[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /ck/ celebrate thanksgiving? How can you not understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Why does /ck/ celebrate thanksgiving?

How can you not understand its such a filler holiday? We've conditioned ourselves to believing we need to dedicate a holiday to stuffing turkey and ham into our mouths

Why would anyone glorify a holiday about obesity and overconsumption. Shit like this is the reason we try to get to Christmas as fast we can.
>>
1. The food is amazing and it's always fun to prepare dishes as a family
2. It's a great excuse to drink from Wednesday night through Sunday evening without reproach
3. Football, football, football
>>
>>7095765

>he still watches football
>in 2015

Why? There are some excellent hockey games on right now

>inb4 Canadian sports
>>
>>7095759
Because it's fun you dumb bitch, are the moron that posts /b with the little girl asking why for everything all the time or are you just the dumb frog poster or are you both the same?
>>
>>7095759
If it were just up to me I wouldn't bother with Thanksgiving. Not a fan of the meal, and I'm kind of grossed out by the idea of an American holiday devoted to gluttony.

But my family celebrates it. My parents are old, my siblings have their own families, and Thanksgiving is an excuse to get the family together, which doesn't happen that often. My family all gets along with each other, so I'll take the excuse to see them.

I have no interest in the meal or watching football, but I like seeing my family. Once mom and dad are gone (which is likely to be in a few years) I won't bother with it anymore. Until then I'll enjoy being with my family at Thanksgiving, even though I think it's a bullshit holiday.
>>
i love /ck/ during thanksgiving because all these massive fat-asses post pics of their failed kitchen abortions. its good fun.
>>
>why do you eat good food with family and friends, some of whom you only see once a year?
idunnolol
>>
I think that it's funny that so many of you anons come across as real curmudgeonly sacks of shit. You come across as the types that make excuses for daesh and vote for obama.
>>
File: 1024px-Thanksgiving_1918.jpg (156 KB, 1024x767) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Thanksgiving_1918.jpg
156 KB, 1024x767
It's not supposed to be about overconsumption. It's supposed to be about having a good meal with family and spending some time thinking about the good things in your life, even if you may not have loads of money. It's as relevant today as it was when the majority of families were agrarian. If you want to make it about shoving as much food into your gullet as humanly possible or the genocide of the Native Americans or just a way to kill some time before Black Friday, that's on you.
>>
>>7095759
>implying anyone would need conditioning to eat fucking ham
>lamenting the "glorification" of ancient feasting days

Christmasfags pls go
>>
>>7095759
I'm sorry I like to have another excuse to be with friends and family :^)
>>
>Shit like this is the reason we try to get to Christmas

But anon, we stuff our fat faces with turkey and ham on Christmas, too.
>>
>>7095849
Fuck that. I stuff my fat face with prime rib on Christmas.
>>
>>7095821
>I think that it's funny that so many of you anons come across as real curmudgeonly sacks of shit.
We're asked to take plenty of bullshit narratives at face value, and Thanksgiving is a great example. Taken as an excuse to get the family together, have a meal, give thanks for what you have, whether it's a little or a lot and watch some TV (Macy's parade, football) it's lovely.

But if you look at the myth underpinning the holiday - the Puritans having a jolly time with the native Americans over plates of turkey? That's a pretty know-nothing whitewash of some really ugly shit in American history. It's borderline insulting to anyone who has studied history. But, you know, you're not supposed to think about anything that might make the past seem less than rosy. That would be unpatriotic.
>>
>>7095880
I don't accept that, I went to public HS in NYC and I was taught to never take anything at face value. That's why I know that obama and clinton and the new york times are so full of shit.

Some times things are fun, nobody's making you worship something... are you really that stupid or were you in or are some in a cult?
>>
>>7095970
>were you in or are some in a cult?
Raised Catholic, which kind of leaves a chip on your shoulder about lies being told to you that you're supposed to just go along with...
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x250
OP doesn't have a family or anyone that wants him around on the holidays, kek.
>>
>>7095880
The family together lovely time thing is bullshit too. My family might as well all be strangers. Family dinners are an awkward farce
>>
>>7095979
LOTL, I'm WASP from NYC. Your Catholic shit is only good for "how many kiddies did your priest touch last night."
>>
>>7096022
kek, I thought the same.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.