[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Michael Symon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
What's /CK/ thoughts on this guy?
>>
literally who
>>
>>7153415
Never heard of him.
>>
hes from cleveland i think so i mean cool i guess woo browns
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 284x251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 284x251
I dislike Food Network hacks on principle.
Except Alton Brown, and they don't even let him do anything anymore that isn't that show that's basically "Chopped BUT WITH ALTON BROWN."
>>
He's a cool guy from what I've seen of him. His cooking is pretty mediocre, but the man in general seems like someone I could be good drinking buddies with.

>That laugh
>>
>>7153415
He's all right. But I really don't know what audience he really attends to. I see him on some daytime show on ABC every once in a while. He seems to be quite happy there with Batali. I feel like he's a second hand chef compared to earlier Food Network chefs that grew their reputation in order to get shows themselves.

tl;dr: nothing special. would watch if bored.
>>
>>7153415

he has a positive attitude.

it's been a long long time since i've been to one of his restaurants, but he did a really good job of keeping the prices reasonable. the food was fine, but the quality/price ratio was really good.
>>
>>7153415
I've been to two of his restaurants. Lolita was really good, I thought the food had a good balance between traditional/"homey" and unconventional. B-spot was not as good; even though the burgers were tasty, I couldn't help feeling ripped off at the fact that the burgers were tiny and still cost like $12.
>>
Food Network is bullshit and you should only watch it for laughs.
>>
>>7153545
At least with Cutthroat Kitchen, he doesn't have to feign sympathy for the losers. It would be even better if he were allowed to whip contestants.
>>
>>7153417
he "won" an iron chef thing on the food channel and now gets forced into every holiday special and retard talking show

>>7153545
fucking THIS. most intelligent person of all the talent and he gets trapped in a fucking game show

>>7153680
>watching daytime tv

>>7155134
had someone else pay for my burger at b-spot and still felt ripped off.
also, bspots menu "muh no vegetarian options. we only cook in fat. grow up and eat meat bruh"

>>7155142
its also great to watch 17 minute programming and 13 minutes of swiffer commercials
>>
>>7155142

I think Food Network is entertaining as fuck.

You want the news? Don't watch a sitcom.
You want a serious food show? Don't watch Food Network.

It's there to entertain, not enlighten.
>>
>>7155432
This might have been before your time, but they USED to have actual fucking chefs do actual fucking cooking for their programming.
You are everything wrong with modern television.
>>
>>7155450
lmao this guy's right. they even started another channel based on actual cooking, which in just a few years has become the same fucking game shows and nonsense. they literally give actors their own shows.
>>
>>7155450

Yeah, and MTV used to play music videos. Shit changes. Get over it.
>>
File: paul-simonon-4.jpg (181 KB, 703x450) Image search: [Google]
paul-simonon-4.jpg
181 KB, 703x450
>>7153415
Never heard of him, but Paul Simonon was pretty cool.
>>
>>7153545
I hate his douchebag character though.

I miss Alton when he was cool, on Good Eats.

As for Symon, I'm mostly indifferent, but really get bothered by his laugh. Mom has a crush on him though.
>>
>>7153415
Thought he was hot for the longest time, realized my attraction is really to his voice. He's an ok chef but that's about it, seems like a cool enough guy to hang with, more of an entertainer than a chef.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.