[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
breakfast thread what's the best thing to get at the usual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10
breakfast thread

what's the best thing to get at the usual breakfast restaurant?
>>
I prefer to get fried potatoes with a mix of meats, eggs and cheese, and some kind of sauce on top of it all.
>>
File: 1241169686405.gif (4 KB, 182x195) Image search: [Google]
1241169686405.gif
4 KB, 182x195
>>7092871
A nice amount of PLEB.

Because you are what you eat. A pleb.
>>
>>7092871
Double meat half pound cheese burger with large tater tots and an ocean breeze dr pepper
>>
Pancakes and potatoes.
>>
>>7092871
Steak or chicken fried steak
Eggs
Hash browns
Toast and jam
Coffee
Water
>>
I like biscuits and gravy. I also like pancakes, but usually can't finish them.

Also, sometimes there's nothing better than a bowl of oatmeal.

Although, lately I've just been eating 1000 calories a day of less, so I rarely eat breakfast.
>>
Biscuits and gravy with hash browns, eggs, and coffee.
>>
File: tumblr_nuw3z3iy7e1uankono1_500.png (244 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuw3z3iy7e1uankono1_500.png
244 KB, 500x378
>>7092934
My bro, you have quality taste.
>>
>>7092871
Eggs scrambled in lots of butter, as chopped jalapeño
Stewed pinto beans
Serve with warmed flour tortillas and salsa brava on the side
Mug of coffe with a bit of whiskey too
>>
File: P1010718.jpg (136 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
P1010718.jpg
136 KB, 1024x768
Runny fried eggs and grits.
>>
Crispy corned beef hash with fried egg on top, grits, biscuits or rye toast. Black coffee.
>>
>>7092977
why are runny fried eggs so good?

theyre immeasurably tastier than well-done
>>
>>7092977
god damn I'm going to the store right now, I need grits in my life
>>
>>7092988
There are many food hangups which, while I don't have, I can totally understand. But one thing I will never understand or tolerate, is people who hate runny egg yolk. These people hate civilization and they should be cast into the sea.
>>
>>7092988
egg yolk is the best sauce in the world
>>
>>7092972
*add chopped jalapeño
>>
>>7092996
>These people hate civilization and they should be cast into the sea.
I like your style. You would get my vote if you allowed me a vote.
>>
>>7092972
I had to look up what salsa brava is. Sounds pretty boss.

As for breakfast I like anything that doesn't have pancakes or waffles. I don't care for them.
>>
>>7093021
>I like anything that doesn't have pancakes or waffles
you are worse than Hitler, much worse
>>
i just get a big bowl of grits with cheddar cheese and lots of butter
>>
Toasted onion bagel with cream cheese and nova lox. Sliced tomato and black coffee.
>>
Steak
Corned beef hash
Bacon
Scrambled eggs
Toast
Juice
>>
My go to is almost always an omelet with country potatoes.

Depends on what they have on the menus but I love spinach and mushrooms on it with what ever pig parts I'm in the mood for that day. Top that bastard off with some jack cheese and I'm done.
>>
File: 1389955372709.jpg (35 KB, 599x317) Image search: [Google]
1389955372709.jpg
35 KB, 599x317
2 eggs over easy
bacon or sausage
buttered rye toast
hash browns
chocolate milk
>>
If it's a good restaurant, Eggs Benedict of some sort.
>>
>>7092871

