[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Outside of salad, what kinda food can I use apple cider vinegar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
Outside of salad, what kinda food can I use apple cider vinegar with? What recipes do you have that use it?
>>
Mix a cap full into a cup of water and drink once every day with breakfast. Also that is the ultimate cider vinegar you chose.
>>
Coleslaw
>>
>>7155771
If you drink it, it cures cancer and opens up your chakras and shit.

srsly tho I use it for greens, like kale, collards, and Brussels sprouts. It gives them a nice hint of tanginess.
>>
>>7155771
Can make a nice BBQ sauce with it!
>>
>>7155771
Try it as a mixer with vodka or bourbon.
>>
you can use it on sandwiches. for example, vinegar with olive oil and some oregano or basical or rosemary makes a good italian sub dressing
>>
>>7155771
Never used it for cooking. I keep a bottle around to deal with kidney stones.
>>
I use apple cider vinegar pretty much anytime something needs that vinegar kick, because fuck keeping flavorless white vinegar around, and most other vinegars (balsamic, red wine, rice...) are too overpowering for general use.
>>
>>7155878
White vinegar is perfect for fries and basalmic is hardly overpowering, I use that shit one everything.

Apple Cider vinegar is really only good for hippy hair conditioners.
>>
>>7155891
>White vinegar is perfect for fries

What? How do you use it?
>>
File: kSFUj7i.jpg (449 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
kSFUj7i.jpg
449 KB, 1600x1200
>>7155901
Just sprinkle a little bit on the fries?
It's not a difficult concept.
>>
>>7155910

>fucking canadians
>probably dip it in maple syrup after adding that shit
>>
>>7155910
Malt or go home
>>
>>7155918
>even thinking about putting sugar on fries

America this is why we never invite you over for dinner.
>>
>>7155927

>criticizes canadians for dumping maple syrup on everything
>anon is such a shitposter he somehow manages to misread it as americans just so he can post his "dank 'murrica meme" again
>>
You can use it to make certain salad dressings

I make my own French dressing so I bought a large bottle of apple cider vinegar for that reason

Making your own dressing is surprisingly easy too, and good
>>
>>7155927
McDonalda used to coat their fries in powdered sugar before frying them in beef tallow. Parents complained so the recipe got changed.
>>
>>7155933
You've misread it yourself.
Only an American would think to put sugary syrup on fries; I am criticizing Americans for putting sugar on everything.

>>7155938
Powdered sugar is common on frozen fries as it browns nicely, making the fries look better than they are. McDonald's stopped using beef tallow because vegetarians complained, sugar has nothing to do with it.
>>
File: canada fries.jpg (49 KB, 656x367) Image search: [Google]
canada fries.jpg
49 KB, 656x367
>>7155945

>only an american would think to put sugary syrup on fries

Nice try, Canada.
>>
>>7155945
autistic and wrong

autistic because you don't understand banter and wrong because mcdonald's fries switched from tallow because of saturated fat fears and whatever they replaced it with, the fries are still not vegetarian
>>
File: donair poutine.jpg (570 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
donair poutine.jpg
570 KB, 2448x3264
>>7155954
There's nothing remotely Canadian about that, we prefer slathering it in meats and gravy if we're not just going to do salt and vinegar.

>>7155955
>criticizing Canadians for syrup is banter
>criticizing Americans for sugar is not

Alright m8
>>
File: thechronicleheraldca.png (606 KB, 673x601) Image search: [Google]
thechronicleheraldca.png
606 KB, 673x601
>>7155966

>there's nothing remotely canadian about that

It's literally from a Canadian news article talking about how proud Canada is of their fries, and it's the picture they chose to put right at the top of the page...
>>
>>7155988
>novelty "dessert" item from a potato museum in the middle of nowhere

And yet Americans get so butthurt when people bring up obscure county fair dishes.
>>
File: 1449377079592.jpg (58 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1449377079592.jpg
58 KB, 1024x768
>what can you not use vinegar for
>>
File: url.jpg (918 KB, 2340x2340) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
918 KB, 2340x2340
>>7155988
>Floreceville-Bristol
>french fry capital of the world
>mfw no face
>>
Tuna salad!
>>
>>7155771
I mixed it with olive oil and a bunch of herbs and spices to marinate a turkey breast. Turned out alright.
>>
>>7155988
>canadian food is covered maple syrup
>n-n-n-nuh-uh! Y-Y-Y-YOUR food is

>canadian "banter"
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.