[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do amerifats really do their grocery shopping inside a giant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: costco.jpg (164 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
costco.jpg
164 KB, 650x450
do amerifats really do their grocery shopping inside a giant warehouse?
>>
Yeah, really great deals buying in bulk.
>>
i could be wong but they look like asian people to me
>>
>>7149009

No, most grocery stores are your typical floor-tile white, pretty nice looking. Only stores like BJs look like a warehouse and they are more about buying bulk shit.
>>
family had a costco membership for a while but we never bought enough shit to justify the $50 annual membership

only thing i miss are the giant tubs of hummus and this frozen pizza brand which i can't find elsewhere.
>>
File: love4.jpg (44 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
love4.jpg
44 KB, 1000x562
>tfw you'll never have a hot dog or slice of pizza as good or as cheap as the food court at sam's and costco
>>
>>7149009
Depends on what you're getting. Perishables come from grocery stores, everything else buy in bulk. Great way to save money.
>>
File: zeldacdi__medium.jpg (87 KB, 227x337) Image search: [Google]
zeldacdi__medium.jpg
87 KB, 227x337
>>7149018
>wong
>>
>>7149084
Pizza from the Costco food court is of the lowest possible quality i have ever seen, but this is coming from a Canadian, so take it as you will.
>>
>>7149009
see
>>7149019

These types of companies are genius, and probably something you'll never understand because country's failure to capitalize in bulk.

No, they'd rather drag your dick through the dirt, forcing you to buy everything at retail price, making absurd amounts of money off of you.

You're the pleb of grocery purchases.
>>
>>7149009
Classic European worrying about what Americas doing. Why don't you go read a book or something and hop off our nuts?
>>
Yeah get up off our nizuts Europe nosey ho!
>>
File: 1278953908158.png (10 KB, 203x222) Image search: [Google]
1278953908158.png
10 KB, 203x222
>>7149096
>canadian thinks he knows pizza
how cute
>>
>>7149009
>do amerifats really do their grocery shopping inside a giant warehouse?

We've got top men trying to figure that out now
>>
>>7149009

Yeah, sure? We have Sam's Club where I'm at and it's great for buying in bulk/savings. I don't see an issue in warehouse stores as long as its kept up the same as any other.
>>
>>7149096
says the bitch nigger who's never had little Caesar's
>>
There's more than a few Costcos in England. They're fucking ace.
>>
>>7149132
We had 1 company that did this over here. It was called Smart Club.
But no, those fucks had to at some point financially mismanage a great concept.
Now the only remaining Smart Club store is one outlet near the capital.
>>
>>7149009
I read amerifats as ameriblobs
I like that one more
>>
>>7149009
That's a wholesale warehouse, most countries have those. No, it's not a supermarket.
>>
>>7149009
>do amerifats really do their grocery shopping inside a giant warehouse?

>posts picture from a retail warehouse from the second largest retail chain in the world

if your country doesnt have costco it's probably third world anyways
>>
>>7149009
Yes. Also here in Mexico in some places
>>
>>7149009
looks like a costco (US), makro, and similar establishments all over the world.

Basically huge warehouse, bulk deals, membership fees.
>>
>>7149009

I go to Restaurant Depot for supplies for my pub 3 times a week... bar snacks I buy at a wholesaler called BJ's...sysco can't send everything I need and if they can I don't want to pay for their winter delivery bullshit.
>>
>>7149009
Costcos and Sam's Clubs sell frozen, prepared, or otherwise bulk items. They often don't have fresh produce or meat.

the United States, unlike the relatively small & densely populated Europe, is large, and its rural areas are truly rural unlike many places in the Western world. These stores are often the only option for families that need cheap food because these areas don't have the capital or ability to open a fresh grocery. Even then you may have to drive upwards of an hour to get to a Walmart or Costco, meaning you'll probably be inclined to buy in bulk as to not inconvenience yourself.

In relatively urban areas there is still a phenomenon called food deserts where people do not have access to fresh or healthy groceries and end up eating McDonald's every day.
>>
>>7149009
Yeah. Why not?
Buying in bulk is always worth it
>>
>>7151086

I recently was gifted a Sam's Club card, and while I wouldn't willingly pay for a membership, their selection isn't terrible.

I'd compare about half of their food to buying Trader Joe's in bulk. The other half is the most popular items you'd find at Walmart (you'll get Jiffy peanut butter instead of TJ almond butter, but basic shit like mayo or crushed tomatoes is going to be pretty much the same).

