[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a whole lasagna too much to try to refrigerate? I already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: screenshot.jpg (654 KB, 1326x995) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
654 KB, 1326x995
Is a whole lasagna too much to try to refrigerate? I already left it on the counter for an hour, and it's still quite warm, and I wonder how long it's going to take to cool down completely in the fridge.

I usually don't worry much because I always make vegetable lasagnas, but I tried a meat one this time and I didn't really think ahead.
>>
>>7138495
Nah, you're good. Stick that mofo in the refrigerator.

By the way, if that's the lasagna you're talking about, it looks delicious.
>>
>>7138495
It'll be fine on the counter for probably another hour or two, then stick it in the fridge when it cools down some more.
>>
>>7138495
you'll be fine. the meat is cooked. no dangerous bugs. don't put it in the fridge to cool it down, because that's gonna break your fridge. let it cool down in the oven.
>>
>>7138510
>It'll be fine on the counter for probably another hour or two
more like for a full night
>>
>>7138510
>>7138511

Propaganda and old wive's tales. You can absolutely stick a hot dish in the refrigerator.
>>
>>7138515
It steams and condensates on the lid. Then it's all soggy when you reheat it.
>>
>>7138515
That's a big dish
>>
File: 1382984739857.jpg (67 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
1382984739857.jpg
67 KB, 500x509
>>7139816
did you bump this thread just to bane post
>>
>ground beef
>>
>>7139848
[spoiler]it was Italian sausage[/spoiler]
>>
>>7138495
when i make rigatoni i put it in the fridge over night before i top with cheese and put it in the oven. the sauce soaks in the noodles so much i started making extra to add when i bake it.
>>
>>7139816
For you.
>>
>>7139864
Who the hell puts noodles in rigatoni????
>>
>>7138515
The reason you shouldn't put a hot dish in the fridge is because it heats up the food around it.
>>
Just put it in a cold water bath dummy.
>>
File: rigtoni.jpg (14 KB, 315x160) Image search: [Google]
rigtoni.jpg
14 KB, 315x160
>>7139887
>>
>>7139924
Pull the core out of the reactor.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.