[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are rainbow carrots just a meme or do they actually taste better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: img_0346.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
img_0346.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
are rainbow carrots just a meme or do they actually taste better? also what can i make with them. whenever i have carrots i always just end up having to eat them raw because i can never think of any other uses for them
>>
also
>inb4 some dildo related joke
>>
They taste like Skittels
>>
I think its just for femboys who like to have their carrots match their panties.
>>
They can be a tiny bit more bitter than regular.

Other than that, no real difference. I just use them as part of the standard mirepoix.
>>
>>7147284
Carrots are mostly only orange because the Dutch bred them that way. I am guessing the darker ones have more nutrients.
>>
Practically there are no differences. I get them at times to add different color to a meal. It helps when you are eating the same dish for the nth time in a week/month.
>>
In terms of vitamins yes. In terms of flavour not so much.
>>
bumping for good carrot recipes or recipes that use carrots
>>
Eat only the meat of the Carrot, OP.
>>
>>7147284
Maybe different phytonutrients in the purple ones.

They taste just the same as regular carrots though, I like to buy them because the color variations are fun.
>>
>>7147869
>I like to buy them because the color variations are fun.
yeah same here. that's the main reason why i got them
>>
>>7147869
>>7147914
ye, i love the shit outta carrots so rainbow colors make it more fun
>>
>>7148411

i mean.. can you think of any other way to make carrots more fun?

i definitely can't. OP, maybe you should pickle them?
>>
Roast them. Season with cinnamon, brown sugar, and a bit of honey. Oven at 350 degrees for however long it takes to cook them. 10/10 sweet and different.
>>
>>7147284
not sure about rainbow carrots but you should boil carrots in carbonated mineralwater with syrup,salt,butter and thyme (or something along those lines) until all you have left is glazed carrots
>>
>>7148822
>>7148804
these sound good thanks!
>>
>>7149025
i have to warn you though, i feel like i either forgot or added something to the recipe.
also those are pretty god damn sweet so pair them up wisely.
i am talking about this, >>7148804
>>
they're called heirloom carrots, you shutin
>>
>>7147389
Why are you eating this way? Please dont say its part of some torterous rettictive diet. Live your life man.
>>
>>7147388
Not necessarily more, just different, the orange indicates the presence of beta-carotene.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.