[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/health/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 33
File: 2006_sardines_can_open.jpg (195 KB, 1803x1075) Image search: [Google]
2006_sardines_can_open.jpg
195 KB, 1803x1075
How are you staying healthy, /ck/? It really isn't that hard, is cheaper and makes everything 100x better.
>1-2 servings of fruit per day
>As many non-starchy vegetables as you like, especially kale, broccoli, onions and garlic
>plenty of black pepper, cumin and tumeric on everything
>Oats, quinoa, bulgur, potatoes for carbs
>Lean meats and dairy for protein
>Red/fatty meat, full fat dairy and eggs in moderation for micro nutrients and animal fats
>Nuts, dark chocolate, avocado, olives etc for fats
>fatty fish, look out for mercury

Pic related. One of the healthiest, cheapest foods around, you should eat four of these bad boys a week
>>
fuck off
>>
File: 2eT6qIJ.png (672 KB, 559x1291) Image search: [Google]
2eT6qIJ.png
672 KB, 559x1291
Smoothies. It's a good way for your body to absorb green veggies.
>>
>>7137859
>garlic and apple
>blended together
>>
>>7137859
>nutrient blast
>celery, cucumber
>>
>cheaper
>>
>>7137477
I throw up after most meals.
>>
I eat fish once a week, red meat only once a month, lots of vegetables and fruits. I only drink water and tea. Avoid processed foods. I let myself have a cheat day twice a month.
>>
i eat a lot of pasta and bread but balance it out by never eating fried and dessert shit. seem to be pretty healthy besides being a hungery skeleton.
>>
>>7137477
>for animal fats
gr8 b8. animal fat is bad for you senpai
>>
>>7137859
>not just eating raw veggies

>>7137942
True, but fatty meat and dairy has some fat soluble vitamins, if the 'worst' part of your diet is some full fat yogurt at breakfast or a good, grass fed steak 2x a week you're fine
>>
It's actually good to avoid potatoes OP, they're not healthy in the least. Sweet potatoes are fine though and have plenty of health benefits.
>>
>>7140356
Potatoes are demonized because they're white and retards group them with refined carbs. Sure, sweet potatoes, oats, brown rice etc are much better carb sources, but a potato roasted in the oven is not unhealthy and does provide some decent micronutrients
>>
>>7140522
I don't think potatoes should be a part of your regular diet, but are fine every once in a while. There's just better ways to get the nutrients you can get from a potato.
>>
Been slowly switching to a mostly vegetarian diet. It's so much cheaper and easier to make stuff that's 1000+ calories while hitting all my macros without meat. I've been drinking less too which is nice.
>>
>>7140529
Agreed

>>7140538
I guess if you're getting all your aminos and getting enough B12 you're golden. I fucking love meat though, and it's good for you in the right amounts prepared properly
>>
>>7140571
Oh definitely. I just made some spaghetti with turkey meatballs because ground turkey was on sale. This is half health half cost decision. I love meat as well, but I was just eating way too much of it
>>
I eat "vegetarian" on some days because meat makes me feel "heavy" at times.
>>
File: IMG_6408.jpg (75 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6408.jpg
75 KB, 640x427
What do you guys eat for breakfast?
Oatmeal is GOAT but I'd like more protein. I beat an egg in as it cooks and it's actually real good, but its still only 6g of protein
>>
>buy healthy stuff
>end up eating cereal

At least I keep my calories low so I'm not fat.

Healthiest thing I eat is cottage cheese and a lot of fruit. And salads, love salad.

>>7140356

>potato
>filling
>fiber and vitamin C
>delicious
>cheap
>keeps for months
>110-150 calories per potato
>needs only salt, pepper, and a small swipe of butter to be delicious

Fuck you. Potatoes are god tier.
>>
>>7140611
Oatmeal, banana, serving of cottage cheese, glass of milk
>>
>>7140611
I usually roast oats and crushed nuts in the pan quickly and chop some banana and apple meanwhile. Then I add some honey to the oats, stir it a bit, put everything in a bowl and add milk.

When I'm in a hurry I just grab a banana or get some bread with cheese on the way.

When I got more time I make some scrambled eggs. "Ramsay style" or whatever you want to call it.

And when it's Sunday and my gf is around I like to make some french toast.
>>
>>7140627
Your first meal has way too much sugar in to be considered healthy
>>
>>7140636
No it doesnt
>>
>>7140636
Back to >>>/fit/ you go
Hurf durf broteins hurf
Hurf durf sugar is bad hurf durf
>>
>>7140636
I like to have a sweet breakfast. It always depends on what you are eating throughout the day. I only drink water and occasionally a beer, I rarely have something sweet for lunch but something with meat and vegetables and I don't eat any snack on most days. For dinner I have some bread with cheese, ham or salami and some fruit.

In general I do not focus on eating extremely healthy but I try to keep a balanced diet and have some variety.
>>
File: at least it isn't fruit loops.jpg (161 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
at least it isn't fruit loops.jpg
161 KB, 1024x768
>>7140647
>>7140649
>mfw someone tells me my sweetened fruit and grain mixture is unhealthy
>>
>>7140674
Good for you. This is the way to go. All you really need to do is eat a varied balanced diet with lots of vegetables, avoid processed garbage and get enough sleep
>>
>>7140627
I'm a ketotard and that first breakfast sounds pretty okay except for the high fructose bug syrup.
>>
>>7140725
Honey is good for you
>>
I just don't eat food I know is shit for you. Can't be fucked obsessing over the little details.
>>
>>7137477
No red meat, butter or fried foods. Fewer than 40 carbs per meal. Lots of nuts, veggies, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, chicken and fish.

