[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi ck, how was your dinner i tried making clam chowder and it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151203_192415.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151203_192415.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
hi ck, how was your dinner

i tried making clam chowder and it turned out ok
>>
pretty good had steak and a potato
>>
so what do you do with the inside of the bread bowl? make it into rolls?
>>
>>7135477
you fuck it
>>
I made pierre herme's lemon tart. Literally a pound of butter between the lemon cream and the tart crust. It's very good and probably took a month off of my life. I also made some sourdough baguettes and a salad.
>>
>>7135477
dip it into the chowder if you're so inclined

making croutons is apparently ok too
>>
File: 2015-12-03 22.02.58.png (1 MB, 957x1277) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-03 22.02.58.png
1 MB, 957x1277
>>7135449
It's ten o'clock at night, and I've been studying so crazy since exams start next week.
You know your in college when you study so hard you forget to eat...the being able to only afford ramen works too.
>>
>>7135477
I usually squish it and drop it on the bottom, then ladle the soup over it.
>>
>>7135477
I usually dip it in the soup while its cooking and then get too full to eat soup out of the actual bread bowl

For me bread bowls are more of a presentation thing for when i have company or something, i wouldn't have one on like a normal Tuesday night
>>
File: 12299.jpg (145 KB, 960x763) Image search: [Google]
12299.jpg
145 KB, 960x763
>>7135449
My dinner was excellent
Risotto: butter, pepper, onion, salt, beef stock, white wine, gorgonzola (because no cream), parmesan.
Shrimp: lemongrass, citrus salt, lemon.
Sauteed vegetables: broccoli, carrots, peas, basil, oregano, beef stock.
Chimichurri sauce on top.
>>
>>7135449
Holy fuck in craving now I'm cravin' some chowda
>>
>>7136331
Let's go to Marianos
>>
>>7136331
this may sounds pleb and all, but fuck if i don't adore legal seafood's chowda
>>
>>7136331
Got love a big bowl of 'der.
>>
The other day I did a chuck roast sous vide.

It was in the water bath sealed up for 48 hours.

Then I took it out and gave it a really nice sear and we ate it with fondant potato and steamed buttered broccoli.

The Chuck roast is a tough cut so giving it 48 hours to slow cook at 130 allowed all the connective tissue to melt away.

It was like cutting into butter or a soft potato / carrot. Very tender but not falling apart.

I ate mine with some garlic herb butter and salt.

Just to enjoy the beefy flavor you get from tough cuts like Chuck.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.