[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chocolate BOYS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
What do you boys do for hot chocolate around here? Anyone make their own? How should I go about it?
>>
>>7119344
>milk
>dark chocolate, or better yet baking cocoa
>if cocoa a little bit of sugar
>cream
Heat, stir.
>>
File: 1312835064140.png (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1312835064140.png
21 KB, 500x500
>>7119344
i-i'm not a boy. i'm a m-man.
>>
>water and cocoa powder
>bit of milk

I also mostly use like one spoon of the stuff instead of three, I always found it way too sweet otherwise.
>>
Heat a mug full of whole milk in a saucepan. Add teaspoon of sugar and a shred of nutmeg. When it is steaming and starting to froth, drop 4 or 5 squares of a Lindt 85% chocolate bar in there. Slowly whisk until chocolate is melted, and then whisk faster and faster until the color turns nice chocolately brown.
>>
>>7119354
God that sounds rich. How much milk to cream?
>>
I just melt regular dark chocolate in a 1:1 mixture of half-and-half and skimmed milk. Why half-and-half and skimmed? Because wholefat milk doesn't have enough fat and half-and-half has too much.
Mixing 11% fat half-and-half with 0% fat skimmed gets just the right amount of fat for the most delicious hot chocomuhlate.
Then sweeten further, if/as desired.
>>
>>7119366
>that sounds rich
Fuck yeah it is. I only make it right before I go out shovelling in the winter and it keeps me warm and full the whole time. Great shit.
I make it a mug at a time so I don't know the proper measurements, but it's mostly milk, with cream to cool it a touch to gulping temperature.
>>7119368
This man is a genius.
>>
File: guerrero.jpg (81 KB, 404x396) Image search: [Google]
guerrero.jpg
81 KB, 404x396
>>7119344
>wake up in the morning
>have slaves bring me xoclatl
>burns so good
>go up to the temple and tear out the heart of a few slaves in thanks to the sun god.

In all seriousness...

Pan 1:

In a double boiler melt half a bar of dark chocolate with a bit of butter

Pan 2:

>Add a bit of butter, 3 crushed cardamon pods, a halved habanero, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook until aromatic while stirring.

>Add 2 cups of water (or I sometimes use coffee) and simmer on low for 15 min.

>Whisk in chocolate and serve hot or cold.
>>
>>7119365

i've always been wary of adding straight chocolate to a hot liquid.

doesn't the cocoa butter and water repel each other?

or can they actually form a nice emulsion?
>>
12 oz water
2 tbsp coca powder
3 packets aspartame
1 spoonful of coffee-mate

boil cocoa powder in water, pour water into cup with aspartame and coffee-mate.

This is a guilt free super chocolaty drink that I have 4 times a day. Am I going to die?
>>
>>7119578
Aspertame will fuck you up m8.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.