I do give myself one cheat meal per week. I'm going to get a burger for dinner tonight.
>>
>>7140739
Red meat is fine and even beneficial up to 4x a week
>>
>>7140756
Source please.
>>
>It really isn't that hard, is cheaper and makes everything 100x better.
>cheaper
lol no
>>
>>7140768
Depends on where you live. McDonalds and such might be relatively cheap in the US but in Germany you can make a burger of the same size with much better ingredients for less money.

Also I'm not taking the time into account since the opportunity cost is probably not a big factor for most people on 4chan.
>>
>>7140785
its cheaper than buying takeout, yes, but you can also not buy the fruits and vegetables that effectively have 0 calories while costing you money
i spend 3-5 euros a day on food and if i bought everything the OP suggests this would go up to at least 10
>>
>>7140819
What's are your typical meals on an average day?
>>
>>7140828
bread for breakfast, less than a euro for bread + butter + jam
either whey shake (~1€), poultry or pork (2-3€) for protein
something cheap on the side like rice or a potato based dish (less than 50 cents)

fill the remaining calories with whatever, usually not a lot since im going for 1700 right now
>>
>>7140725
Honey is a great natural sweetener.
>>
>>7137477
Lots of fruits and veggies.
Mostly eat fish for meat.
Avoid bread and pasta on most days.

I'm not a maniacal health fag, but I try to avoid eating frozen foods, or eating out(other than your mom). I shop seasonal and local.
>>
>>7137859
>later on your poop will fly out of your body as if it was late to catch a plane

I'm regular enough as is and I don't have to strain. No thank you.
>>
>eggs in moderation

I eat 12 a day. Great gains food, high cholesterol = high test = getting laid.
>>
>>7140636
A little bit of honey and fruit.

No, it doesn't have too much sugar.
>>
>>7140819
The fruits and veggies should cost you less than 2 euros a day, and aren't there to provide calories. Oats, brown rice, potatoes , full fat milk/yogurt and nuts bought in bulk provide healthy calories
>>
starches dont really affect my life
rice i like but dont crave same for noodles
i eat a fuckton of cruceferous veggies namely broccoli
red meat rarely, chicken almost daily
>>
File: sauerkraut.jpg (38 KB, 512x312) Image search: [Google]
sauerkraut.jpg
38 KB, 512x312
>>7137477
>no mention of based lactofermented foods
Gut health is incredibly important
>>
>>7140739
Butter is perfectly fine though as long as you aren't using it like some kind of lard ass.
>>
>>7137477
>>>/fit/
>>
>>7143159
Yeah this is a fast food and soda only board!

Where are my heart attack by 30 bros at?
>>
>>7140522
The same if you boil them without peeling the skin.
>>
>>7143159
>implying food isn't the most important part of health
>>
>>7141956
Not THIS guy again.
>>
File: 1383428727035.jpg (96 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1383428727035.jpg
96 KB, 500x333
>never buy packaged food
>microwave never
>most of my ingredients come from the local farmers market
>when I eat out it's mostly decently wholesome "farm to table" stuff with biodynamic kale and free-range non-GMO wild salmon fed on a pure shōjin ryōri diet by a sailboat piloted by eduardo sousa
>ride 150 miles a week on a bike, HIIT on a treadmill twice a week
>planks, hanging leg raise, and pullups every day except sunday
>a few compound heavy lifts such as OHP, bent over rows, and deadlifts for strength and power
>a glass of wine every night with dinner from respectable healthy wineries such as arianna occhipinti, catherine and pierre breton, frank cornelissin, and hirotake ooka

It's not easy being better than you, but I do what it takes

Enjoy filling your body with poison, /ck/
>>
I've been drinking a gallon of water per day. I've found that using room temperature water makes it easy to chug, you can't chug much cold water without hurting your throat. I slam one quart when I get up, one with lunch, one in the afternoon, and one before I go to the gym. The health benefits are great, I feel more energized all around, and dat vascularity is a plus as well.
I'm trying to minimize sodium and sugar but ti's hard to do that on a bulk since I've got a high TDEE. Most of the go-to dirty bulk foods have a lot of one or both, and it gets expensive and time-consuming to clean bulk.
>>
>>7143383
Are you a vegetarian? Because meat is an excellent addition to your diet when added properly, especially if lifting
>>
>>7143397
Actually my diet would be considered vegan, not vegetarian. Although they are actually the same thing, it's just a matter of how the word makes you feel.
>>
File: 1447881771860.jpg (101 KB, 581x1017) Image search: [Google]
1447881771860.jpg
101 KB, 581x1017
>>7143408
>>
File: 1443795377308.jpg (89 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1443795377308.jpg
89 KB, 1024x768
>>7143383
>not squatting
>>
File: st8FVIA.jpg (39 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
st8FVIA.jpg
39 KB, 768x1024
>>7143497
My quads are already too big from riding, making them even bigger is just going to make me look ridiculous.
>>
>>7143520
Hey ass wipe, he was asked about it, he didn't inform anyone until someone wanted to be informed.
>>
Fruit is just sugar and you can get the nutrients in it from other sources just as easily. I think of fruits as nature's candy: okay to eat once in a while, but not a daily thing.

