[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/ Buying my baker girlfriend a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 61QB21KMU4L._SL1000_.jpg (105 KB, 1000x980) Image search: [Google]
61QB21KMU4L._SL1000_.jpg
105 KB, 1000x980
/ck/

Buying my baker girlfriend a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer for Christmas but I am confused as to whether to purchase the tilt head or the bowl lift model?

Anybody have a preference of one over the other?

Pic related: What I am considering
>>
Pro line 7 quart all day
>>
File: 123123123.jpg (25 KB, 348x434) Image search: [Google]
123123123.jpg
25 KB, 348x434
>buying kitchen tools as a gift to a gf
>>
I prefer the ones that repeatedly thrust the beater into the bowl.
>>
Jokes aside the bowl lift tends to be more durable, the tilt head more practical.

In all cases, aim for the higher end line so you avoid the plastic gears.
>>
File: Mugshot Moustache.jpg (106 KB, 285x350) Image search: [Google]
Mugshot Moustache.jpg
106 KB, 285x350
>>7152079
I don't know about kitchenaids but I recently bought a coffee grinder to grind spices. The receptacle is tilted at a 45ยบ angle so as to better grind the coffee beans
>mfw I have to tilt the coffee grinder to get the blades horizontal to properly grind spices
>>
>>7152079
Just bought the bowl lift one. Seems to be more heavy duty than the tilt head one, and I've heard the tilts break down sooner than the lifts.
>>
>>7152094

My gf's parents gave her an older Kitchenaid mixer, and then for Christmas the next year she gave me a meat grinder/sausage attachment - for her stand mixer.

When I acted disappointing (that she bought something that was useless without something that belonged to her) she ended up returning it, and never ended up buying my something different.

>that was three years ago
>could have been making sausages this whole time
>>
>>7154144
Stop acting disappointed with gifts that are....gifts. It's a flaw. Get over it. Either tell the woman what you want, exactly, or stop acting up when someone triggers that inadequate ungrateful chip on your shoulder. It's your baggage that someone needs to do something delightful, surprising and perfect and then falls short, so you go emo. Not fair, really.
>>
>>7154144
The gift was that she wanted to fucking make you sausages, you ungrateful moron.
>>
File: 1334206.jpg (5 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1334206.jpg
5 KB, 228x221
Just get her some of these and spend the other $200 on some blow and hookers.
Your woman doesn't sound like she deserves a kitchenaid.
>>
Never buy something like that for a gf or she'll expect expensive at all special occasions, maybe a fiancee but not something as temporary as a gf. If she really love baking take her to a restaurant supply/cake supply and let her pick something out like a metal turn-table or fun shit she can play with. Better and more thoughtful for around $100-$150 vs $200-$300+
>>
>>7152079
The differences are more than just "head tilt" and "bowl lift"

The "Head Tilt" is the "Artisan" It is cheaper and bit smaller, and lighter. It is good for most things, but can't handle larger loads, and has dishwasher safe Nylon beater and dough hooks

The "bowl lift" model is the Professional. There is the 500 or 600, the 6500, etc. This one costs more, is heavier, they have bigger motors (the different models all have different motors, but the Artisan has a 325 watt motor, smaller than any Pro Series), they have all steel gear transmissions, and burnished metal beaters and dough hooks (which are NOT dishwasher safe). They also have larger capacity, but the 600 and 6500s actually can have trouble mixing smaller loads.

So basically if your girlfriend should be just fine with an Artisan, unless she is doing some heavy duty baking, but if you want to splurge and spend more on a pro, it IS higher quality.
>>
>>7152079
There's 2 different kinds of bowl lift - there's "Professional" and "Pro Line."

The "Professional" line isn't worth the money, and you should get the tilt head Artisan. The "Pro Line" is really nice and if you can swing that kind of money, then get that one.
>>
>>7152079
All she really wants is hot anal action
>>
>>7154869
The 500 pro has been on sale for less than the Artisan models lately. Picked one up for $160~ on Cyber monday.
>>
>>7152087
Fuck they have a 7qt now? I have a six I'm super jelly now
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.