
>Pepsi is holding a sweepstakes in which a few choice lucky winners will receive a six-pack of the legendary Crystal Pepsi. Anyone can enter through the Pepsi Pass mobile app or website as long as they have 1,000 Pepsi Pass points. If you haven’t had the app long enough to rack up that many, Pepsi will be posting a promo code on its social media accounts that will provide you with the necessary amount. The contest begins on Dec. 10 at 12 p.m. and ends at 11:49 p.m. the following day. The company will choose 13,000 winners to receive a case of Crystal Pepsi to be delivered on or around Dec. 24.

>The inevitable comparison is to Surge, which Coca-Cola brought back in a small batch as an e-commerce experiment last year, selling out within hours and eventually reaching retail store shelves. Surge, at least, was around for six years: long enough to build up a respectable and nostalgic fan base when Coca-Cola brought it back.
I've only heard about this stuff in urban legends because I was too young to experience it at the time.
>>
Is this America only?
>>
>>7158507
Translation: You can win a shitty version of regular pepsi.

There's a reason the company discontinued that garbage - and it wasn't because people liked it. Because no one did.
>>
>>7158507
>implying this isn't one large publicity stunt to stir hype
It'll make it to regular market in a month
>>
>>7158516
you act like people's taste don't change overtime
plus there are new generations alive who might like it
>>
File: head_palm.jpg (9 KB, 175x132) Image search: [Google]
head_palm.jpg
9 KB, 175x132
>>7158591
>mfw people are this dumb and gullible
>>
>legendary

I remember having that as a kid and it sucked ass. Theres a reason it flopped and clickbait nostalgia goggles and artificial demand wont help.
>>
>>7158612
It's already confirmed to be a different recipe
>>
>>7158627
It's just added caffeine, isn't it?
>>
>>7158636
Yeah, but it doesn't have a slight yellow tint anymore like 90's crystal pepsi. I'm assuming that it won't taste like shit this time around
>>
>>7158612
You're a moron. Plain and simple. Society's taste change all the time. Pepsi lose nothing from doing this.

>>7158627
The only thing different about the new recipe is caffeine.
>>
>>7158641
spotted the shill.

Pepsi will do a huge marketing push with limited releases, ultimately it will be as forgettable as all those Mt Dew "flavors"
>societies taste change
Oh please let it work this time were out of ideas here!
>>
>>7158647
>Mt Dew "flavors"
I love blue MTN Dew
>>
>>7158647
Pepsi has plenty of other flavors in other countries anon.

Anyone remember pepsi blue? That shit was gross
>>
I remember lots of advertising for Crystal Pepsi but I never tried it nor have I met anyone who has. I won't try it now because I don't have any Pepsi Points.
>>
>>7158647
>ultimately it will be as forgettable as all those Mt Dew "flavors"
Um Code Red, Voltage and Game Fuel are extremely popular. They only make some of these sodas limited edition not because they don't sell well, but because they get more money by making them limited.

>Oh please let it work this time were out of ideas here!
Considering the amount of people that were campaigning for this, Pepsi would look like complete dicks if they didn't do something.

also
>HURR HE'S DEFENDING SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE! SHILL! SHILL!
That how you sound. Like a child.

>>7158653
I actually liked Pepsi Blue better than the original. I don't remember ever drinking it and thinking "hmm, this taste like windex" like some people have. I do that with regular mountain dew.
>>
>>7158507
>changing the ingredients

What's the point in bringing it back if it's not even going to be the same drink?
>>
>>7161945
Because people have been hyping it up on the internet so much that it will sell like crack no matter what it tastes like.
>>
File: miller-clear-ad.jpg (242 KB, 1181x848) Image search: [Google]
miller-clear-ad.jpg
242 KB, 1181x848
What's next to come back? Miller Clear?
>>
>>7161992
New Coke.
>>
>>7161992
>clear beer
fuck you
>>
>>7158507
>he actually did it
>>
>>7162179
LA fucking Beast.
>>
File: 514MMBQEYML.jpg (61 KB, 447x500) Image search: [Google]
514MMBQEYML.jpg
61 KB, 447x500
>>7162156
No worries, I've only heard about it's existence reading pic related. Although I do admit I would probably try one out of bile fascination. From what I've read it mostly tasted sweetish watery with barely any aroma or bitterness at all.
>>
>>7158516
Excuse me sir, I loved crystal pepsi.
>>
>>7158507

My only memory of having Crystal Pepsi was once when I was sick at my grandparents. No idea on how it tasted.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.