[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would you ever order anything but rare?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 16
File: stake.jpg (432 KB, 1140x1404) Image search: [Google]
stake.jpg
432 KB, 1140x1404
Why would you ever order anything but rare?
>>
>>7157610
I prefer something other than rare.
>>
Because medium rare is quite pleasant?
>>
>>7157610
Because I prefer medium rare unless it's prime rib or filet.
>>
>>7157610
Holographic.is.overated
>>
medium rare gives you that right amount of rare with the right amount of doneness.
>>
>>7157610
when you're not a tryhard faggot with a weak jaw
>>
>>7157621
you get prime rib rare? Is that pretty good? I always get it medium rare. Ive only had t bones and ny strip rare.
>>
>>7157610
if i get a fatty ribeye, leaving it rare doesn't heat up the fat on the inside enough to move around. lean cuts are great rare, but i like fatty cuts medium rare.
>>
File: blue steak.jpg (45 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
blue steak.jpg
45 KB, 320x240
Medium rare to rare for sure. I have a pal who gets his blue. It's kinda gross. Seared on the outside and cold in the middle.
>>
Is it bad if I unironically like well done?
>>
>>7157610
Because you don't trust the cook or the meat
>>
sirloin that isn't rare is an atrocity to all food.
>>
>>7157649
no anon, i prefer well done too. i find the texture to be much better, and it's not dried out unless it's cooked past the well done temperature. anything less than well done feels too chewy and wet, and it makes me gag. i've had steaks from good steakhouses cooked medium well, and still prefer well done.
>>
Because food poisoning is a shitter
>>
>>7157649
>>7157695
some people are just of poor taste. you can't get around that in life.
>>
>>7157610
because 90% of the time when you order a steak, it's of such low quality that there's a risk of getting sick from not cooking it to at least medium rare.
>>
File: 1446146778582.jpg (81 KB, 509x566) Image search: [Google]
1446146778582.jpg
81 KB, 509x566
>>7157610
>>
>eating meat that oozes blood and has the consistency of a sponge

No thanks
>>
>>7157740
http://www.britannica.com/science/myoglobin
>>
File: 1447815120895.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1447815120895.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>7157740

>thinking it's blood

This pretty much describes your entire pleb life in one statement.
>>
>>7157708
just like some people are rude and obnoxious :^)

but i still love you and you can come to my birthday party
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>7157610
Where is master race blue rare?
>>
I'll take anything rare through medium, I don't give a shit. Blue is waay too squishy, and medium well takes a different method to actually make it taste good. Searing it will be shoe leather, but butterflying and pan frying while basting in butter makes a good cooked-through steak.

Exception for prime rib. Medium rare to medum unless you hate your jaw.
>>
>>7157610
Longer cooking time = more time to talk to my hot date before she discovers my disgusting table manners.
>>
>>7157610
>>7157714
Well done actually doesn't look too bad here.
But for the most part, people who cook it "well done" are the people who turn it into leather.
>>
>>7157610
How can you people enjoy eating raw meat? Squeaking and bloody in your mouth?
>>
>>7157938
>squeaking
Learn to cook, my good man.
>>
>>7157655
even when you go to a supper club or a nice restaurant?
>>
>why do people have opinions different to mine?
>>
always order rare
half the time they give me medium rare
>>
i think medium well is the best
>>
>>7158419
This. I order blue rare, most of the time I get mid rare, or even medium. That's why I hate eating at restaurants.
>>
>>7157753
Not that anon, and pardon my ignorance, but what is it?
>>
>>7158446
Myogoblin
>>
Well done with extra ketchup
>>
File: 1443980533442.jpg (29 KB, 512x534) Image search: [Google]
1443980533442.jpg
29 KB, 512x534
>>7157610
medium rare is the best desu
>>
File: 1423461008881.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1423461008881.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>7157911
>mfw cooking steaks for family
>mfw they all like well done shit and bitch at me for "undercooking"
>mfw cooking the ever loving shit out of them just as a test
>mfw final temperature >185
>mfw "nice steak, could be a little more done though"
>>
>>7157610
I prefer medium. Anything lower is too squishy for me to enjoy without cringing.

