[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
McFries tier fries at home?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 000044621_mcfries.jpg (22 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
000044621_mcfries.jpg
22 KB, 800x600
Is it possible to "cook" McFries tier fries at home?
What kind of temperature, method, potato and oil do i need for this? (i have all kinds of temperature meters and timers and scales and shit)

Can i do better by increasing the amount of technical autism? (like that Heston method where he cooks them and freezes and then cooks again or something like that)
>>
Literally googling, "McFries tier fries at home" brings up the article about how to do it which has been around for half a decade and posted on /ck/ many times.
>>
>>7121057
I only get links from 2015, which is that article? Google results can be different depending on locale, search history and stuff.
>>
>>7121057
McFried are probably twice fried if I were to guess, once to cook at low temp then flash fry to order
>>
>>7121451
all the recipes i have found are:

1: low temp
2: freezer/refrigerator
3: high temp
>>
>>7121451
Yeah, I worked at mcdonalds, they're precooked then fried again for three minutes instore
>>
>>7121053
Why would you want to? Be honest.
>>
>>7121463
I think they taste better than my "potato into the pan" single cook method.
>>
I had zero luck with the acidulated water bath, refreeze and two frying baths. No luck at all.

I'll buy Ore-Ida steak fries and deep-fry those twice, they turn out great, but I have had zero luck using fresh raw potatoes to make french fries. Or hash browns. No clue what is going wrong.
>>
>>7121451

Three times. Once in water, once in low heat oil, then at the actual "restaurant" once in high heat oil before being served.

For proper autism regarding the subject:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/05/the-burger-lab-how-to-make-perfect-mcdonalds-style-french-fries.html

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/05/perfect-french-fries-recipe.html
>>
File: beer batter dipped curly fries.jpg (48 KB, 600x325) Image search: [Google]
beer batter dipped curly fries.jpg
48 KB, 600x325
>>7121053
>actually wanting low-test fries
>>
>>7121053
Seriously though... If you have a deep fryer, then any bag of fries you pick up in the frozen section of a grocery store are on par with McDonald's fries (which are 2nd tier fries compared to Del Taco fries)
>>
cut a potato into fries

chill in cold water for a hour

fry for 3-5 minutes in pure or mostly beef fat

drain

salt to taste
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.