[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Golden Corral Thanksgiving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 701x1047) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 701x1047
To all the alone, family-less, people on /ck/, I give you this request,

Please go to Golden Corral for Thanksgiving and report back to /ck/ what it's like. I need all the details and the full report. I'm so desperate to know what a Golden Coral Thanksgiving is like, and I believe a lot of folks on /ck/ would also like to know.

If anyone is interested, please post in this thread. Thank you.
>>
I wouldnt touch that menu with a 10ft pole. Just going to be scooter-americans and niggers there anyway
>>
File: 1439876925845.jpg (77 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1439876925845.jpg
77 KB, 680x453
>Pizza as a side dish
>>
>>7111767
>Golden Corral
Gavin, is that you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDBXm1w0UM
>>
I wonder what makes the 'Awesome Pot Roast' awesome...
>>
I love gc.
>>
Go to Cracker Barrel instead
>>
>>7111767
Find one of the fanciest hotel restaurants in your town that offers a Thanksgiving buffet spread, we'll worth the few extra bucks.
>>
File: jg-restaurant2.jpg (187 KB, 1600x700) Image search: [Google]
jg-restaurant2.jpg
187 KB, 1600x700
I somehow got on Jean Georges's forever alone list so every holiday I get an email that basically says "are you the loser we know you are? come here and eat at a restaurant for thanksgiving, you sad sack. we know you have nothing better to do"

This year I got a pity invite from a friend that I talk to like twice a year, but one of these years I'm gonna do the restaurant thing.
>>
>>7111767
Know someone that has gone to one in PA on Thanksgiving about 3 years ago. The family doesn't cook, so Golden Corral won the lottery that year. The place with filled with blacks, old people, and white trash. Mostly blacks. It was a shitty experience apparently.
>>
>awesome pot roast
>>
>having pork, beef, chicken, and seafood
>>
>>7111778
The kids need something to eat favgot
>>
File: 1348430121357.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1348430121357.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>I'm so desperate to know what a Golden Coral Thanksgiving is like
>but i won't go myself
>>
>>7112577
Because I'm not a forever alone and I have family, dipshit.
>>
>>7112015
Alot of rich families that don't love eachother do that for Thanksgiving
>>
>>7112868
you're getting real defensive

it's okay just say you are a fucking loser with nobody that loves you
>>
My redneck-ass family decided to go this year, just got back a few hours ago.

>fat rednecks everywhere
>the most crowded I've ever seen it
>15 minute line to get to the "main dish" section
>every table completely full of loud families
>children screaming in delight at the chocolate fountain
>sad wet bland Thanksgiving staples
>dry undersalted Turkey
>ham was OK, ridiculously sweet

Pretty unremarkable, although the line to get in was going out the door by the time I left.
>>
>>7111767
It actually wasn't that bad. The turkey was juicier than when my mom made it, the sides were ok minus the overly lumpy mashed potatoes, as per usual the real star was the corn bread stuffing and it was full of other people with no family or my fellow 'nofams' as I call them. Met a few people, talked, exchanged info. Honestly this has been the first time I've felt like I actually connected with people in years and I may have even made a few friends. food was 6/10 experience was a solid 8/10, good time would do it again
>>
>tfw the first ~13 years of my life my shitty white trash family went to a thanksgiving buffet every year
>then we started going to my aunt's in rural VA
>pretty good
>grow up and become a drug addict
>estranged from family
>alone on thanksgiving
>having leftover pasta tonight

feels horrible
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.