[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can i make oatmeal taste good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1447159005365.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1447159005365.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
How can i make oatmeal taste good?
>>
Sugar
>>
Just make oatmeal raisin cookies
>>
use milk, not water. add peanut butter.
>>
Just add a banana
>>
Thread is right on, oatmeal is great when you add shit to it or cook it in a flavorful liquid: fruit, milk, molasses, honey, spices, even other grains, etc. - the sky's the limit.

Texture is important too, and that depends on what kind of oatmeal you use and how much liquid is present, you can even toast your dry oats (in a hot skillet with a little bit of butter) before cooking to add a little more bite.
>>
>>7144720
Note the original color
Add brown sugar until it reaches a dark-brown coloration
Then add butter until it returns to the original coloration
>>
>>7144720
I've started making over night oats recently.
Fucking tasty.
Equal parts oats/milk/yogurt. Salt, cinnamon, honey to taste.
>>
>>7144720
Stop having pleb taste. Or add sliced fruit and honey or sugar.
>>
>>7144720
Vanilla's good
>>
>>7144720
Butter, honey, cinnamon.

>>7144728
>use milk, not water

People make porridge with water? Shaking my head.
>>
Like >>7144728
said, adding just the right amount of peanut butter makes oatmeal delicious. Too much, and it becomes a disgusting sticky mess that you have to force yourself to eat. If you like raisins or berries add some of those as well, or if you want to be a fat fuck mix in some jam.
>>
>>7144830
I've known people who have cereal with water. I don't get it either.

OP you need to either embrace the oatyness or add stuff.

I recomment chopped dates and something fresh and sharp (usually some sort of berry) and top it off with some cinnamon or nutmeg.

Can't really ever go wrong.
>>
>>7144725
>raisin
>>
walnuts, salt, and maple syrup
>>
File: toOWQ5k.jpg (99 KB, 562x1000) Image search: [Google]
toOWQ5k.jpg
99 KB, 562x1000
salt.
>>
cook with
milk
a pinch of salt
off the heat, stir in
brown sugar
maple syrup
a teaspoon of vanilla extract
fresh fruit
>>
>>7144856
Nature's candy
>>
>>7144861
The arm looks Mexican, but the mac and cheese tells me white.
>>
>>7144720
That implies that oatmeal doesn't already taste good, which is false. Get better tastebuds senpai
>>
File: steelcutoats-nacho-oats.jpg (235 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
steelcutoats-nacho-oats.jpg
235 KB, 600x450
Make a savory dish with it.

In a world with barley soup, bulgur wheat tabbouli salad, and sausage and cheese grits, why do people still insist on eating sugary oats or just boiling it in water and eating it like a 19th century orphan?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.