[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite brand of soy sauce and what else do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: shoyu.jpg (382 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
shoyu.jpg
382 KB, 800x533
What is your favorite brand of soy sauce and what else do you put it on that isn't Asian food?
>>
Kikkomon, nothing
>>
>>7148910
i have a friend eats cold peas and soy sauce kinda like cereal. just alot less soy sauce then youd use milk obviously
>>
File: 71uS1dGWUBL._SL1500_.jpg (109 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71uS1dGWUBL._SL1500_.jpg
109 KB, 1500x1500
>>
>>7148910
light soy sauce, kikkoman
>>
My favorite food is rice, butter, and soy sauce. It's damn great
>>
Mongolian sauce outta it
>>
la choy and i marinade meat with it sometimes
>>
I use Soy sauce when making tuna salad. I stole it from Jimmy Johns.
Their tuna salad is: Chicken of the sea, squeezed, celery and onions, left overnight in the cooler to drain. After that mixed with soy sauce and mayo (also less than the official recipe called for) and wa la, pretty simple and tasty. I personally add curry powder too.

I find using soy sauce in place of salt in savory dishes, when it wont overpower the main ingredient is great. Like replace salt with soy sauce in a heavy stew or rice and beans but not on fish. No favorite brand as I haven't delved into seasoned or sweet soy sauces.
>>
>>7148910
All I know is kikkoman
I put it on scrambled eggs and in balsamic vinegarette. I buy soy sauce by the gallon and that usually lasts me a little over a year
>>
>>7148910
Pearl River Bridge
I sometimes mix it in drippings and steak sauces.
>>
A neat trick for a better flavor in homemade beef stock is to use soysauce instead of salt
>>
The one with the lowest salt content I can find. Generally Kikkoman.
I use it in chicken sandwiches.
>>
File: 31UbCOECmBL.jpg (14 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
31UbCOECmBL.jpg
14 KB, 320x320
This is by far the best soy sauce mankind has ever seen. I am certain that it will be used by future generations and put our species on the galactic map. Once alien civilizations discover this, the galaxy will unite and humans will be seen as gods.
>>
>>7149227
This plus an egg. Shit's amazing
>>
Fish sauce is superior.
>>
Soy sauce and garlic marinated fried chicken

thank you korea
>>
File: open-uri20150711-3-ow866b.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
open-uri20150711-3-ow866b.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>lol I'm that faggot
>>
>>7148910
Why does Kikkoman in America and Kikkoman in Japan taste differently? I've been getting Hamasa lately
>>
>>7149584
because corn starch != soy source
>>
>>7149367
this
Kinda underrated but I cannot find any better in Europe for cooking anything Asian.
>>
>>7149584

Were you not aware that major international brands reformulate their products to appeal to regional markets?
>>
Daily reminder that soy sauce and vanilla extract look the same, and switching them is a great prank.
>>
>>7148910
i dunno if its asian food, but i liquify an onion with soy sauce, olive oil and some lemon juice. i use it to marinate poultry or pork.
>>
>>7149073
WEEBS out
>>
I baste my turkey with sherry/soy sauce. Fight me.
>>
>>7151915
you shouldn't baste your turkey with sheery/soy sauce the alcohol and salt will dry out your turkey
>>
>>7148910
Yamasa, but that's hard to find so Kikkoman. There's one version of Kikkoman that's from Japan in some purple wrapper that I really like best of all, but fuck all it's hard to find in New York. I know a couple places that have it but I'm not often around those.

So generally just standard Kikkoman because that's what's most often available.
>>
>>7149571
I like this too. I think it reminds me of the Filipino toyo my mother used to use when I was a kid. Doesn't taste so salty either.
>>
>>7148910
Yamasa but notable mention to Pearl River Bridge.

>>7151935
Kikkoman is pretty bad though... There really isn't a flavor unless it's stir fried.
>>
>>7151944
Funny thing is, I got turned onto Yamasa from a Korean restaurant. I do like that one, just getting it in the USA is a pain in the neck sometimes.
>>
Soy sauce + Worchestershire sauce + Black pepper = the marinade for beef jerky I've ever tasted
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.