[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like Ashkenazi food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: noahknishes620.jpg (91 KB, 620x416) Image search: [Google]
noahknishes620.jpg
91 KB, 620x416
Do you like Ashkenazi food?
>>
I've honestly never seen a knish outside NYC.

I'm technically Ashkenazi and have no clue what other foods are considered theirs, aside from Jewish deli type stuff, which is mostly pretty good.
>>
>jew food stolen from eastern europe

count me out
>>
>>7115683
a muslim and a jew walk into the white house...
>>
I like gefilite fish.

The local synagogue sometimes invites me to things so I can see what Judaism is all about (I'm not Jewish). They don't try to convert you or anything. The food is pretty, pretty good.
>>
File: louis_nice.jpg (11 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
louis_nice.jpg
11 KB, 300x200
>>7115685
>a muslim and a jew walk into the white house..
and President Trump says, "get the fuck out!"
>>
File: Mondoshowan.jpg (121 KB, 1650x782) Image search: [Google]
Mondoshowan.jpg
121 KB, 1650x782
>>7115683
>>
>>7115697
>trumptard

end yourself
>>
>>7115706
>ending yourself before President Trump gets the chance to make America great again
>>
File: louis_great.jpg (7 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
louis_great.jpg
7 KB, 190x265
>>7115709
>the chance to make America great again
>>
File: 1446749156329.jpg (74 KB, 525x404) Image search: [Google]
1446749156329.jpg
74 KB, 525x404
>>7115709
>>
>>7115775
It's a forgone conclusion, m8. Trump will not be stumped and your gravy train will be crashing into the mountain.
>>
>>7115775
why isn't Arizona included?
>>
>>7115825
it wasn't a state, yet.
>>
>>7116210
then why is west virginia, which split off to join the union?
>>
>>7115625
Very delicious stuff. I lived on Manhattan's Lower East Side for many years, so I had plenty of opportunities to try Ashkenazi food, at delis, appetizing stores, dairy restaurants and home cooking of my many Jewish neighbors. This cuisine is as much a part of the fabric of NYC food as Italian-American, sushi, ramen, Cantonese joints, Chinese-American, Caribbean Latino and the sadly declining Greek diner. Things you just take for granted, like a bagel and lox, a pastrami on rye or an all beef hot dog with mustard and kraut owe their popularity to Ashkenazi Jewish immigrants.

Even corned beef and cabbage, which we consider an Irish American thing shows the influence of Jewish immigrants. While Ireland was traditionally a major producer of corned beef most of it was sold to Britain. The Irish farmers subsisted on potatoes, but when they got here (because the potato crop failed) and encountered the corned beef brisket their Jewish neighbors were eating they adopted it as their own.

Even the rise in popularity (and low cost) of chicken as an everyday meat in America was partially a result of Jewish immigrants creating an increased demand for it.
>>
>>7116221
man, i dunno. I didn't make the map, I'm no cartographer. I was just giving one possible explanation.
>>
I make kasha varnishkes when I'm feeling homesick. Buckwheat is an underrated grain. I wish it would be the next meme grain so I can find it more easily.

Hanukkah is soon. I gotta think of what to make besides latkes.
>>
>>7116310

you can find buckwheat kasha at a lot of stores, as well as soba noodles.
>>
>>7115775
Isn't Trump from up north?
>>
>>7116314
The Bushes were from up North, too. It's not where you're from, it's where you're going.
>>
File: animetrump.jpg (78 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
animetrump.jpg
78 KB, 780x780
>>7115625

Some fantastic joins in Tel Aviv.

>>7115706
kek.

>>7116233
Tip me to a few Ashkenazi joins in the LES, plox!
>>
>>7115654
I live in NYC and eat knishes all the time, is this really the only place to get them? I figured it was a bagel or pizza type thing where NYC had the "real" versions and the rest of the country had the shitty cheap versions.
>>
>steal the cuisines of the everyone around you
>call it your own
Why are Jews such thieving bastards?
>>
>>7116409
Sammy's Romanian
Kossar's Bialays
Russ and Daughters Appetizing Foods
Russ and Daughters Cafe
Katz's Deli
Gus' Pickles
Moishe's Kosher Bakery
B&H Dairy Restaurant
Yonah Schimmel Knish Bakery
>>
>>7116418
If you don't have a homeland but you do have a strict set of dietary laws your cuisine becomes that of where you live modified to be in accordance with your laws. Jews went to lots of different places, so there are many varieties of Jewish cuisine. There's even Jewish Indian food, because some ended up in India.
>>
no i don't like Nazi food
>>
>walk into south Indian restaurant
>see kosher sign
>360 degrees and out the door
I don't eat apartheid food
Lucky they're all next to one another so I didn't have far to walk to find something morally acceptable
>>
I've only ever really had kugel because we make it every year for Thanksgiving and Xmas. We've always just called it noodle pudding. I didn't even know it was a Jewish thing.
>>
File: Ka95uXk.png (126 KB, 262x189) Image search: [Google]
Ka95uXk.png
126 KB, 262x189
>>7115777
trips confirm
>>
So is all their food stolen east euro food?
Because this is what it seems like.
>>
>>7115683

It looks like a firm squeeze would make him pop like a blood-swollen bedbug.
>>
>>7116439
>Sammy's Romanian

Schmaltz!
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.