[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thanksgiving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
What thanksgiving food are you most excited for? Whats your favorite? Mine is probably corn pudding.
>>
>>7109529

Roast.

I hate turkey.
>>
>>7109533
i agree, turkey is really gross at least in my experience.
>>
Turkey breasts, basted in white wine and butter

Sourdough sage, sausage and pear dressing.

Oven roasted asparagus with cream, sherry sauce.
>>
File: Broccoli-Cheese-Rice-Casserole.jpg (187 KB, 475x640) Image search: [Google]
Broccoli-Cheese-Rice-Casserole.jpg
187 KB, 475x640
this
>>
Made crack pie for the first time. I'm pretty excited about that. Just worried it will be too sweet.
>>
File: deviled eggs.png (282 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
deviled eggs.png
282 KB, 380x380
Deviled eggs
>>
Stuffing, hate most thanksgiving food desu, but then again i hate thanksgiving.
>>
Is thawing a turkey at room temperature really that dangerous? It's not like I'm going to eat it raw.
>>
Green bean casserole.

I'm actually going to get started making mine here in a couple of hours or so. That and some potato rolls.
>>
>>7109828
never cooked a turkey, but my grandmother is thawing it at room temp as we speak, so i dont think so.
>>
>>7109860
love that shit
>>
>>7109860
This and mashed potatoes/gravy. All else is mediocre at best. Meat just takes up precious room for starches.
>>
My favorite Thanksgiving meal is the leftover sandwich on friday.

Turkey. Some mashed potatoes and gravy. Stuffing. Carrots. Cranberry sauce.
>>
>>7109860
My nigga
Hope you're not using canned green beans, my mother in law uses canned green beans AND melts American Cheese slices on top... It's terrible and makes the onions all soggy.
Kind of why I started making my own to bring honestly. Saves her making it and I get to make it how I like it.
>>
My mom makes some pretty good mac and cheese. Green bean casserole is good but heavily dependent on quality of ingredients.
>>
>>7109880
>canned green beans

Fuck no. I'm actually using frozen green beans for mine because I can't be bothered to clean and cut up 5 pounds of fresh green beans since I'm making a big ass 9x13 pan of it to take to a friend's house.

I usually chop up and cook some bacon till crispy, drain it. Saute some sliced mushrooms in the bacon grease with some chopped onion, fresh thyme and garlic, then make a cream sauce with some sharp cheddar, technically a mornay I suppose. Mix it all together with the green beans and dump it in the pan, top with buttered panko and into the oven it goes until it's cooked and the top is brown and crispy.
>>
>>7109879
oh god some turkey and cranberry sauce in a roll with a little mayo, fuck me i cant wait
>>
>>7109529
Cornbread dressing mang!
>>
I just put in a pumpkin pie, a chocolate crust pumpkin pie, and an apple pie in the oven.

Then I cleaned my big mess up.

Who /prepping/ here?
>>
>>7110394
I got my green beans and almonds blanched and ready to go, turkey was seasoned two days ago and has now been uncovered so the skin will dry overnight, about to make the dough for rolls in a few minutes.
>>
File: 1436543783839.jpg (42 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
1436543783839.jpg
42 KB, 411x411
>>7109529
>sweet potato casserole with pecan crumb
>cornbread stuffing with gravy
>Parkerhouse rolls
>mashed potatoes with brown butter, garlic, and rosemary
>corn pudding
>turkey legs and wings
>green beans with hambones
>mac and cheese
>sweet potato pie with whipped cream
>a bit of banana pudding

who /itis/ here?
>>
File: this.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
this.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>7109721
>>
probably getting head again from my cousin in the bathroom after he's had too much wine.
>>
File: 1313431735252.jpg (712 KB, 2418x1657) Image search: [Google]
1313431735252.jpg
712 KB, 2418x1657
I baked five pies because I have three places to go (divorced parents and my wife's family).

2 pumpkin
1 cherry
1 black berry
1 apple

So I'm eatin' some pie.
>>
>>7109879
Dude, are you trying to edge me?
>>
>>7109777
>eat like 50 of these at church one day
>get gas really bad
>oh god feel like stomach is going to explode
>go to bathroom
>floodgates of the hoover dam open up from my ass
>smell is horrible
>God the smell is so fucking bad
>grandpa comes knocking on the door
>Omg I don't want him to smell it
>can't flush the toilet cause I plugged it
>freaking out
>light a match to get the smell to go away
>doesn't work so I throw them in the trash and climb out the window
>matches light church on fire
>church burns to the ground
>everyone blames grandpa and they arrest him

It was a bad thanksgiving
>>
>>7109542
>>7109533
brining a turkey as we speak
tomorrow im going to serve it with cornbread and sausage dressing, mashed potato, baked mac n cheese and green bean casserole. ya'll niggas pleb
>>
>>7110617
koth
>>
Do Native Americans celebrate thanksgiving too?
>>
>>7110626
good work detective
>>
>>7110631
They probably would if they weren't extinct.
>>
>>7110632
>doesn't know how to into OC
>plagiarizes
>>
>>7109721
Does anyone have a good recipe for this? I'm thinking about making some for the senpais. Can always just look it up though.
>>
I'm stupid and just bust a nut over basic pumpkin or sweet potato pie, heavy on the spices.
>>
Turkey wings.

Don't care for breasts.

Turkey thighs are alright, but not as good as chicken thighs.

Legs are good, but not as awesome as wings.

Necks is great too.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.