[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is drinking a bottle of wine a day too much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: white-wine.jpg (44 KB, 760x492) Image search: [Google]
white-wine.jpg
44 KB, 760x492
Is drinking a bottle of wine a day too much?
>>
Yes. Nothing wrong with it though, just enjoy life.
>>
>>7149679

I don't think so, plenty of people do. It really isn't that much over the course of an evening and probably won't do you much damage in the long run.

Seems to be a very good volume of alcohol too - enough to get a slight buzz and relax but not enough to make you properly drunk and give you a hangover.
>>
This doc scared the hell out of me re: drinking: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05wdfhk

Wish I'd never watched it. Now I can't help but think I'm killing my liver any time I drink.
>>
A healthy body can deal with it for a LONG ass time, but it takes its toll. Empty calories and extra load on your organs. And remember alcohol use tends to escalate over time, it wont be long before one bottle doesn't do much for you.
But also, life fucking sucks, and the relief provided by alcohol is a fair trade off, so go fucking nuts and try not to fall into the same trap millions of others did, including me.
>>
>>7149679
Yes, but I've been doing that too for the last few years
I try to only do it with lower ABV stuff, in the back of my mind I know it's not good for me but I love wine
>>
i'm a very sad person, and i only drink a .75 liters of wine every day because i'm sad. i'm married to the best woman in the world. yet that is not enough to keep me from being a sad drunk

yes op drinking a bottle of wine every day is too much
>>
>>7149707
i cant watch this because i failed my tv license test.
>>
>>7149679
Depends on who you ask. An AA type would say drinking any alcohol as part of a regular pattern that you see having a negative effect on your life is too much. A doctor would recommend not drinking more than a glass of wine a day. Back when I drank two bottles a day I had the shakes, so that was clearly too much for me.

A bottle a day is probably more than you "should" be drinking, but unlikely to cause problems for you.
>>
>>7149732
>best woman in the world
>still married a sad drunk

I'm skeptical of her title.
>>
>>7149704
Claims it isn't all that much and that. plenty of people of do it. Continues by saying that it gives you a slight buzz and makes you relax.

As if it is normal to have a buzz on a daily basis.
And if you need to drink to relax, you've got a bigger problem
>>
>>7149977

I am saying that it makes relaxing more enjoyable, not that it is needed to relax.

If you NEED a bottle of wine in the evening to chill then you have a problem.

Difference in doing something because you like it and because you have to.
>>
>>7149977
Doctors prescribe meds to people all the time to relax.
But if you use alcohol to do it it's wrong?
>>
>>7150082
He probably views people who have a few drinks to unwind the same as hardcore alcoholics that get blackout drunk every day off a handle of cheap vodka.
>>
>>7150082
Doctors prescribe medicines to people who do have a problem. Some of these medicines, as you may know cause several health problems in the long term. In that sense choosing those medicines and side effects over your 'normal state' implies that you do have a problem.
>>
>>7150064
I misinterpreted your post then anon.
Indeed, big difference between needing it and liking it.
>>
>>7150213
Everybody's got problems, son. It's called life.
>>
>>7149679
yes.

it's a glass a day OP not a fucking bottle
>>
>>7150228
If you think about it a bottle is just a really weirdly shaped glass, so...
>>
>>7150213

Well yeh, it's almost as bad as obsessive compulsive posting about other peoples problems on a Polish knitting board for relaxation. Not quite though.
>>
>>7149977
>As if it is normal to have a buzz on a daily basis.

enjoy your shit tier life where having a buzz isn't normal but staring 12+ hours into a glowing rectangle definitely is
>>
You have to weigh pros and cons

Sure today's Doctors would call that alcoholism but they'd probably also call a glass a day alcoholism.

Everyone's got "problems"
Does drinking a bottle of wine make yours better or worse ?
>>
>>7150255
Life is over in a blink of an eye. Better to be drunk while you can.
>>
>>7150240
Yeah, because everyone that doesn't drink daily stares down a glowing rectangle for 12 hours. And thats exactly why you're better off. As you can see drinking too much too often causes brain damage OP.
>>
>>7149679
>Is drinking a bottle of wine a day too much?

Two bottles a day is a realistic minimum.
>>
>>7150235
>why are you talking about this stuff
>why are you replying to me
>why are you on 4chan just like I am

Quality damage control, anon.
>>
>>7150234
Xd
>>
>people worry about this

I've been drinking a bottle of vodka a day for years, my life will not be long
>>
>>7150255
It's not neccessarily alcoholism but it's not healthy

>they'd probably also call a glass a day, alcoholism

What stupid fucking logic

Flat out wrong too
>>
>>7150963
It's that same idiot who thinks he's DEEP
>think the poor have it bad? can't fix it so let's make it worse!
>think some corporations did wrong? what's that phone you have, it's made by a CORPORATION you commie
>can't have pristine fresh food straight from the primeval forest for everyone? fuck everything let's all subsist on little debbie snack cakes and four loko, NO EXCEPTIONS
>for every animal you don't eat I'll eat three
>my uncle exercised and he died at fifty, FUCK physical activity
etc
>>
>>7150956
I did that for 2 months and became delirious by the end and had to go to the hospital.
>>
>>7149764
Underrated post
>>
According to my Intro to Wine professor in college, who was also a toxicologist at the local hospital, 2-3 glasses a day is the "sweet spot" for positive vs. negative effects I.e. combating heart disease and stroke and before it really starts to wear on your liver.

So a bottle a day is probably a little "much", but hey, drink up. I'm having a 6er of tall boys tonight.
>>
>>7149679
If you plan to be a fat fucker, then it's perfectly fine
>>
>>7149732
Depression is real maing. Go talk to a counselor. U don't gotta feel like life coming down on you all the time.
>>
File: image.png (123 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 640x1136
>>7150963
Not that guy. He's overestimating. But perhaps not by as much as many might realize. I think a lot of national & world health organizations/agencies err on the side of caution and set consumption guidlines/thresholds rather... conservatively.
>>
Depends on the size of the box.
>>
>>7149679
Whole bottle alone every day? Your liver is either fucked or gonna get fucked. Hello cirrhosis
>>
>>7151190
Dude, holding grudges about past arguments and imagining that multiple other people are the same interlocutor is kinda schiz.
>>
>>7152571
"that guy" detected

you're still mad from last time aren't you
>>
>>7152195

>box

how pleb are you?
>>
File: Black-Box-Wines.png (171 KB, 520x275) Image search: [Google]
Black-Box-Wines.png
171 KB, 520x275
>>7155753

Blackbox wine costs more than the average bottle and is 1000x better.

Expand your culinary horizons, faggot.
>>
>>7149707
but your liver regenerates itself so its ok
>>
File: 00ey7v83urvak[1].jpg (73 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
00ey7v83urvak[1].jpg
73 KB, 480x640
>>7155759
This is the only black box I drink, way better than that pleb shit
>>
>>7155753
yeah and if it doesn't have a genuine cork and say "mis et bouteille en france" and use dark green glass, it must be shit too, amiright oldfag?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.