[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi /ck/ i'm new here so please point me to the right board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Generic_SpiritBottle.png (79 KB, 140x303) Image search: [Google]
Generic_SpiritBottle.png
79 KB, 140x303
hi /ck/ i'm new here so please point me to the right board if this thread is inappropriate
I'm thinking about buying the Jack Daniels Single Barrel whiskey for my dad for Christmas. does anyone have any experience with this drink and can recommend it, or recommend me something /better/?
>>
>>7142591
Answer these three questions.
1. What's your budget
2. How much do you love your dad.
3. Would you be willing to prostitute yourself to make more money if the selection is out of your budget limit.
>>
>>7142600
up to 150
a considerable amount
no
i'm looking more for bourbons or american whiskeys, and he doesn't like jim beam.
>>
>>7142604
What state do you live in, and do the grocery stores/pharmacies sell liquor?

Price varies by location and restrictiveness of the local alcohol control board.
>>
>>7142654
nsw
no, most alcohol is sold in standalone (or annexed) store rather than made available as a section within a grocery store
>>
I don't know that Jack Daniela Small Batch, but I do recommend checking out E.H. Taylor Small Batch by Buffalo Trace. They're definitely my favorite bourbon maker and the bottle the Small Batch comes in his really cool, and of course it's damn fine bourbon.

Don't be suckered into paying a lot for Whiskey BTW, American Whiskey is still a very young product. You pay a lot of money for imported spirits because those distilleries are either around for generations or are just fucking amazing like the Whiskys Japan produces.
>>
>>7142591
Its not a popular opinion of /ck/ to like Jack Daniels. Perhaps rightly so. For the price you pay, you can typically get something better. I have tried Old No 7 and Gentleman Jack. Id be fairly happy to drink either - there isnt anything wrong with them, but they arent that good value for money.

However, I have also tried Single Barrel on two occasions. Once in a cocktail and once on its own. For me it was the best JD ive tried. I really enjoyed it and Id probably be happy to pay the price without feeling ripped off. I'd be pretty happy to get it as a gift.
>>
>>7142695
this
the only reason whiskey should be expensive is the sheer time it took to make it........single malts that are put away for decades are worth it..................bourbon is not
>>
>>7142749

Liking anything is not an opinion. It's a fact if you like something.
>>
>>7142755
How it tastes is irrelevant?
>>
>>7142591
Fuck the haters, OP, they don't know what they're talking about.

That single barrel is absolutely delicious, and if your old man likes whiskey, he'll love it.
>>
>>7142665
>NSW
Oh fuck, you're an Ausfag, their liquor prices are fuuuuuuucked compared to the United States.

>>7142695
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_870244/e-h-taylor-small-batch-bourbon-whiskey-750ml

OP, if you want my recommendation for $150 to spend, I'd buy two iconic bourbons.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_383119/eagle-rare-single-barrel-bourbon-700ml

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_362684/blanton-s-single-barrel-original-private-reserve-kentucky-straight-bourbon-700ml
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.