I eat lots of flax and chia, nuts, butter, coconut oil, cream cheese, fatty fish, and meat. I eat 2-4 eggs daily as well. No grains ever because it makes my blood sugar spike. I love cruciferous veggies. Broccoli and cauliflower are my shit.
>>
>>7143611
Yeah, I know that, and that it is very true, but in the one case that didn't happen, and he was asked about it, you should give him some slack. Hugs and kisses from me bro. <3
>>
>>7143636
>>7143611
>>7143578
>>7143520
The strange thing is I didn't even know I was a vegan until you guys taught me what the word means. So really, /ck/ should take the blame for bringing it up all the time.
>>
File: 1438476396684.jpg (27 KB, 510x498) Image search: [Google]
1438476396684.jpg
27 KB, 510x498
>eat two heads of broccoli and a steak for din dins
>that huge, satisfying, colon cleaning baby you lay the next morning
>>
>>7143596
Fruit does have a few antioxidants/phytonutrients unique to them, but these things aren't actually proven to do anything. I like to have one a day anyways as a treat.

I feel like some people take the saturated fat thing too far. Yes, in moderation and as part of a good diet they're fine, but consuming lots of butter, cream cheese and eggs is not good for you
>>
>>7137477
If it won't kill me, I won't eat it.
>>
>>7143675
I just love fatty foods. Carbs make me feel like crap, fat doesn't.
>>
>>7143979
This.
I can eat 1000 calories of fat and feel fine, if not incredibly full (if I could even eat that much calories in fat).
But 1000 calories in carbs? Fucking disgusting, I feel sick just thinking of it. Not only is it so fucking easy to eat 1000 calories of carbs, it would make your blood sugar shoot through the fucking roof. Gross.
>>
>>7143611
whats updog
>>
>>7144461
the sky
>>
Life is short. Eat what the fuck you want.
>>
>>7143383
>microwave is bad
Bullshit. Nothing wrong with heating up leftovers in the microwave, same for using it to cook oatmeal or heat soup or beans.
>>
>>7144846
That's not very good logic considering that eating like total shit will certainly make your life even shorter
>>
>>7137859
>poop will fly out of your body
>later

Fuck I get a similar energy juice from a vegan juice stand on my way to work and drink it on the way there and I'm fucking running into work every time about to shit myself
>>
File: 1400826923732.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1400826923732.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>7143408
>vegan
>said he eats fish
>>
Since when were potatoes considered bad? They are considered a good source of carbs as far as I know
>>
>>7144944
They're not it's jsur a leftover bias from the Adkins diet craze days
>>
>>7143383
>eating witchcraft veggies
>>
>>7144882
yes, the problem with microwaves is more heating up plastic and eating convenience foods than any voodoo with the heat source itself.
>>
>>7145029
then just say no tv dinners or instant mac

Then again, that shit is beyond disgusting no matter how you prepare it anyway.
>>
File: kurt-cobain-mtv-unplugged-650.jpg (194 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
kurt-cobain-mtv-unplugged-650.jpg
194 KB, 650x430
>>7144941
It's okay to eat fish, 'cause they don't have any feelings~~
>>
>>7141333
Chekt.

I can also agree with the not moderating eggs thing. I don't eat them all the time, but when I'm in an eggs phase I go through a couple dozen a week.
>>
>>7144941
>>7145043
I don't think you guys understand what vegan means.
>>
Multigrain bread on my sandwiches at lunch for that fiber. Ham, cheese, mayo and mustard usually. Love mandarins. Largely meat based diet, but eat veggies (frozen) with each meal. Occasional canned tuna or eating fast food, but nowhere near routine because I can't afford that shit and my bowel severely disagrees with my palate about burger king's chicken sandwich. Love me some hotdogs, probably my biggest weakness.
>>
>>7145073
k
>>
>>7137477
I eat exactly like this only with more coffee
>>
>>7145073
>missing the reference
Underage b& detected lel
>>
>>7145085
But that's wrong. A vegan is simply a person who eats higher quality food than you.
>>7145160
I never really developed a taste for "grunge", why anyone would intentionally style themselves in that fashion is beyond me.
>>
>>7145173
And a retard is you.

See I can change word meanings willy nilly too.
>>
>>7145173
I like my meat very minimal too. Nothing more than a little S&P. Any more and it takes away from the true flavor.
>>
>>7144461
Up dog?
>>
File: wonder_bread_ingredients.jpg (3 MB, 2448x1936) Image search: [Google]
wonder_bread_ingredients.jpg
3 MB, 2448x1936
Always check the ingredients list of anything you buy.
Pic related - American bread
>>
>>7145935
That's not "American bread", that's one brand of mass produced bread that's sold in the US. "Wonder Bread", for that matter, which even Americans have been making fun of for over 30 years. The two do not equal each other. No one is falling for your bait.
>>
>>7145963
>no one is falling for your bait
You literally fell for his bait, next time just don't reply
>>
File: 1444669651774.jpg (839 KB, 1920x965) Image search: [Google]
1444669651774.jpg
839 KB, 1920x965
>there are people who don't eat whatever they want whenever they want
>there are people who don't know how to balance what they eat and are gluttonous or /fit/ tryhards
>there are people who want to live past 80
>there are people that will justify living past 80 and seriously think they're not going to have some kind of major health problem
>>
File: SXZHgbE.jpg (104 KB, 800x797) Image search: [Google]
SXZHgbE.jpg
104 KB, 800x797
>>7146205
>there are people who actually want to put poisonous junk in their system
>>
How do I make $20 last a week/almost a week while eating healthy? I was thinking about buying boneless chicken breast at 1.99/lb and getting some 25oz bags of frozen veggies and some rice and making different sauces/gravies for every other meal to switch things up. Do fresh veggies have more nutrition and do you have more efficient suggestions?
>>
>>7146220
Get chicken thighs instead
>>
>>7146207
Sucks that you're allergic to certain things, but I'm not going to give them up just because your immune system is shite.
>>
I try to consume 200g of non starchy vegetables every meal and go for quality nutrition.

