[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Str8 hood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1448812817019.jpg (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448812817019.jpg
29 KB, 480x480
Post recipes,photos and meals from the h00d.
>>
Chicken Newkirk Fitzgerald:

1 cup koolaid
2 ounces 40
2 churches bisquits
15 newport cigarettes
boil all of this in a crack spoon
>>
No. I really want to know recipes created from poverty in the hood. I worded it stupidly but hey. Can't I be curious about it?
>>
Mayo sarnies
Sugar water
Clay
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 713x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 713x720
All the chicken
All the pig's feet
All the collard greens
All the hog maws
Some of them chitlins
Also, cereal with water
>>
>>7146949
>crack spoon
It's cute when people who don't know about drugs try to talk about drugs.
Anyway, what about prison food? There's that thing they do where they cook ramen in a plastic grocery bag with a bag of hot cheeto's crushed up mixed in and sometimes other random stuff.
>>
>>7147163
>don't know about drugs

dude i smoked like twelve beers today u don't know shit
>>
>>7146933
>>7146980

Most people in ghetto communities eat utter trash in terms of food. Just whatever cheap prepackaged food they can get from the store and fast food. That's why obesity is so prevalent.

If you want to learn about southern black cooking you could try looking up soul food recipes. Which I think is more in line with what you're really looking for.
>>
>>7147163
We had a kid at school who was a marijuana addict.
I think he died from an OD.
>>
>>7147228
I knew a girl in high school who went to rehab for marijuana. Also, I randomly mentioned something about aneurysms around her, and she said "Oh, my dad died from an aneurysm!". She was oddly casual about it.

/blog
>>
>>7147163
spoon can be slang for pipe
>>
>>7147163
>Tries to put down someone about drugs
>Ask about prison food seen in a vice video
>>
>>7147159
Ah cereal plus water, I'm too white to know this feel but I have had the hood rat version with beer
>>
>>7148710

Actually I'm fairly sympathetic to the lack of food options available in ghetto communities. But I think the OP is looking for more stuff like innovation in cooking provided by American blacks, in which case he should look up soul food recipes.
>>
>>7148710
>Never seen the majority of an inner-city populace
>>
>sugar in your red beans
>sugar+ cheese on oatmeal
>sugar+cheese in grits
>butter sandwiches
>dry ramen eaten out the bag
>fried pork chops
>fried catfish
>fried chicken
>cornbread
>sugar on your eggs
>sugar in your red sauce over ramen noodles
>eating oranges and lemons with the rind on because you're a fucking nutritionally deprived animal who jumps at fresh produce like its from the hand of god hisself
>any plate you can get for $1.79 in sticky nickles at the brothers
>king cobra and fried chicken livers best option but usually give you the runs the next day

my mom could actually sort of cook so we had stuff like etouffe and beans and rice that didnt come out of a can, and she was too prideful for food stamps, so we grew up eating more fresh ingredients than the kids whose mama had no problem dropping $7 on an 11oz box of lucky charms from the liquor store. i spent enough time in their homes though to tell you that most hood food is just something out of a box or can with sugar poured over it.
>>
>>7150275
Yeah. Growing up in the hood it was either liquor store or "questionable" meat from the grocery store. But yeah, fried anything was always a sure bet. I remember eating a lot of white rice with sugar and butter for breakfast when I got food.

My mom would always make me cook and she liked round steak a lot. Me and my siblings weren't allowed to eat some days but she'd bring home a fuckin' steak and make me cook it. She also sold her food stamps to other members of her church instead of getting food. Once in a while her boyfriends would give us pizza. Soon I started stealing food stamps from my mom so I could sneak off and get my siblings food. My younger sister then convinced my other siblings I was poisoning them and the only way to counteract the poison was by drenching everything I made in ketchup. They even put ketchup in some tea I made once.

Oh and to deep fry things, I'd use a detached wire hanger and a metal strainer.
>>
>>7148710
They mostly eat packaged food and fast food. It's not a joke. You're confusing this with soul food for some reason.
>>
File: chicken shop murder.jpg (82 KB, 634x427) Image search: [Google]
chicken shop murder.jpg
82 KB, 634x427
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.