[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your hangover cure, /ck//?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 18
File: BBQPorkSandwichWS.jpg (1016 KB, 3220x2565) Image search: [Google]
BBQPorkSandwichWS.jpg
1016 KB, 3220x2565
What's your hangover cure, /ck//?
>>
water
>>
medical standpoint: Avocado, lemon water, electrolyte solution

hungry standpoint: the most calorie dense tex-mex that includes beans I can find
>>
Any kind of soda, preferably Sprite or ginger ale. I really only drink soda if i'm hungover.

Ramen... sometimes just a bit of the seasoning in hot water as broth. Real soup if i have it on hand.

Bagels.

Breakfast foods... bacon, egg, sausage, prepared any way. Eggs Benedict is perfection, though.
>>
>>7141788
beer
>>
sweet tea and some sort of breakfast skillet. I like tomatoes, beans, peppers and all sorts of mexican shit
>>
Greasiest shit I can get my hands on. If I can make it to McD's or Sheetz I'm good, if not I have eggs sitting around.
>>
Watching horrible shows on netflix until I stop feeling like I'm dying. Also water. Takes a few days. The fear
>>
>>7141846
Shit genetics eh? I know some people who get absolutely fucked for the next few days after a alcohol binge.
>>
>>7141852
I drink about 2 liters of whiskey a night when I'm on a binge. I continue for 3 or 4 days until I can't hold it down anymore.

I used to be able to drink every single day. I think my organs are fucked, honestly. I don't get a headache or traditional hangover symptoms. I just can't consume anything and I'm overwhelmed by anxiety.
>>
>>7141788
Burgers. Extra cheese and sauce
>>
>>7141788
Gatorade and whatever potato based snacks I have.
>>
Depends on the kind of hangover. Nausea-heavy hangover is way different than a pounding headache one.

>>7141844
>sheetz

Hnnnggg (but try Getgo if you have one around)
>>
>>7141788
Can of coke and a peanut butter and apricot jam sandwich.
>>
Chug a litre of water before bed, chug more when you get up to piss in the middle of the night, chug more when you wake up, smoke a bowl and have a greasy breakfast. Soft basted eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and an OJ shandy for preference.
>>
Activated almonds
>>
Fisherman's eggs.
>>
File: crudo-menudo.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
crudo-menudo.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>7141788
Make way for the master race cure
>>
bamp,just cause i'm drunk
>>
>>7141872
Time to stop, bro.
I used to be like you, not being able to eat without being sick and having overwhelming anxiety to the point that my doctor put me on anxiety meds because I was freaking out all the time.
Last year, I decided to stop drinking (which was fucking hard, no doubt about it), but it was the best thing I've ever done for myself. My anxiety is pretty much completely gone (except in cases where anxiety is normal, like very stressful situations.) I feel like my brain has fucking reloaded, I can think and act with precision, I obviously make better decisions, and GODDAMN HAVE I SAVED SO MUCH MONEY. It's truly amazing the amount of money you save when you quit your addictions. Unfucking believable.
>>
>>7142080
Are you able to drink one or drinks (for example, in a social occasion) or you're completely dry?
>>
>>7142115
*one or two drinks
>>
>>7141788
A large bottle of alkaline water. Don't know if it does much, but definitely helps with heartburn.
>>
>>7141937
Ufffff ese pinche menudo! Cures all hangovers!!
>>
>>7141937
Is that some beef tripe? That stuff is tasty assuming you're not squeamish about the origins of your food.
>>
gatorade
eggs
sausage gravy
potatoes
more shitty beer
>>
>>7141788
Pedialite

>>7141844
>>7141884
Pennsylvanians detected
>>
>>7141788
throwing up repeatedly, drinking a ton of water and taking panadol
>>
The best hangover cure is crippling alcoholism. I stopped getting hangovers years ago. Now I just wake up every afternoon not quite sure whether I feel AMAZING or shitty.
>>
>>7142306
Is it safe to assume that you don't get hangovers because you've always still sloshed?
>>
>>7141805
Suffering
>>
More vodka
>>
Simple scrambled eggs cooked in butter. Some black pepper on top and a cup of coffee.
>>
File: itsaboutthejourney.jpg (111 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
itsaboutthejourney.jpg
111 KB, 650x650
buttholes
>>
>>7142306
no drunkard will enter heaven, why should you die? repent and be saved.
>>
>>7141788
cocaine.
>>
File: l.jpg (48 KB, 535x400) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
48 KB, 535x400
orange chicken & fried rice
>>
i've got special fried rice coming from my local chinese to kill the hangover