I always make a lunch the day before. It's usually eggs and salad or canned salmon and salad. Today it was hard boiled eggs and duck rillettes (made it myself. Had a whole duck so I quartered it. The breasts make one protein portion each. I confitted and rilletted the legs with fat rendered from the back).

When I buy whole chickens I make protein portions as such:
Four wings. A skin on breast and skinless thigh. The thigh skin, a tenderloin and a drumstick). For seasoning marinades tend to be light. Either dry rubs or soy and lemon/lime with herbs and spices. Cast iron or stainless steel pan. Fry on each side. Chuck in your 200g vegetables. A handful of healthy additives (olives, fresh garlic, ginger and turmeric are all good), finish in the oven.

I usually calorie count breakfast and lunch but dinner is just guess work on a protein portion and vegies.

Breakfast tends to be a bit more diverse. Avocados. Homemade proper Greek yoghurt. Flax bread. Homemade pate. Homemade nut butters (esp walnuts for omega 3s {which is also why I eat flax and salmon} and almonds) . Stuff like that.

I had a problem. When I was 21 I went from proper obese to healthy weight but eventually started binge eating. I'm talking serious binge eating. I'd be super clean and then I'd eat the tiniest thing and then I'd just nosedive. Like eating until I literally threw up for up to four days. Four days in a row of on-the-edge of vomiting all day. I couldn't stop. The cravings felt physical. I was in physical pain when not eating and physical pain when I was. I'd then restrict for the next week and then I'd binge again. I spent about 70% of my days being suicidal because of the physical pain from binging. I'd have to tae time off work. But I've got it under control. Thankfully I never gained the weight back.
>>
>>7146300
The other night was a breakthrough. I'd been eating clean for a month. I went out with friends. It was teppanyaki and a set menu. I ate my portion of each dish. Then desert. I was sure I was going to binge and be out of control for the next few days and I felt so much dread.
The next morning I made breakfast and the physical pain that signals binging wasn't there. It was an astronomical good feel. Losing the weight was such an achievement and somehow it triggered something that was infinitely worse than being obese. But I conquered that too
>>
>>7146240
Get whole chickens instead and boil the bones.
>>
>>7146300
>>7146303
Good for you about the binge eating, diet looks really good too.
I think things like this just take time and consistency to go away
>>
File: 1416285728850.jpg (26 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
1416285728850.jpg
26 KB, 310x310
>>7145173
>A vegan is simply a person who eats higher quality food than you.
6/10, obviously bait, but sums up the ignorant, pretentious attitude of vegans very well.
>>
>>7137477
Wow, this makes my ideas for diet so much easier. Thanks anon
>>
it aint easy being healthy
>>
>>7148827
It actually is when you go a while just eating whole foods. I craved ALDIs prawn crackers for a long time after cleaning up my diet but eventually you just stop wanting to 'cheat'. This is why I don't like the idea of cheat days/meals - if you're looking forwards to eating junk and are doing it semi regularly you'll never break the addiction
>>
>>7137477

>1-2 servings of fruit a day

Bump that up to 5+

>Lean meats and dairy for protein

Look into legumes too. Very high in fiber, protein, and minerals.

>>Red/fatty meat, full fat dairy and eggs in moderation for micro nutrients and animal fats

Animals fats as like a nutrient you're trying to get on purpose? Skip these altogether, they're bad for you
>>
Fage 0%, protein powder, milk, chicken, turkey, lean beef; unsalted almonds or other nuts, dark chocolate; clementines, apples, dried fruit, dark greens, squash, lentils, edamame
>>
>>7148895
Fruit is good for you, but veggies are better and contain much less fructose. It should should really be a daily treat
Animal fats aren't really good for you, but it's good for males to have some saturated fat/cholesterol in their diets. If the worst part of your diet is a good, grass-fed steak that is packed with all sorts of micronutrients I'd say your diet is healthy

>legumes
Agreed, these are great, shame about the paleo fad
>>
>>7148916
This nigga knows
I'd leave out the protein powder, dried fruit and soy. That's just me though
>>
>>7148920

>Fruit is good for you, but veggies are better and contain much less fructose.

Haven't you heard the phrase "fruits and vegetables"? Eating plenty (and a variety) of both is best, and since fructose from whole fruits has never been associated with health problems, there's no need to worry about the sugars. Enjoy the bounty, my friend.

