[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
burnout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: skynet is real.gif (402 KB, 479x270) Image search: [Google]
skynet is real.gif
402 KB, 479x270
/ck/ I need help, I've been working as a cook for over a year now and I sill love cooking and making food, but as soon as I get to work I'm just so burnt out and sick of cooking for ungrateful shits that I just want to quit and give up. How do I rekindle my passion for this job?
>>
>>7091881
Buddy its like that 90% of the kitchens you work. If after a year you feel burnt out either find a new career path, force yourself to learn in many different kitchens and cuisines hone your fundamentals and find a more cushy job. Personal chefs, chefs for yatchts, catering. All of which you can make s closer relationship with the people eating your food which I turn will remove everything in between you making food and your customer eating the food. These jobs also pay well.
>>
drugs and alcohol buddy
>>
Hit on the waitresses. Works for me.
>>
>>7091881
>cooking for ungrateful shits
daily reminder that you're not doing anybody any favours because they are paying for your service. just shut and do your job.

and do it well because when people pay for a product or service they expect to get what they paid for. if not they complain.
>>
>>7091881
do you do it for free?
>>
>slave away in the kitchen making great food for ungrateful guests
>The waitresses getting tipped more than I earn just for smiling and carrying food back and forth

And that's when I quit my job as a chef and became a waiter
>>
>>7092006
>>7092007

/thread
>>
I burned out of kitchen work like six years ago. For nearly a year I didn't eat anything that couldn't be microwaved or eaten straight from the can. It was killing me, the alcohol abuse, the weird sex, the hours were all combining to seriously impact the quality of my life. I got an ulcer at fucking twenty one.

I wish I could tell you to keep it up, OP. I wish I could say this feeling passes and you will get better. However, I nearly killed myself, and leaving the kitchen for literally anything else was the best idea I have ever had.

Also the pay in kitchens is shit. Why slave for barely over minimum wage? Not worth it.
>>
>>7092331
>I nearly killed myself

Boo hoo
>>
>>7092333
Not looking for sympathy, tripsman.
Doesn't make kitchen work any better, faggot.
>>
>>7091881
>>7092331

Whelp, guess you should have gone to college and becomes a useful contributing member of society. Now shut up and go make me/bring me a sammich.
>>
>>7091881

start sending out resumes and staging at new places.. get a different job, man.
>>
File: 1439302640640.png (848 KB, 2192x1856) Image search: [Google]
1439302640640.png
848 KB, 2192x1856
get back to work you wageslave kek!
my welfarebux and video games ain't gonna pay for themselves.
NEET master race, bitches!
>>
spit in people's food
>>
File: 1447110786111.jpg (882 KB, 966x3054) Image search: [Google]
1447110786111.jpg
882 KB, 966x3054
>>7092550
>>
>>7092331
>the weird sex
Tell me more.
>>
>>7091896
Yacht Chef would be awesome.

- not a lot of people to cook for
- high pay
- see the world

sounds great.
>>
Maybe you ought to ask on cheftalk.com or kitchenknifeforums.com. Lots of professionals with years of experience there. A bunch of private chefs too IIRC.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.