[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, going to work soon. But I plan on going on a bulking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 3825058921.jpg (206 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
3825058921.jpg
206 KB, 1200x900
Hey guys, going to work soon. But I plan on going on a bulking diet and shit. I gotta ask, how the fuck do I make beans. Like I bought a fuckload of rice and beans, I just don't know how to make beans. Is it the same as rice?
>>
>>7121641

Gotta soak them over night, then you can boil them in the rice.
>>
Yeah.. soak them at least for 8 hours or so.
If you have a pressure cooker you can cook it afterwards in just about 30~45 minutes. Otherwise you can cook it in a normal pot too just put it in boiling water. It just takes way longer that way- taste it sometimes to see if it's done.
>>
- Buy only fresh beans. If there are a lot of split beans in the bag they are not fresh. Old beans will not take up water and cook properly.
- Soak beans for at least 24 hours, draining and replacing the water as it gets cloudy. Use only cold water, which holds more oxygen and "wakes up" the beans better.

- Boil the beans on high for 10 min, then bring down to a simmer (or place in s crock pot) for a few hours.

- Don't add salt or any acid until the beans are soft.
>>
>>7121641
You didn't specify whether the beans are dry or not, if the beans are dry make sure to go through them for debris and little rocks. Breaking a tooth on a rock is no fun.

Also if dry, there's also no reason to soak them, once you've gone through them for debris and rocks, then just boil them in fresh water, the time varies with the type of bean. For instance red kidney is about 3.5 hours, including changing the water every 45 minutes or so. Don't add salt or really anything during the cooking process, add that and anything else after they're done.

Don't cook the rice and beans together unless it's a final mix process, that is once both are done, mix them.

For better tasting rice, consider using chicken broth as the cooking liquid, but not with beans, the salt in the broth just makes the cooking process take longer.
>>
Put 'em in a bowl and stick 'em in the microwave for two and a half minutes, exactly like it says on the tin.
>>
Go for heinz baked beans lad

Just need to warm them up in the micro or a small pan
>>
>rice and beans
number one rule with beans is always carefully sort beans for rocks and derbies and bad looking beans, I use a large white plate. I pour some beans on the plate and then tap the plate so they all spread out, then I hunt for rocks with my eyes. After sorting them, rinse them.

Second, ditch the rice. Rice is disgusting and will give you constipation.

Third. make bread. sourdough bread. white whole wheat mix. eat that with the beans. It's heaven.

Beans are the easiest thing to cook. Soak the beans for 16 hours, then pressure cook them for a couple minutes. You will have to figure out how long to cook them because it varies. anywhere from 4-10 minutes is usually how long it takes.
>>
>>7121733
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>7124585
Except you don't need to soak that long and the salt thing is not true.
>>
Make sure you cook them properly, the food poisoning you will get if you don't is especially brutal
>>
>>7124619
They are both true.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.