>Animal fats aren't really good for you, but it's good for males to have some saturated fat/cholesterol in their diets

I think I might have talked to you on /fit/. I have to say again, there's no health benefit to doing that whether you're male or female, it's lose-lose. It sounds like you've just got a fat tooth for steak, ha ha.
>>
>>7148939
You did talk to me on /fit/ I think, you ended up wrecking me but I'll still consume red meat and fruit in moderation
>>
>>7148954

Fair enough. I don't want to be a dick about it, I just think standards should be kept high when talking about healthy eating habits, otherwise the whole concept just gets vague and overly subjective. Everyone tries to make exceptions for their indulgences, and people trying to learn how to construct a healthy diet might be led in the wrong direction, especially when they read something that sounds delicious and get the impression that it's healthier than it really is, and something they can eat all the time. When someone's painting a ham and cheese sandwich as a healthy lunch because it's on multigrain bread, that's not doing anyone any good >>7145078
>>
>>7140611
lowfat yogurt is amazing. and a teaspoon of Peanut Butter or a scoop of protein powder thoroughly mixed in AFTER you cook the oats is god tier.
>>
>>7149154
>a scoop of protein powder thoroughly mixed in AFTER you cook the oats is god tier
I agree with this. Though some vanilla flavoured proton powders can taste a bit ordinary but a pinch of cinnamon can make a world of difference. Plus cinnamon has it's own health benefits.
>>
Just go outside, you fucking retards. Have a physical job or do a physical hobby instead of watching television or playing video games. Don't eat fast food every day either.

If you'd actually get off your ass you'd be fine. Also, lard is delicious and I use it a lot. Will I die before 50? NOPE, because I actually do things that are demanding. Even if I were going to, I'd prefer to have actual flavour instead of counting micronutrients or what the fuck ever you gym rat faggots do nowadays. Better reset your FitBit.
>>
>>7149286
I love it when fat people try to give health advice. Funniest thing I've read all day and Ive been reading Trump's twitter account. Thanx, anon.
>>
>>7149291

I love it when scrawny losers who do nothing but play video games and fruit tell someone who is active that they are fat and that it's clearly impossible to burn off the calories you intake because all said loser does is work in an office, sits at a desk and listens to a professor, or is just some NEET that stays at home watching anime or playing with video toys like the manchild they are.

Like I said, get a physical job and you'll be able to eat something beyond whole wheat bread crumbs and a grape.
>>
>fat is bad
>eat lots of fruit, sugar is good for you

Typical sugar shills in this thread.
>>
>>7149298
go to bed, grandpa. you're drunk!
>>
>>7149298
>muh rock splitting job, muh real man's occupation, muh muh muh nutraloaf
Maybe if you hadn't gotten busted for kiddie porn you could take part in a discussion of food CHOICES and lifestyle CHOICES

Enjoy trying not to drop the soap, I'll be in the outside world exercising just for fun
>>
>>7149501
>lifestyle

are you a fagget?
>>
>>7149530
No, being gay is something people are born with. The reason flyovers associate that word with a non-choice is because their Reverend told them it's a choice, and in their world not looking, talking, living, thinking, and eating EXACTLY the same as your neighbors is considered dangerous and possibly unpatriotic. Hence why the only apparent 'lifestyle' is gay, even though it's not actually a lifestyle but a sexual orientation.

Enjoy your 'normal food' and attacking anyone who behaves in a way you didn't expect.
>>
>>7149544

It's pretty much been proven that being gay is a mental disorder m8
>>
>>7149575
Update your DSM, grandpa
>>
>>7149575
cite a source.

>my dad told me something so it must be true
>>
Pea soup, crumble on some feta. That's the healthiest I get desu
>>
>>7140647
>>7140649
>>7140674
>>7141348
Overly defensive drug (sugar) addicts detected
Go shill somewhere else
>>
Honestly if I could live off dairy on a regular basis I would do so.

Goat milk Kefir
Soured Milk Butter
Ghee
Good Quality "green" Cow milk
Haullomi
Chevre

In my mind most things are vehicles for or complementary to dairy.

Otherwise I make dairy rich breads like malahawa with lots of butter, couscous tossed with ghee, roast veggie roasted or sauteed with ghee, fiery curries of lentils or spicy hummus with creamy cheeses ,etc...

I follow ayurvedic dieting, it's all I've known for a long time. Being that my body's dosha is Vata it's not idea to eat raw vegetables most things I eat are either cooked in fats or slow cooked in their own juices.

Spirulina is cool too if it's high quality but it's what ever.
>>
Why does healthy eating bring out so much anger
>>
File: 11111111111111111111111111.jpg (254 KB, 713x1347) Image search: [Google]
11111111111111111111111111.jpg
254 KB, 713x1347
>>7149691
Fat people don't like to be reminded of their failure at life.
>>
No mentions of quark. You guys need to step up your delicious low cal, hi protein game.