that and irn bru normally fixes things
>>
>>7143416
Lead on
>>
There is no cure for a hangover, you thick headed pussy farts
>>
>>7143564
is too
>>
>>7142115
Well, I know this response is too late, but I'll reply anyway.
Nope, completely dry. It's the only way you can quit if you were an alcoholic like I was. One drink is just a lead in to a three day binge. At least, it was for me. I tried quitting in the past and then thought "oh, I can have A beer or glass of wine socially" NOPE. In two days, I'd be drinking a fifth of bourbon or vodka. Gotta go dry.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkdYC8L4Fn0
>>
File: 71ZNh8n8XoL._SL1184_.jpg (173 KB, 773x1184) Image search: [Google]
71ZNh8n8XoL._SL1184_.jpg
173 KB, 773x1184
Pic related, some ibuprofen and water.
>>
I don't drink
>>
a nice wank
>>
I usually rub one out and then take a luke warm shower. Then a PB&J with 75% pb and 25% Welch's grape jelly, along with a Diet Pepsi and Ibuprofen.
>>
I don't get hang overs ever and I am a fairly heavy drinker
sometimes my bones hurt the morning after but that's it
>>
>>7144598
that's a placebo

also you know you can just take vitamin c chewables or pills?
>>
>CTRL-F doner
>CTRL-F kebab
>0 results
You people really don't know what you're missing. Best drunk AND hangover food ever.
>>
>>7141788
more alcohol
>>
>>7141788
Medium sized line of coke to wake up. A warm can of beer and a cigarette followed by a large line of ketamine.
>>
Bacon cheeseburger, fries and a large coke from one of those hole in the wall burger places.
Incredible
>>
>>7141788
besides water, I usually eat like 3 fried eggs and 2 bowls of ramen noodles
>>
File: ba1.gif (127 KB, 473x235) Image search: [Google]
ba1.gif
127 KB, 473x235
Weird, thinking about it I've actually never been hungover. It's not like I don't drink either.
>>
for some reason i never get hangovers just a headache when im still drunk

but if i do end up feeling like shit the morning after a dab and a big greasy breakfast makes it go away completely
>>
>>7141937
This shit is the best for wiping a hangover. Bowl of menudo and a cold beer is hangover killer
>>
the only sure sign you're out of the woods is an out of bed bowel movement.
>>
I used to get Denny's after a bout of drinking and puking was pretty good on an empty stomach.Usually got something like their Lumberjack special.
>>
File: 1427076916038.jpg (46 KB, 324x322) Image search: [Google]
1427076916038.jpg
46 KB, 324x322
Vomit, lie on my stomach for 3 hours listening to podcasts, eat breakfast, vomit again, buy more booze then bed.
>>
>>7141805
came here to post this famm
>>
exercise releases endorphins, and i swear sweating helps you feel better

otherwise i just drink some more beers
>>
One can of campbell's tomoato soup, one can milk (not water, fuck you directions). Heat up and drink with a straw while the headache fades.
>>
>>7148186
Sad
>>
>>7141788
Pound water. Eat everything in sight. Nap. Water. Eat again. Repeat.

Drinking again turns into more and more drinking and then you're on a bender and looking forward to withdrawals
>>
File: döner mit pommes.jpg (3 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
döner mit pommes.jpg
3 MB, 3872x2592
When I lived in Germany.
>>
File: pho.jpg (171 KB, 550x365) Image search: [Google]
pho.jpg
171 KB, 550x365
and weed
>>
>>7148441
>tfw get so sick from withdrawals you cant eat
>tfw lost count of how many days youve been straight drunk
>tfw admitted to alcoholic mother you have a problem with drinking
>tfw found out she relapse again and is drinking and using
Sorry lads needed to vent somewhere
>>
>>7148477

My melanin-rich gentleman.
>>
>>7148505
every time you want a drink slap yourself in the face and take a walk outside
>>
File: 3370796155.jpg (199 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
3370796155.jpg
199 KB, 1200x900
Sausage + egg mcmuffin
hashbrown
coffee
codeine
>>
Whatever fox I can catch and screaming
>>
>1 liter bag of 0.9% NS
>I.V. acetaminophen; 1gm in 100mL
>Once fluids have been administered go directly to get pho
>When done with pho, take 600mg of ibuprofen
>2 shots of whatever you drank last night
>Go take a really warm shower
>When it gets too hot turn it off and immediately run bare ass naked outside until you begin to shiver
>Go back inside and put on some pajamas
>Cozy up with about 3 blankets
>Turn on some white noise; rain or cracking fire log
>Take a nap for a few hours

You'll wake up like you were never hungover in the first place.
>>
>>7141788
Bacon egg and cheese anything
or just bacon
nerds saying water having had a really bad hangover or are idiots and suffer longer
if you get the shakes you need salts as well
>>
>>7145692
THIS. Döner is the best.

>>7148739
>shitload acetaminophen after drinking alcohol, >then drinking some more alcohol after that
>dat liver toxicity / taking a few days to die
Do you have a recipe for making really cool crystals that involves mixing ammonia and bleach too?
>>
There is no such thing as a hangover cure.
>>
time and solitude
>>
>>7148776
This is true. Prevention is the only answer.

>my head hurts when i hit it with a brick
>WHAT IS CURE?!
>>
>>7148477
Most definitely this. Pho is magical
>>
>>7148117
Same, brother.
27 here, I have yet to encounter a hangover. I've had mild headaches after a night of intensive drinking but nothing to merit the amount of bitching people seem to do when they get a hangover. This includes nights where I've drank so much I puked.
>>
spics have the best hungover cures.

