[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, /lit/ here, have an opportunity of a lifetime here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: spaghetti.jpg (298 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti.jpg
298 KB, 1280x960
Hey guys, /lit/ here, have an opportunity of a lifetime here to intern at a publishing house and the focus for my work there will be on cookbooks.

If you had to write a cover letter and mention in just a few brief sentences that you have an interest in food, how would you say it?
>>
File: 1446691698960.jpg (177 KB, 600x756) Image search: [Google]
1446691698960.jpg
177 KB, 600x756
i liek food
>>
>>7102802
Attach that picture.
>>
>>7102809
no room for pics. I have 3 brief paragraphs to say how I am more passionate/interested in the job than any other candidates and also know food
>>
File: 1348507938822.jpg (33 KB, 538x399) Image search: [Google]
1348507938822.jpg
33 KB, 538x399
You sound like a working class chump. I bet you thought it would be a great "investment", how you would wake up to a warm, healthy breakfast to start off your long day. Maybe, you even had a couple thoughts about all the other nifty little uses you could find for the thing, how it would help you cook healthier meals in general, shed a couple pounds off the old gut, boost your confidence around work and with the ladies. Yeah, maybe that slow cooker would start your life cooking again, wouldn't it? I can see your strained hands holding the box and reading through it carefully at the store. A little bit pricey, but you're the type of guy who thinks everything is more than you can spend, aren't you. And look what happened to you. Look what the slow cooker did to you. Fucked you over, and made you clean it like a useless bitch. You don't even fucking like oatmeal. Piece of shit, you've been repeating those three words your whole life, haven't you. Yeah, how was work after that piece of shit fucked you over? I bet it was on your mind the whole day, you probably didn't say shit to nobody. Can't be telling people about your mistakes. How your little fix yourself plan, failed you. Don't want people to start thinking you're the failure. You're the piece of shit, all along. You don't want that do you? You don't want to be the piece of shit everybody secretly whispers about, do you? Was your father a piece of shit like you? I bet he never had a slow cooker. He had a woman, a house, a damn good job. I bet it's slow cooking you the fuck alive, isn't it. Comparing yourself to him. How one day when all the steam runs our of your life, you'll discover how you're nothing more than burnt shit to be scrapped off and thrown in the trash.
>>
File: 1439888638069.jpg (39 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1439888638069.jpg
39 KB, 360x480
>>7102844
i just spat my fucking drink everywhere
>>
>>7102802
Do you really know nothing about food? And you say you're /lit/ but you don't know how to fudge an "essay?"

Dude come on... Just write about how Grandma ______ was ALWAYS cooking in the kitchen and baking bread and pies and now that she's passed you miss it. You then took it upon yourself to want to rise above eating out and ordering take out and missed the quality of a good homecooked meal and the NOSTALGIA it brings you.

Now you bullshit a bit about how you started easy (simple pasta dishes, breakfasts etc...) and now you're making your own pasta dough FROM SCRATCH and have invested in a nice grill and are learning how to sear meat and let it rest and then slice it up.

Throw some shit in about how you enjoy cuisines from around the world and are now starting to dabble in Asian, Mexican, Spanish, French, etc etc... and are looking forward to helping people build a good amount of knowledge.

Come on man. I'm in the world of Finance and I can write that stuff easy as pie.
>>
>>7102856

Why? It wasn't funny the first time it was posted over a decade ago, and it's not funny now.
>>
food is good

me and my friend anthony went to Anthonies moms house and she made us hotdogs then we ride bikes together
>>
>>7102862
is this common pasta? i have literally never read this before

and tbqh i found it hilarious
>>
>>7102866
>is this common pasta?

Yes.
>>
>>7102860
It's not that I'm not fully capable of doing this myself but typically when I have a piece of writing to fudge I steal resources, because they make it better, hence why I'm posting here.
>>
>>7102873
Also creating threads on 4chan is a fun way to pass time while I'm sitting in class, chill
>>
I think you should delete this thread.
>>
>>7102873
You're a fucking loser then. I wrote all my own shit and didn't resort to a Jap image board for help.

I hope you don't get the job and end up being a poor hipster who had "the man" fuck him over even though you enjoy a media outlet that is far outdated.

Disregard my previous post. I wanted to help but now I don't. Go suck a dildo and microwave some ramen.
>>
>>7102888
Maybe see a therapist about your rage? 100% serious, it's quite pathetic that a post on an imageboard got you so angry.

The CL is already written, was just testing the waters to see if someone has a funny soundbite about food, I'm not hinging on 4chan for a job position you retard
>>
File: feature_laughter_091409.jpg (34 KB, 472x315) Image search: [Google]
feature_laughter_091409.jpg
34 KB, 472x315
>>7102888
>being this butthurt
>>
>>7102915
Get out, just get out.
>>
>>7102928
>>7102887
>>7102888
samefag alert
>>
>>7102931
I don't think you know what that word means. You should try lurking a bit before you post.

There is nothing to say those three posts are trying to be different people. I made 2 of those posts.
>>
>>7102937
I made the other post. I was gonna screenshot and prove him wrong but I decided to use my time elsewhere. Glad you and I agree though.

And yes, >>7102931
lurk moar
>>
>>7102802
I've worked for a publishing house for four years, first thing is never intern, then you look a sucker working for free. If it's a for profit company then you should be paid for your work.

Second thing is don't take shit from assholes.
>>
>>7102802
On a slightly jollier note, if the publishing house isn't in NYC then it doesn't matter, don't intern aka work for free for them under any circumstances, and don't think that's it's the CHANCE OF A LIFETIME. Trust me, other chances come along, especially if you know what you're doing and aren't a suckup.
>>
>>7102954
>Second thing is don't take shit from assholes.
As you can see from the pathetic limp-dicked rage in this thread I don't.

It's a paid internship. Won't be a lot, but with an English major you gotta get your foot in some doors somehow. Also I might just not have to do my final semester of uni if I'm working at this instead because it's through the uni so it's not a bad deal.

How'd you get your position?

>>7102973
Chance of lifetime just means I'm excited to be doing something with my degree. Chance of the half year maybe.

The publishing press is not in New York but it's with Penguin, who are a bretty big deal in the publishing world
>>
>>7102802
I luv mah chikken tendies
>>
>>7102866
all pasta is common; it's what makes it pasta
>>
>>7102982
I know what Penguin Press is, they publish shit about sasquatch and space aliens. Here's one...

The Good Gut by Justin and Erica Sonnenburg

It's hippy bullshit, no wonder they want you to work for free.
>>
>>7102982
Cheers man, even if it's Penguin press it's a start.
>>
>>7102982
Here's a good movie for you, it's more true than you know.

Head Office, it just so happens that the full version is on youtube. It's interesting how that works out sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAVXp1oGjHA
>>
>>7103274
what
>>
>>7103341
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.