[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who wants to help me with my garde manger project that I put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: garde manger.jpg (142 KB, 736x488) Image search: [Google]
garde manger.jpg
142 KB, 736x488
Who wants to help me with my garde manger project that I put off? This shit is due tomorrow, I don't give a fuck about garde manger and just want it to be done.

What I need is:
3 types of pickle/chutney
2 display platters, including a center piece and 4 different canapes
a cheese display with 6 types of cheese and 2 crackers
a charcuterie display with 4 items

I'm going for a mexican/asian fusion theme. I just need general ideas, all of the recipes have to be "original"

Please help me, I hate this shit so much
>>
>>7153022
>mexican/asian
>cheese board
>>
>>7153050
Yeah, I know. My chef is a washed up old CIA grad. The display platter is supposed to include a pate/terrine, but since its the 21st century, im obviously not going to do that.
>>
What college.
>>
>>7153086
a shitty one
>>
>>7153091
What college.
>>
>>7153100
/ck/ would be the kind of board that would report me for cheating or some shit. Even though i havent gotten any help here yet, i'm noided about it.

what college you in?
>>
>>7153022
I am gonna help you
make something to express that hate
what constitutes a garde manger? what are the rules? don't flaunt them, subvert them in the most imaginative and hateful way you can...

> include a pate/terrine, but since its the 21st century, im obviously not going to do that
you're a little snooty cunt. can you make an excellent terrine or pate? one that would satisfy even your 21st century palate and eyes? because if you can't, you've no right to argue.
>>
>>7153022
>I hate this shit so much
Maybe you should consider a different career path if you hate doing one of the key elements of being a good chef.
>>
>>7153056

>The display platter is supposed to include a pate/terrine, but since its the 21st century, im obviously not going to do that.

fucking kill yourself, holy shit

what, the beginning of the second millennium marks a new era in which set/compressed mixtures of delicious things to be sliced into individual portions are unpalatably primitive?
>>
>>7153132

third millennium, fuck. FUCK i hate making mistakes like that.
>>
>>7153120
cont.

here are your free ideas
> canapes
use polenta and mochi as bases
> pickle/chutney
typical mexican legumes lacto-fermented Japanese style, salsa verde made with wasabi
> crackers
rice crackers, toasted tortilla bits
>>
>>7153120
>>7153127
>>7153132

If I sound bitter and jaded, it's because I am. This class has been such a fucking joke, the chef just refuses to modernize what he learned at the CIA in the 80's and shoves this pretentious, disgusting shit down our throats and expects us to replicate it. I'm trying very hard to not let this make me resent cooking. So I'm going to do this thing my way, not the way he wants.
>>
>>7153204

then do it on your own since you're apparently so above help.
>>
>>7153209
I'm obviously not if I'm here asking for help, but only one person has offered anything besides criticisms of my character
>>
>>7153204
>the chef just refuses to modernize what he learned at the CIA in the 80's

pretty sure food then and now is mostly the same senpai
>>
>>7153218

do you wanna maybe take a guess at why? you have a fucking day to do an assignment involving charcuterie and pickles, run to the supermarket and throw something together and pass it unconvincingly otherwise you're fucked. you already decided you're gonna fail one criterion because of your own arrogance, might as well accept that you're gonna phone this in.
>>
>>7153231
Maybe I wasn't clear, I don't have to actually make any of these things, just plan it out as if I were going to. I'm not that much of a fuckup
>>
>>7153224
>being this detached from the industry
>>
>>7153135
if it makes you feel better you're still wrong
>>
Just put like 10 McDoubles on the cheese board

That will show him. THAT WILL SHOW THEM ALL!
>>
>>7153247

no i'm not
>>
>>7153224

Lol no. Just like fashion has trends so does restaurant cooking. Part of being a successful Chef is keeping with the times.
>>
>>7153259

and, you know, passing culinary school.
>>
>>7153022

>do my homework for me because I can't figure it out on my own
>I'm in the cooking g industry but lack independent thought, motivation and creative skills
>I hate this shit

Drop out and go to a liberal arts school like Vassar.
>>
>cheese display
>charcuterie display
>mexican/asian fusion theme
haha

>pate/terrine, but since its the 21st century
hahaha

>im obviously not going to do that.
BWAAAHAHAHAH

You're a funny guy.
>>
>>7153259
Do you even know how to make terrine, would you have if you never took the class? Do you think learning the principles in food, I.E. classical food, is a bad thing?
Just keep copying the next smear technique and calcium solutions, you will go far!
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.