I got it on a whim once to replace cottage cheese and I've never looked back. Plus it has the added benefit that you can cook with it as it doesn't split
>>
>>7137859
better smoothie
>kale
>spinach
>cucumber
>pear
>squeeze lemon
>scoop of vanilla whey

eat one every day, and all my shit is green :/
>>
File: IMG_20151205_190644.jpg (468 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151205_190644.jpg
468 KB, 2048x1365
>>7140611
A cup of 0% Fage, raspberries or w/e, chia seeds for fiber and texture, a teaspoon of honey or jam, and a small bit of granola. 300-ish calories, like 30g protein and 30g carbs and delicious.
>>
i simply avoid buying as little of processed foods as possible when shopping. It's impossible to have a bad diet if you stay in the fresh produce and meat section
>>
>tfw eat a bowl of oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of pic related, a half cup of blueberries, and a couple packets of stevia along with a cup or two of coffee and an orange for breakfast

>wash down with .75 liters of water

>eat 5 steamed brussells sprouts, 14 baby carrots, 1 chopped broccoli, and 3 green onions along with a spinach and kale salad with an omelette made up of two egg whites and one whole egg

>eat a cup of 100 cal greek yogurt with two more table spoons of pic related

>wash down with .75 liters of water

>later eat two servings of lunch meat turkey and a serving of almonds and pistachios each

>wash down with .5 liters of water

I have never felt so energetic and well since doing this about a week and half ago. Feels fucking great, I don't even want to touch pretzels or processed snacky stuff now.
>>
>>7152042

>and meat
>>
>>7149270
i always go for chocolate. i'm too scared to try any flavors and chocolate works for me. when i make my shakes a lot of time i'll add lite vanilla yogurt. ends up being sweet choco vanilla flavor and packs an additional 12g protein for only 80 extra calories
>>
>>7151816
Quark, skyr, cottage cheese, greek yoghurt is fucking 10/10 god tier protein food but isn't really that nutritious, dairy is pretty shit apart from calcium and fat soluble vitamins and so lean dairy doesn't really have that much at all
>>
>>7137859
>4 cloves of garlic
>4

What the fuck
>>
>>7153201
It's good for you and tastes delicious
I personally at least triple the garlic in any recipes I use
>>
Trying to drop 30 lbs by March for a 2 day event so I can try and hook up with some floozies.

x2 salad a day with homemade asian dressing (very lite)
For dinner I have a spaghetti squash in a bone broth which is heavy enough so I can take a multivitamin without it killing my stomach.

Started Dec 1st, already down 8 lbs, pretty easy so far. Maintaining it once I hit my goal will be the hard part.
>>
>>7153278
Just use DNP
>>
File: captivelonleyshell.jpg (160 KB, 1273x921) Image search: [Google]
captivelonleyshell.jpg
160 KB, 1273x921
>>7137477
i work out and eat right
/thread
we all know how to eat right and it involves 0 fads.
No diets no juicing none of that bullshit
get your macros right.. eat enough fiber and don't eat sugar or too much fat.
>>
>>7149154
you don't have to add protein after.. that's a load of horse shit. but other than that good advice.
>>
>>7154609
*no added sugar
*plenty of good fats
No fads and lots of fiber is right though
>>
>>7137477
I've decided to start eating healthy again. Tired of being a fat lazy sack of shit lol.

Started tonight with salmon, roast purple potatoes, and bay spinach with baby portabellas sautéd in extra virgin coconut oil. Had a bit of rioja with it, and some 90% chocolate for dessert.

Decided I'm just going to try to stick to deeply colored foods lol.

Also I start most days with a bowl of steel cut oats, cause they're delicious and moderately healthful. Ordered some organic raw single strain cacao nibs, might try them in the oatmeal or just to munch on as a snack.

Also picked up a few tins of sardines for cheap wholesomeness.

I'm going to try to cut out breads and shit like pasta and unnecessary grains beyond the oatmeal and grits sometimes, and cut back on meat mostly cause I'm sick of cleaning up the mess from frying fatty meat lol.

Plus from here, since wholesome food is more stating, going to start cutting back on the quantity, and cut back on the alcohol. Hope to lose ~100 is lbs by summer, without going on a retard non nutritious diet as I've done before (bowl of rice a day kek).
>>
>>7145935
Aside from the corn syrup/sugar the major ingredients are bread ingredients. the rest of that shit is just preservatives.

Also you do realize you can buy proper bread at the bakery of pretty much any grocery store? Or of course make your own, it's cheap as fuck and dead simple.
>>
>>7149286
>Just go outside, you fucking retards
>Have a physical job
>I actually do things that are demanding
And a hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer.

And the best cold beer is VIC.

https://youtu.be/WA1h9h7-_Z4
>>
>>7154846
Good for you, anon. Once you stick to it for a couple months it will become a part of you

>>7154856
Yes, I do realise you can buy or make proper bread, what does this have to do with checking ingredient lists?
>>
>>7149286
>Just go outside, you fucking retards. Have a physical job
>>7149298
>it's clearly impossible to burn off the calories you intake because all said loser does is work in an office

Oh so having a physical job is all that's necessary to be healthy? On what fucking planet are you from? Most construction workers suffer from tons of abdominal fat, the most dangerous kind there is. If you work a physical job it's more important for you to control your diet than other people because you need tons of calories but you must get them from good sources. With anxiety and depression being so common among laborers like construction workers it's way too easy to eat shitty comfort food.
>>
File: 1447606610621.jpg (23 KB, 575x485) Image search: [Google]
1447606610621.jpg
23 KB, 575x485
>>7143495
>>
>>7137903
Underated post.
>>
>>7137477
I have a bunch of annoying as fuck health conditions which stop me from eating a handful of things like brocolli, kale and soy, etc.

I've been living off rice with salmon or chicken for the last few months, and occationally peas and carrots.
Boring as fuck but at least my body doesn't murder me for it.
>>
>>7149544
GAY AGENDA!
>>
What are some good foods to eat for someone who haves reflux?

