[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>using cheap ingredients to make a PB&J >not balan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: balanced flavors.png (1 MB, 1272x672) Image search: [Google]
balanced flavors.png
1 MB, 1272x672
>using cheap ingredients to make a PB&J
>not balancing your flavors by using curry powder and sriracha sauce instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3HehLKqxsY
>>
>>7152344
Now I want a PB&J sandwish... The "wrong" one.
>>
oh god not this again
why did I watch it
>>
File: 1388862276234.jpg (27 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
1388862276234.jpg
27 KB, 400x395
The comments on that video piss me off to no end

Sure she made some weird as fuck sriracha sandwich, but then people are like
>This is all wrong. The peanut butter NEEDS to be the cheap kind.

>If you are buying 12 dollar jars of peanut butter for hipster cred you need to be murdered with a hammer.

>Its a PB & J its supposed to be processed.

Fuck it. Who cares about trying to make good food right? just buy the shittiest cheapest stuff you can find because that's what good ol' mom and dad made for you as a shitheaded kid. I fucking hate people sometimes.
>>
>>7152377
It's a pb&j though. It tastes good with the shitty ingredients. I mean sure you can use the expensive stuff, but it's a fucking poverty sandwich and needs to be treated as such.
>>
File: fags.gif (3 MB, 480x292) Image search: [Google]
fags.gif
3 MB, 480x292
>>7152377
I feel where you coming from
Replacing ingridients from a classic to invent something new.

But this.. come on... too much
I Like nuttella and marshmellow fluff
>>She really did fuck up a simple
American classic tho..
Fuck OP >>7152344
>>
>>7152390
Well i've never had one that wasn't made with poverty ingredients, but i certainly wont shit on somebody for trying to make the best possible version of a classic. I'm sure a PB&J tastes better if you use something other than bleached wonderbread, skippy, and sugar jelly.

Hell, i'd even try a bite of the marmalade sriracha sandwich, it might be revolting, it might be the best thing ever, most of the biggest culinary innovations in the past were accidents anyways.

(also it's worth noting that the woman runs a shop based out of none other than Portland, Oregon. Most certainly geared towards hipsters)
>>
>>7152413
>>Stoner Hipsters
Hahahaha
>>
>>7152377
It's more of for this application quality of ingredient isn't a huge factor.
Of course there are reasons to buy high quality peanut butter and jelly, but if we're talking price per sandwich literally why spend more than a couple cents for each one.
>>
>>7152377
Very similar to how faggot hot dogs connoisseurs scoff at putting ketchup on hot dog because it ruins the flavor of the neat apparently.
news flash, hot dogs lost the right to be dressed up and fancied as gourmet when they all started off as pig anuses formed into tubes.
>>
>>7152439
nevermind that they don't actually make the cheapest cheap hot dogs out of pig anuses, you can actually buy a lot of fairly nice hotdogs and sausages. i'm fond of the polish ones. ketchup is pretty overpowering, and quite sweet. I do like it on my hotdogs, just not all the time.
>>
>>7152413
>portland
i hate this city so much
>>
>>7152448
ketchup just tastes like shit. onions + relish is goat
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.