Had a lemon and chicken soup in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, it was magical.
>>
>>7148739
>acetaminophen when hungover

So a one way ticket to hurl city? Also nobody got time for this, some people work.
>>
>>7141844
>sheetz
>not wawa

weeeeeeeeeeeew lad
>>
File: justachillnightin.jpg (4 KB, 364x138) Image search: [Google]
justachillnightin.jpg
4 KB, 364x138
>>7148805
heroin
>>
>>7144598
Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Advil, etc. is simply not healthy for a hangover
>>
>>7148894
>>7148117
Oh my sweet children, what a difference even a year makes.

I pray you are not the type that "raged" until your late twenties, for if you are, you are almost surely lost.
>>
>>7141788
The thumbnail makes that look like a Krabby Patty with cheese, toenail clippings and nosehair, which is funny cause I could imagine something that outlandish really being considered a cure somewhere.
>>
>>7148805
>>7148776
Well duh. This is more of a hangover treatment thread, i.e. things to make you feel less groggy and ease the headache.
>>
>>7141788
last night i got really drunk off brandy, and woke up at around 3:00. I went downstairs to get a bottle of water from the vending machine and, once the elevator reached the ground floor and I tried walking out, I completely lost my vision for maybe a minute or two. I waited it out and it came back, but in the meantime I was completely blind. Is this a normal hangover related symptom or do I have brain cancer or what?
>>
a shower, work, and a laugh, honestly. doesn't cure it as much as it makes me forget it.
>>
>>7148477
pho-shizzle
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 561x391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 561x391
Omg loco moco! And coconut water (get the real shit not the kind with added sugar) and a nap of course.
>>
>>7148505
you should seek some help, bro.
you cant do this alone.
see a therapist and join a support group
get away from people who use/drink
pick up new hobbies
>>
>>7141788
>putting cheese on a fucking bbq pulled pork sandwich
kill yourself
>>
>>7141788
death
>>
>>7149044
>lost my vision for maybe a minute or two
How did you react?
>>
non-alcoholic beer and exercise
not even joking
>>
This works, failing that, a bottle of irn-bru and a pack of monster munch
>>
As a student Wetherspoons full english for around £4 was a life saver
>>
>>7149527
>>7149533
rather have the wetherspoons, m8
>>
File: PizzaTwins.jpg (17 KB, 300x195) Image search: [Google]
PizzaTwins.jpg
17 KB, 300x195
>>7149525
fit pls go
>>
>>7149527
>>7149533

Fucking bongs posting their plates full of slop at every opportunity like it's god's gift to man, or just the one thing they're least embarrassed about eating.

Same thing with continentals acting like kebabs are something only sold in their little countries, thinking it's the most amazing thing ever.

The endless stream of American fast food might be bad, but at least there's a tiny bit of variety.
>>
File: 26_32dd779e0248f88b.jpg (35 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
26_32dd779e0248f88b.jpg
35 KB, 800x530
>>7141788
The biggest fucking kebab I can get my hands on.
>>
>>7150327
That's what your mom says when she visits the middle east
>>
File: img_5573.jpg (87 KB, 600x349) Image search: [Google]
img_5573.jpg
87 KB, 600x349
love me a good fry like but am usually too lazy to make a breakfast so just settle for something like pic related

desu I don't get real hangovers that often so usually don't bother with anything. a good long walk sorts me out
>>
>>7149537
He may be onto something.

Beer, normal beer has a lot of electrolytes. I'm sure the non alcoholic kind is no different.
>>
File: 1448099322656.jpg (122 KB, 357x433) Image search: [Google]
1448099322656.jpg
122 KB, 357x433
>>7149557
>>
>>7141788
Country Fried steak breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I'll have OJ, and coffee with it. Then it's nothing but water until the hangover is just a bad memory.
>>
pedialyte

that elixir is fucking magical
>>
A fat joint, Gatorade, depends if I have work or not on Monday then I'll drink bottomless Mimosas/bloody Mary's

If I have work then the greasiest and biggest breakfast I can get my hands on!
>>
>>7144636
I am always freakishly horny when hungover.... It's kinda insane. I could go 8-10 times a day if I wanted to, but I resist. I have no idea what it is, but my libido goes through the fucking roof when I'm solidly hungover.

To answer the original question posed by OP.... I generally go for something simple like bread and butter with cheese melted on it and maybe some eggs. If I'm feeling wickedly hungover I drag my ass into my car and go to Arby's or Wendys since they are within a couple minutes of me. At Arby's I get the philly cheesesteak thing and some curly fries and at Wendy's I'll get a Spicy chicken sandwich, a jr bacon cheeseburger, and a large fry.

If I'm feeling adventurous I'll drive another 15 mins or so to Zaxby's and get a large chicken finger plate or Panda Express and get a 2 entree meal with fried rice, orange chicken, and the shanghai angus steak.

But tbqhfds I usually try and eat something at home so I don't consumer 2000-3000 calories from fast food.
>>
>>7150992
it's a "stress" hormone called cortisol. makes you anxious but also increases libido.
>>
a can of light chicken noodle soup with a table spoon of olive oil and coconut oil

and 600ml of water
>>
>>7151150
Interesting, I'll have to look it up. Thank ya kindly.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.