[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a free pass to go to Wegmans (a high-end grocery store
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
So I have a free pass to go to Wegmans (a high-end grocery store for you europeans) later, can anyone recommend an interesting/out of the ordinary recipe I could try for dinner? I made shrimp with pasta last night, so maybe something more land based. Possibly beef.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>7143173

Why the fuck would you need a pass to go to a grocery store?
>>
>>7143173
Prime rib roast.
>>
>>7143183
Could have worded it better, free pass as in I don't have to pay for the food.
>>
make beef wellington!
>>
>>7143223
I've always wanted to try beef wellington so it's for sure on the table, I'm not the biggest fan of pate though.
>>
File: 0149 - WYr3lct.png (29 KB, 310x326) Image search: [Google]
0149 - WYr3lct.png
29 KB, 310x326
>Wegman's
>high-end

lolwut? what kinda shithole do you live in where you need a pass to go to Wegmans?! Within a 5 minute drive from my house there's literally 3, none of which have a membership requirement
>>
>>7143194
How much can you buy?
>>
Buy some Jaffa Cakes and some Melon Ramune
>>
>>7144857
someone didnt read the the 6 posts above him.

just get anything you need for your day to day cooking that you couldnt afford op
>>
> wegmans
> high end

Kek
>>
>>7143194
>Could have worded it better, free pass as in I don't have to pay for the food.
Stock up on delicious imported cheeses (ball of gouda, wheel of brie, and some wax wraped whole cheddars even if Cabot, a good chunk of asiago, parm reggiano, an assortment of preserved herbed salami, then head over to the bakery and get a pie or something heavier like a rum soaked cake you can eat off for a while, premium bread, some artisan crusty one with tons of nuts in it, and then you go over to the meat department and get a prime rib roast, rump roast, whole filet, or a frozen turkey breast or two (or maybe a holiday spiral ham). Next you head over the nuts aisle and get a lifetime supply of pistachios, walnuts, cashews, "for your baking plans, ie card playin night!). Canned olives, olive oil, balsamic reduction, cans of corned beef hash (for your emergency needs), Might need some british cookies, chocolate by the lb bags. Fish dept? Okay, get some mahi filets, and some stone crab claws. Might need some beef jerky too, cause it's pricey mode. Chips? Make sure they're Terra chips.
I'd suggest some wine, and some gelato or whatever ice cream looks expensive. wine? beer? Should get something that'll go lovely with your turkey! Try some champagne for new years eve.
>>
File: 1345488031671.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1345488031671.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>wegmans
>high end
>>
>>7147844
You realize it's much more likely that someone is paying for the ingredients to just one meal, it's probably not a buy literally every item you could possibly ever need scenario.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.