[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything wrong with eating alone in a restaurant? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: BtisBUUIIAEBRQg.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
BtisBUUIIAEBRQg.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
Is there anything wrong with eating alone in a restaurant? I don't leave the house a lot but on my commute from and to school I often go through chinatown and I was wondering if people would think I was strange if I went into one of their bun shops. Scruffy NEET-looking guy by the way.
>>
>>7098001
Nobody will give a shit in a Chinatown, just get your buns, eat them and leave like everyone else does.
>>
>>7098001
It's fine to go out and eat alone. Anyone who says different has never had to drive all night from one job sight to another or worked on a deadline sensitive project from sunup to sundown and needed food with minimal effort. Sometimes you just need food pronto. Going to a hash house doesn't have to be some big heavily planned social ordeal.
>>
i eat alone often

its normal

as a cook, i can tell you we get a lot of tickets with one order- 1 person at the table
>>
>>7098001
That >>7098004 said if you pull out a stupid "smart" phone or laptop and not pay attention to why you're there in the first place while they have people in line you'll piss them off.
>>
What's the fucking point. I go out to eat solely because other people are going to eat with me, it's a social event and the food tastes better when I'm surrounded by people that don't hate me. If I I'm alone I might as well just eat at my house and wallow in self pity like I usually do.
>>
>>7098009
It's not one or the other, sometimes you're alone sometimes with someone else, sometimes with others, so what, you're there to eat not to be seen like some hollywood freakjob.
>>
only girls think it's weird, and that's only because girls are overly conscious of social situations. lots of guys do it and dgaf
>>
Thanks guys you really made me feel better I'm going to do it I'm really going to do it
>>
>>7098110
whatever faggot, go play in traffic after you've stuffed your fat ugly face
>>
Depends on the quality and type of restaurant.

No one gives a shit if you go to Denny's by yourself at 2 in the morning, but don't walk into Alinea by yourself at 7 PM on a Friday night and not expect a few odd looks.
>>
Nothing at all wrong with doing shit by yourself. It's called being independent and it's uncommon because most people are too afraid to do anything alone.
That being said, get a bar seat if possible. Having a whole table to yourself does look weird.
>>
Nah I often just sit at the bar to eat. Or if its during breakfast or lunch time no one thinks twice. The one time people really judge is at dinner time but fuck em tbhfam
>>
>>7098009
you feel that way because you're a pathetic loser with no confidence or self esteem, but that really is not the norm despite what your years of frogposting on /r9k/ tells you

regular people eat out alone all the time and enjoy it
>>
>>7098115
kill yourself. don't fucking talk like that to someone who's asking for help and advice.
>>
>>7098942
You're so pathetic you have to be told it's okay to eat alone before you can do it? Seriously, asking for help is fine, but this crosses a line.
>>
File: 1347530250532.jpg (87 KB, 621x444) Image search: [Google]
1347530250532.jpg
87 KB, 621x444
>go to a restaurant alone as an elderly man
>now instantly on 15 girls facebook feeds

I feel bad, not because he's alone but because people take pictures of old people eating alone like they are some animal in the zoo. I can't stand it.
>>
When eating alone, I always take something to work on or to read.

A few months ago I hadn't eaten lunch and had to go to the next town shortly before 5 pm. Since I was there and I had a clipboard with some work I could do while I ate, I went into a restaurant there that I had never been in. When I walked in, they took one look at my clipboard and thought I was the health inspector!

I've been in there once since. The second time I had the same clipboard but I had a copy of The Economist clipped to it. The waitress took one look at me with the clipboard with some kind of reading material attached and thought I was a salesman!

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to one woman who had recently sold her restaurant down the street. When I told her about those two incidents at the restaurant in the next town, she said that she told her employees that any time someone walked in with a clipboard to get busy cleaning something.
>>
If you're a guy I think eating alone is acceptable at any restaurant.

If youre a grill then I'd saying eating alone at any sit down restaurant is loser tier.

Like, if you are a chick and you cant get at least 1 person to go with you to a cocktail bar/lounge/tapas place, thats just sad, where as a guy you can go, sit at the bar, read a newspaper have a drink and order some food and no one will really question it.

"Hey that guy probably just got off work, its friday and he wants some good food to eat before he goes home" vs "Wow look at her, friday night and she can't even get a date or a friend"
>>
Sometimes I like to enjoy my drinks, dinner, and thoughts alone. I've never thought anything of it. I've had a couple of friends tell me it's odd because I do it a couple times a week.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.