I already quit eating meat, flour and i drink my soda with water.
>>
redpill me on healthy snacks.

Spinach doesn't seem to be a viable finger food.

also no carrots pls
>>
>>7158239
>no carrots

Nigger what, carrots are sweet and tasty as fuck.

Anyways, if you want healthy 200 calorie snacks:

>organic apple or large orange plus Fage 0% greek yogurt (put sugar or something in it if you need flavor)

>Celery + peanut butter

>Dry roasted edamame (or edamame in general)

>1 serving (usually an oz) of any kind of nuts. Almonds and walnuts are healthy as fuck, pistachios are the "skinniest" nut with 50 nuts = 160 calories

>Bowl of oatmeal = 150 to 200 calories and will keep you full

>Dried fruit if you must, get something with lots of fiber like prunes or figs

I could go on, but those are pretty quick and easy healthy snacks. Make sure to drink a half liter of water after to make you feel full and hydrate yourself as well.
>>
>>7140600
I'm similar, actually. I "eat" vegetarian on some days "because" meat makes me "feel" heavy at times.
>>
>>7157711
What the fuck kind of diet is this? You can eat meat with reflux, just eat lean proteins that aren't fried to minimize grease. Don't drink soda, it's all acid. Carbs in general are pretty benign for reflux so I have no idea why you cut flour.

When I'm having bad reflux, I eat a lot of soups and broth. Yogurt or oatmeal for breakfast. Undressed vegetables because balsamics are acidic and cream dressings have high fat content. Cut fat and acid and attacks will be infrequent.
>>
>>7137477
>sardines
I do love em but lately the metallic tin taste has been starting to piss me off

also roomies hate the fucking smell the tin leaves so you gotta rinse it immediately after eating then dump it outside
Also real talk what do you guys eat to really put off hunger, I do my best to eat as little as possible but then my tongue salivates and ill chug 3 glasses of water to let whatever food I eat swell in size but nothing cna put off my appetite so whatever I do work off is lost by excessive hunger
>>
>>7148916
Dried fruit is very calorie-dense. The water in fresh fruit fills you up and keeps you from eating too many calories. However, they're pretty nice sprinkled in salads/oatmeal for the texture and burst of flavor.
>>
>>7158239
>>7158271
Dark chocolate too

>>7158391
A large mug of green tea suppresses my appetite and is
apparantly good for you
>>
My granny fries pancakes every friday.
I wanna change things up a bit and distance myself from nutella and strawberry jam.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>7155324
Yeah whenever I hear someone going MUH REAL MANS JOB I assume they've got about 60 pounds of surplus lard filling their abdominal cavity. The common laborer's body is not a standard of physical fitness anyone should be modeling themselves after.
>>
>>7158810
Try lime and a touch of molasses. Good peanut butter too
Really you can't make pancakes healthy though
>>
>>7140739
You should eat less nuts. They have crazy amounts of phytic acid. Quality butter is actually good for you, too.
>>
>>7159630
Phytic acid is not worth worrying about if your diet is nutritious at all
Beans, oats, whole grains and nuts are excellent for your health and provide more minerals then the small amount that gets chelated
Also, saturated fat is not healthy or unhealthy. If you eat enough you're better off replacing the rest with nuts, fatty fish, olives etc
>>
>>7140725

Honey is by far the least offensive sweetener you can have. All sweeteners should be taken in moderation but if we're going to have one at all it might as well be honey.

Also honey is naturally antibacterial and it keeps forever
>>
>>7143596
Lay off the nuts and seeds(phytic acid) and look into a different oil source
>>
>>7149603
Cool to see ayurvedic knowledge get dropped here. I've studied that a bit.

Everyone should thoroughly steam their veggies, too.
>>
>>7159630
>>7159673
>it has ACID in it so it must be bad
>>
>>7152186
Don't eat chia everyday that shit fucked me up after a few months. Just a trend, I'm tellin' ya
>>
>>7159682
You didn't even look it up... I'm not preaching pH theories the shit is a nutrient-blocker.
>>
>>7159692
It provided more nutrients then get chelated
>>
>>7159683
How? Shit makes me feel wonderful and awake, and it's not even a whole serving since it's mixed with ground flax seed.
>>
>>7143654
have you ever HAD YOUR SHIT PUSHED IN?
>>
All food is exactly the same. It's genetics.
>>
>Getting paranoid from watching documentaries and getting conflicting info from every medical site ever
>Literally nearly every food in existence is terrible for you and will kill you in 2000 ways apparently
>No oil, no bread, no animals, no fruits, no dairy
>RAW VEGETABLES ONLY FINAL DESTINATION
>But not corn and potatoes!