If it's a place worth eating at, they'll have huevos rancheros on the menu. Get it. With corn tortillas.
>>
>>7093242
I can never put my finger on it but I hate corn tortillas. Most other things I can switch to the less bad for you alternative no problem but not with tortillas.
>>
File: IMAG0050[1].jpg (2 MB, 2368x4208) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0050[1].jpg
2 MB, 2368x4208
My first crack at a french omelet, it was tasty. I watched the Julia Childs yt clip a few times, shit's easy af m9s
>>
>>7093251
Have you had a real corn tortilla, or one of those shitty stale ones you get at the supermarket?
>>
File: hitlerdidsomethingright.jpg (42 KB, 709x498) Image search: [Google]
hitlerdidsomethingright.jpg
42 KB, 709x498
>>7092977
>>
>>7092871
Big meat based omelet or all the biscuits and gravy they have.
>>
>>7093242
this is always good

also, any good breakfast place should have some combination of egg/hash or potato/meat

coddled egg+hash+bacon/sausage paired with toast/crumpet+jam and a nice cup of coffee
that is my favorite breakfast
>>
If I'm in the mood for something sweet, waffles with strawberries, maple syrup, and whipped cream.

If I'm in the mood for something heavy, Taylor ham and scrambled eggs with hashbrowns, possibly a buttered and jammed English muffin.

If I'm in the mood for something relatively light, Raisin Bran in almond milk.
>>
Eggs Benedict.
>>
File: steak and eggs.png (216 KB, 430x267) Image search: [Google]
steak and eggs.png
216 KB, 430x267
>>
I once planned to try and live off of breakfast food exclusively. There's this restaurant that makes this huge as fuck plate of everything (egg bread meat fruits dairy etc.) and it would basically cost me 70$ a week to support that lifestyle. The plate is so big I can bring some of the meat home for later since the plate fills me up for a good 7 hours. I checked on the internet and the median cost for a week of food was just a little under that. What's great is if you factor in the time you don't lose shopping, buying, cooking and cleaning dishes...Might be worth it.

Just imagine if it would work (probably too much fat and stuff though but hey, wouldn't it be great).
>>
got eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms ready for tomorrow morning hyped desu
>>
File: 1432348469224.png (790 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1432348469224.png
790 KB, 792x792
>>7094850
"Steak" also, not getting the all the way hash browns
>>
>>7092871
I normally don't have time but at my place we always eat big sandwiches with ham, salad, tomatoes and onions
Sometimes scrambled eggs with sausages and onions
>>
File: 1318322399072.png (166 KB, 296x442) Image search: [Google]
1318322399072.png
166 KB, 296x442
>>7094375
>>
the breakfast place i like has this hash which is fucking glorious
its various meats, i always go for chorizo which isnt strictly on the menu but they have it, potatoes, peppers and some other shit i cant remember, 2 fried eggs, and hollandaise
its a fucking heart attack waiting to happen but so good
>>
>>7092996
My 3 best friends who are brothers fry eggs so much that the yolk is all hard and the egg white is 50% black, thats how they like it.
Any time i see them do that i wanna slap the shit out of them.
>>
>>7094701
Moods are for women and children.
Which are you?
>>
Any kind of mixed American-style breakfast plate: eggs (fried, over-easy), hash browns/home fries, bacon, sausage, toast, whatever.

No pancakes, though. Pancakes are a weird food that I can suddenly and without warning no longer want to eat mid-meal even if I was really hungry and really wanted pancakes... Can't risk that in a restaurant.
>>
>>7092996
How a person hate a food coming with a pre-package condiment right there ready to pop open and apply as needed I will never know.
>>
>Steak in the morning
>Being this fat
>>
>>7096382
Ha! Good one. Totally agree.
>>
>>7096416
>no steak for breakfast
>being this dainty and fragile
>>
>>7092983
This man is clearly a heavy drinker.
Game recognize game.
>>
>>7092871
Breakfast platters. Place near me makes their own bacon and sausage. 12 bucks gets you a plate with 3 oatmeal griddlecakes, 2 slabs of crisp bacon that are more like crisp pork steaks, 2 patties of nicely seared sausage, 2 eggs, a biscuit with jam and butter. I've been to english restaurants that serve full monties or whatever they're called. Shit's cash. Really the only reason to get out of bed and make yourself presentable and haul over to a restaurant for breakfast is if you're coming off a long night of drinking and you need to get a plate of food that would be too many dishes and too many things to monitor that early in the morning.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.