They also have a bit of fresh produce and meat. They're entirely out of season where I'm currently living, but Sam's Club has the best deal on edible avocados right now.

I wouldn't really compare Costco/SC to Walmart. Every time I've visited people out in the middle of nowhere Walmart had pretty much monopolized the communities's grocery market, whereas I usually see Costco and Sam's Club across the street from each other in more populated areas.
>>
>>7149009
STOP STEALING OUR MILK CANADIANS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyCZTVapOnM
>>
>>7149076
>poor people unable to justify the $50 a year membership

thats why they have the $50 membership fee
>>
>>7151211

>luxury places exist so that people with money can pay a little bit more not to have to deal with poor people
>let's eat dollar hot dogs on picnic tables chained to the concrete floor while watching two dozen lanes of people checking out with their stacks of sugar water bulk family meals
>>
>>7149009
This looks exactly like the Costco I go to in Yonkers
>>
costco does something that most people don't realize. They have product buyers who insist on higher quality goods. Those fuckers have a LAB FULL OF SCIENTISTS working on the house branded toliet paper. its unreal. kirkland is one of the few brand names in the world that i blindly trust because of how serious they are about everything.

watch this and then you will understand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwJ4PXt3GM
>>
>mfw I grew up in a Mormon family of 12 and we shopped there for most of our food
Learning to shop for a single person was quite the confusing experience when I moved out.
>>
They don't have "wholesale" places in the rest of the world like Costco? You all are missing out then.
>>
costco is one of the only ways you can eat a healthy fresh diet without spending more than 400$/mo for food. by fresh i mean most of your food coming from raw ingredients. We buy 85% of our produce there, we simply could not afford to eat as clean as we do without being able to buy big things of berries, spinach and peppers for literally 40% of the cost of the local grocery stores
>>
>>7151490
We need to own a business to shop at those places here
>>
>>7149096
Why do Canadians steal milk from Americans at Costco?
>>
>>7151086
Costco Japan is different though.

Sashimi Platters and Fresh Eel.

They also have Clam Chowder in Japan's Costco.
>>
>>7149076
But a costco membership allows you to use their website where you can buy a 1 year emergency supply of food.

And buying electronics from costco is great since costco has an awesome return policy.
>>
>>7149009
Wholesale isn't just an American thing, bruh.
>>
I'm a true Chicagoan and go to different places for different things, all the walking is good for me.
>>
>Buying food from a field covered in cow shit
>>
>>7149090
thanx for noticing! xd
>>
>>7151444
I typically get Kirkland stuff because its always so high quality. Like their batteries even.
>>
>>7151551
Where do you live in chicago? Where is your favorite place to buy cheese in Chicago?
>>
>>7151655
That Sunday farmers market in Rogers Park. I live in "the jungle" not too far from it.
>>
You better not be talking shit about Costco, bitch. Costco/Sams Club is fucking A M A Z I N G. Good prices, good quality, cheap bulk purchases of staples. Costco is the place to go when you want to get a years supply of toilet paper for 20 bucks. And for those saying you can't get meat there, IDK which stores you're shopping at because mine has a massive butchery with vacuum sealed fresh and frozen primals of all shapes and sizes.

Also, when I was a kid, going to Costco was the shit because FREE SAMPLES
>>
>>7149009
I actually do wind up saving a lot in the long run when buying in bulk from places like CostCo. You just have to pick the right items. When you have a large family you really notice the price differential.
>>
>>7151682
Who sells cheese there?
>>
>>7151714
Just wander around a bit and sample stuff, sometimes there's different vendors. There's good local tofu, too
>>
>>7151684
Amazing meats on display at my Costco. I bought cut chunks to make my beef stew. So amazing
>>
>>7151740
Yeah but Rogers park is utter shit. It's practically like living in Wisconsin it's so far away. Plus all the homeless and mentally ill and the tiny ass apartments and no parking. One of the worst neighborhoods tbqh la familia
>>
>>7151773
My apartment is huge, but there's constant murders on my block. Guy got killed in the park nearby most recently.I'm stuck here for a bit, making the best of it. At least I have a Gamestop two blocks away.
>>
We have Costcos in the UK

they're fucking great
>>
>>7149192
>nizuts
>>
>>7151487
Did you leave the cult?
>>
>>7151556
I laughed at this
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.