Why even live
>>
>>7149691
Because theres so many competing opinions on what is healthy due to disinfo and shitty studies.
>>
>>7158239
FRUITS
R
U
I
T
S

Unsalted nuts. I swear to god if you buy salted nuts. Do what that guy said with celery and peanut butter, but not too much peanut butter.
>>
>>7162044
I wanna write a book about this where in the near alternative future science somehow proves this and then everyone goes crazy with their diet because its unchangeable. Then at the end you find out that the study was secretly funded by an underground sect of all the major food and pharmaceutical corporations CEOs and was all a ruse. It'll be dystopian in nature, but with a good ending where a special agent blows the cover of the operation.
>>
>>7162285
Fucking this, eating healthy takes half the fun out of life
>>
File: Pic0310001.jpg (30 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Pic0310001.jpg
30 KB, 320x240
>>7140611
Mix a scoop of flavored whey protein into regular oats while they are cooking,it sweetens it just right.

chocolate and strawberry is best
>>
File: 1445529693859.jpg (98 KB, 735x491) Image search: [Google]
1445529693859.jpg
98 KB, 735x491
>>7162044
>>
>>7137477
Thats Paleo and I like it
>>
>>7163186
Paleo is spot on apart from their stance on legumes, grains and saturated fat
>>
>>7143596
Bullshit, the nutrients and fibre overrule the sugar.
>>
Can I be unhealthy and still have a muscular figure? I want to shorten my life without being overweight.
>>
>>7165930
Sure, just do a lot of roids, DNP, amphetamines, and smoke heavily
>>
>>7165930
Very easily, infact I'd wager the majority of muscular people have shitty diets that are killing them. Quality of food has very little impact on body composition, only the macros are important
>>
>>7166021
>I don't want to lift weights because I'll get all muscley!
>who wants to look like a freakish bodybuilder? it's not healthy!
Spoken like a skinnyfat who can't do a dead hang pullup to save his life, and would have a heart attack after trying to run half a mile
>>
>>7166025
I think you misunderstood me or something, do you not think IIFYM gives results?
>>
>>7137477
I eat like this.

You aren't eating any beans, I can almost guarantee you lack fiber. Are you getting minimum 30 grams a day? You know 97% of Americans don't meet the recommended daily adequate intake of 30 grams, the average is only 15.
>>
>>7166025
>i might not be able to understand things i read, but at least i have muscles larger than the average person
>>
>>7166061
>>7166046
skinnyfat samefag detected, have fun arguing all day over phytoestrogens and ICF and 5x5s and "negging" while other people are being stronger, faster, and healthier than you
>implying I'm not eating fresh fruit and grass fed unsweetened yogurt with a cup of yirgacheffe *right now*
>>
File: 1448506046632.jpg (10 KB, 206x195) Image search: [Google]
1448506046632.jpg
10 KB, 206x195
>>7166056
>As many fruits as vegetables
>Grains and legumes making up the majority of the diet
>>
>>7166068
/fit/ - why aren't you busy sucking cocks like the rest of your board?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-15-11-23.png (227 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-15-11-23.png
227 KB, 1080x1920
>>7166068
You misunderstood my post, just close the tab and move on, why are you so angry about this?
>>
>>7166071
I haven't been to /fit/ in years

Why aren't you busy inhaling a box of guilt-free sinfully delicious meal replacement bars while smearing Dr. Weill's anti-toxin serum all over your pink, cellulite-pockmarked face?
>>
>>7166072
>why are you so angry about this?
roids/insecurity
>>
>>7166072
>just close the tab and move on
Just try and make me fucking cunt. Try and make me.
>>
>>7166084
>>7166072
Pls respond
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Chickem stir fry
>>
Who else /keto/?
>>
>>7166735
I actually eat barely any carbs, but only because I prefer protein and fat
>>
>>7166750
The mental clarity from fat and protein is glorious
>>
threadly reminder that if you aren't doing fecal enemas you'll never really be /health/
>>
>>7154846
lol good for you but that was infuriating to read lol
>>
File: 407358b.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
407358b.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
>>7166750
i live with two irish guys, who always go on about how irish butter is better, but based pic related is the best
>>
File: snooki.jpg (765 KB, 3000x2101) Image search: [Google]
snooki.jpg
765 KB, 3000x2101
>>7168498
>Luxury
>New Jersey
You don't know the meaning of the word.
>>
>>7140611
Sauteed cabbage. I've been eating fruit fr breaky but the detox reaction got me so I'm easing up on that. Sauteed cabbage in 1tbsp of olive oil and colored garlic (heated in the oil before the cabbage and water) and 1/2 cup water. Cover for 5 minutes and then uncover and simmer until the liquid is gone. solar salt and organic pepper and a tbsp or so of organic apple cider vinegar. It's amazing.
>>
How to tell if someone is retarded on /ck/
>says veggies ever
>watch out for mercury!!! Its a real issue for casual fish eaters i swear!
>muh cheat meal
>muh healthy fats/muh macro carbs/muh buzzword nutriet
>>
>>7169325
>muh autist list
>>
>>7168991
Triggered me, so I have to respond: it's referring to Jersey brown cows, not i-95 the musical.
>>
>>7140684
>At least it isn't
That's a degenerate way of saying you're right but I'm insecure.
>>
>>7137477
>Enough raw vegetables, fruits and dark leafy greens
>Lots of blueberries and nuts I guess
>Meat and fish just for special occasions
>Cold showers
>Go nearly everywhere by bike and at least half an hour a day to work and back
>Unhealthy as fuck things every now and then because I want to
It's not perfect but good enough for me I guess, I only get sick or a cold about every three years.
>>
>>7169321
Your post consists of good ideas intermixed with trolling
>>
File: 1450040415473.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1450040415473.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>7140739

What do guys mean fried foods? Do you mean fucking deep fried? Or just using the pan in general?

I cook my lean chicken breasts with coconut oil on the pan. How is that unhealthy?
>>
>>7169463
>no red meat
>no butter
>no carbs
Twas but an epic troll
Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.