[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are some people okay with eating rare steak and sushi and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: salmonnela.jpg (88 KB, 960x317) Image search: [Google]
salmonnela.jpg
88 KB, 960x317
Why are some people okay with eating rare steak and sushi and how come they don't get sick?
>>
>muh spooky bacteria
The bacteria scare is made up by corporations wanting to sell cleaning supplies to helicopter liberal housewives with nothing better to do than coddle their spineless children.
>>
File: over9000.png (19 KB, 865x158) Image search: [Google]
over9000.png
19 KB, 865x158
>>7120334
It's because of hipsters, the same insufferably cool pricks who line up at starbucks with their fashionable new ipods, on which they listen to mp3s and other hipster things. But they probably think it's because of the "superfoods" they eat like the new kale, or those disgusting new avocados.
>>
>>7120334
dont know. but if i had a guess, it would have to do with our tendancy to sear the outsides or freeze it fast to kill parasites
>>
File: get.jpg (66 KB, 600x898) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
66 KB, 600x898
>>7120334

because its fucking delicious

also, sushi is pretty good for you provided you stay away from the kinds involving cream cheese. Also, try to lay off the fish eggs. Too much salt.
>>
poorly cooked food is much more dangerous than raw food. if raw food is stored and handled properly it is perfectly safe, if it's got shit all over it and left out in the sun you might well be fucked.
>>
>>7120334
A rare steak is fine because the interior of the meat is sterile and the only part exposed to the air has been cooked
Sashimi I safe because the meat is so fresh it hasn't had time for bacterial growth
Youre welcome
>>
>>7120334
In short, because food isn't poisonous like we're often led to believe. Most food can safely be consumed uncooked. It's usually not as tasty or as easy to digest that way, but it won't automatically make you sick or kill you. The problem with raw meat, poultry, and fish that they can carry pathogens and parasites that also affect humans. This is possible...not probable. Also keep in mind that any ready to eat food can be contaminated by being stored improperly or exposed to contaminated stuff like hands, utensils, etc. Btw I am not a professional. I just read a few chapters in the servsafe manual.
>>
how do people eat raw oysters without mercury poison or getting parasites or getting sick?
>>
I'm always amazed at how my dog can drag a large chunk of a dead calf home from the pasture and eat on it without geting sick. (He's a very big dog.) The calf likely died a couple of weeks earlier and just sat out in the sun for a while.
>>
>>7121754

He also likes to crawl inside the slimy chest cavity. That's an unpleasant surprise when you pat him on the head and your hand is covered in slime as a result.
>>
>>7120388
Sashimi is safe because the fish is frozen, not because it is fresh.
>>
>>7121773
This. The only things in most fish used for sushi/sashimi that can really fuck you up are certain parasites that are killed by a proper freezing.
>>
>dont eat raw cookie dough u will die
>asians eat raw eggs for centuries
>>
Because you don't get sick from eating rare meat. You get sick from eating meat that is tainted, spoiled, or diseased.
>>
>>7120334

>muh well done steak with ketchup meme.

Yawn.
>>
>>7120373
Faggot stfu
>>
How do people eat cheese, which is just old milk mixed with germs?

How do people swallow tape worms and not feel any ill effects?

It's just the mystery of life OP.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.