But I wouldn't complain if it was given to me as rare/medium rare.
>>
>>7158446
protein liquid, it's red because of the iron in the meat.
>>
File: 1444996010759.jpg (15 KB, 225x215) Image search: [Google]
1444996010759.jpg
15 KB, 225x215
>>7158495
>>
>>7157610
>when you realize there's no medium in the picture, just two medium rares and a medium well (rather overdone).
>>
>>7157610
Because I'm a girl.
>>
Because I eat cooked food, not raw disgusting shit so I can live up to a 12 year old's idea of manliness
>>
File: howard.jpg (34 KB, 380x385) Image search: [Google]
howard.jpg
34 KB, 380x385
>>7160435
Actually, rare steak is not raw, nor is it disgusting, nor is it shit. You have a lot to learn about food, it seems. Especially if you don't eat any raw foods at all. That is quite a mistake on your part. You're missing out on a lot.
>>
>>7160450
*tips steakdora*
m'ladle
>>
>>7160450
Le epik le meme le bro
>>
>>7160450
rare is raw
medium is where it's actually starting to cook
>>
>Step-dad won't eat beef if it has even the smallest amount of pink
Steak nights were such a pain growing up
>>
>>7160435
>found the faggot

Beef is the perfect meat to eat rare-midrare. The fact that you're a pussy with a 10 year old's pallet is not my problem. Enjoy your shoe leather faggot
>>
>>7157610
Rare is a bit like eating cold chewing gum, Medium Rare is where it actually tastes good.
>>
>>7157695

>i've had steaks from good steakhouses cooked medium well, and still prefer well done

Your opinion isn't valid until you've eaten a decent rare or medium-rare steak, and if you still prefer well-done then your opinion isn't valid at all. Well-done steak is objectively overcooked, there is no debate, it's like boiling pasta until it turns to mush. There's a reason why advocates of well-done steaks muck about with marinades, and smother the resulting abomination in sauces. If you like your beef cooked through then eat a cut that really benefits from it, like brisket or something.
>>
><my preference> makes it so the meat is <my preference is objectively better and isn't just my preference> and <I'm not just some impressionable asshole following what's trendy>. Also, have you seen the emperor's clothes? Doesn't he look fabulous and not naked at all?
>>
>>7161903
>if your opinions arent the same as mine then they aren't valid at all
>>
>>7161936
He's right though. Go ask any chef; when someone orders it Well Done they're literally asking the chef to ruin their food for them. Some chefs even flat out refuse to cook anything to well done, because they actually have some pride and respect for their ingredients.

http://boston.eater.com/2014/7/11/6193831/boston-chefs-on-customers-who-order-steak-well-done
>>
>>7161969
>Some chefs even flat out refuse to cook anything

And most successful restaurateurs understand that the 'best' anything is the way the customer wants it.

I like tartar sauce on my French fries. I don't need your opinion about it, I don't need the Chef's opinion about it, or someone's mom's advice.. I cant help that I like tartar sauce with fries -- its just the way it is.

happy customers == return business & usually nice tips.
>>
>>7161991
>most successful restaurateurs understand that the 'best' anything is the way the customer wants it.

Read the comments. Even most of the ones who say they'll do it are disappointed in your choice; because they know you're ruining your food.
>>
>>7161998
If I was a chef, especially a professional chef/Michelin star chef, as much as my disdain would be for people eating well done steaks, I would still make it well done for them.

THEY choose the meal for they are the customer, and they provide you with money. I can be as fancy as I want but at the end of the day your customers have their own preferences and satisfying those preferences is the key to continued custom.
>>
>>7162024
If I was a Michelin starred Chef I'd be successful enough that I could tell you to leave.

I'm not saying that's good practice, though. What I'm saying is that yes, you can order it well done if you like, but don't be surprised if:

1. It isn't cooked with any care. After all, you clearly have no taste so why should the kitchen waste their effort on you? Like one guy said, if it's an order for Well Done you can just ignore it.

2. The waiter tries to warn you off. Either because they're tired of people making shitty orders and then complaining about it ("It's dry!"), or because they know the kitchen hate orders for Well Done and the food will be cooked with no care.

3. You don't get a well done steak. Either because it was cooked No Fucks Style or because the person on the meat section refused to ruin a good cut of meat.

Even if none of the above happen, the vast majority of professional agree that Well Done steak is an abomination and anyone ordering it has terrible taste.

So sure, feel free to order your ruined meat, but don't pretend it's okay.
>>
File: jgzhgjhghjg.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
jgzhgjhghjg.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>7157765
A real gentleman doesn't eat his steak like some child. Only blue rare for me, please.
>>
File: 1435192345344.png (31 KB, 661x601) Image search: [Google]
1435192345344.png
31 KB, 661x601
>>7161998

>Read the comments

anyone that gets bent over how someone else eats their food is the one with the problem.

>Hey all! That guy is eating a steak well-done, its cool since its his steak, but I just want everyone to know that I KNOW how its supposed to eat!
You're not showing yourself as food smart, you are showing the world that you're petty and childish.
>>
>>7161991
>the customer is always right
>so desperate for business you'll bow and scrape to keep morons coming back

Pft, no. Any decent restaurant is already turning good customers away because of sheer numbers. Pissing off the picky shits so they stop coming is good business sense.
>>
Filet, Sirloin, Strip - Mid Rare
Ribeye - Medium
Flank, Skirt, Chuck, etc. - this is stewing meat bruh
>>
>>7157610
For me, only fillet is good rare.
Every thing else, medium or medium rare.
>>
File: 1445211067918.png (957 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1445211067918.png
957 KB, 600x480
Can I just say I don't think anyone thinks rare doesn't taste good, and I myself know I'm probably missing out by preferring medium-well, but some of us simply don't like the squishiness. It's just how it is, I get nauseous on stuff like that. Taste isn't everything, texture and consistency is a factor as well.

I could probably accept that rare is the best, but there's just no way I can eat it, and I've tried. You really gonna argue with that?

That said, I really do like smoky tastes, but that could be achieved just by cooking the edges on a rarer steak a little extra I guess.
>>
>>7162666
You know, I can accept that. I know some people with autism who have a lot of trouble with certain foods so I'm not going to judge.
>>
>>7162666
If food inexplicably makes you nauseous then you are probably autistic. I have no respect for picky eating of any kind. I'm sure you have plenty going for you (at least I would be if you didn't post an anime picture) but in that particular respect, you're a faggot. I tell my own mother she's stupid for having a phobia of vegetables. Do I really think she's stupid? No, but she deserves to feel like it for that particular choice.
>>
File: jeantel1_s640x427.jpg (39 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
jeantel1_s640x427.jpg
39 KB, 640x427
>>7162666

agreed.

People who worry how others enjoy their food ate the worst. The others:
#2) Assholes that try to convince everyone that Halloween is a pagan holiday.
#3) stolen valor police. Fucks that worry themselves to death about some shit who puts on a uniform.
>>
>>7162037
My boyfriend tried ordering well done Horse in Iceland, and the waiter flat out refused. Had it medium rare, tasted great and he never orders anything other than well done.
>>
File: avgn.jpg (114 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
avgn.jpg
114 KB, 640x360
I'D RATHER HAVE A BUFFALO TAKE A DIAHRREA DUMP IN MY EAR THAN EAT THIS STEAK!
>>
>>7162024

If you were a Michelin-starred chef, often as not you wouldn't be serving steak, certainly not in the way that a steakhouse does. You'd be serving complex dishes with numerous components that are cooked in a specific and set way. None of the michelin starred restaurants I've been to has ever asked me how I want part of my meal done, they simply serve it to the level of doneness that they believe is appropriate to the dish.
>>
>>7162702
>call your mother stupid
>no respect for picky eating
not even that guy but yea you're definitely the autist here.
>>
>>7157911
As long as they're not leathery, I really like medium well steaks. I still much prefer rare/medium-rare, but I kind of like that chewy brown flavor. I just wouldn't waste a really good cut of beef on it. Otherwise, I give no fucks.
>>
>>7163300
This. Most Michelin star restaurants don't give a shit about your special snowflake orders. You get it how they make it.
>>
>>7157610
I like anything rare to medium.

prefer rare, enjoy medium-rare, medium is still tasty and juicy.
>>
File: steak.jpg (1 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
1 MB, 2656x1494
I like mine Medium to Well.

Pic related.
>>
Am I the onlyone that likes well-overdone with heinz 57 for dipping? My mom sucked at cooking and my dad told me to use it when she overcooked the meat.

My favorite.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.