[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 278x181
I order my hamburger "dry with lettuce tomato". So just meat, lettuce and tomato? Yes motherfucker shit.
>>
Maybe you should talk like a human being
>>
>I order my hamburger "dry with lettuce tomato"

well no shit people ask you to explain
>>
>>7090946
What's there to explain?
>>
>>7090974
tomato is wet
>>
>>7090974
Why autists are using the word dry
>>
>>7090974

when you speak like a caveman people will ask you to repeat yourself to ascertain whether or not you are a retard, they misheard or you just misspoke.
>>
>>7090980

oh and also what you mean by dry. do you mean overcook the patty or use no sauces or what.
>>
When some crackpot asks for something in a weird way you ask for clarification because those same crackpots will freak the fuck out and do insane shit if you mis-interpret their autism.
>>
>>7090921
Mayo is dry because it doesn't contain water
>>
Then what's the correct way to order a burger with only meat, lettuce, tomato?
>>
>>7090997

for a start learn the word 'and'. just say no condiments or toppings other than lettuce and tomato. that's actually clear.
>>
>>7090921

Why don't you like your burger wet?
>>
>>7090999
"No condiments" , lol I'm not saying that autistic bullshit
>>
>>7091002
Because it makes the burger nasty and slimy.
>>
>>7091005

i'm sorry but your original post sounds autistic on a far deeper level than the word 'condiments'
>>
>"can I get burger with lettuce and tomato only?"

That was hard
>>
>>7090921
just say "no sauce"
and then check it immediately after receiving it
>>
>>7091051
This desu senpai. You sound like a retard asking for it dry.
>>
>>7091092
But mayo, mustard are not really considered sauces.
>>
>>7090921
Sounds like the hamburger isn't the only dry thing in your life pal
>>
>>7091109

yes they are.
>>
>>7091112
No not really. A1 is considered a sauce.
>>
>>7091129

...does that discount mustard and mayo from being considered a sauce
>>
>>7090997
"plain"

I order plain all the time, and have never had a problem. Also, say the full word "hamburger" if you don't want a cheeseburger.
>>
>>7091140

plain with lettuce and tomato doesn't make sense. it is no longer plain if it has lettuce and tomato. 'just lettuce and tomato, nothing else' makes sense.
>>
I was at Hardees one time on a road trip. I said "Can I get the $5 big bag meal with two double cheeseburgers with just cheese on them" I took the order to our table and opened my first burger. It was a bun with a slice of cheese. That's it. No burger. Just a piece of cheese. Like you dumbass. If I wanted literally JUST CHEESE why even order a burger? I seriously lost all faith in any fast food worker that day. Yes I said "two double cheeseburgers with just cheese" but that assumes you still get the beef patties on it..not just cheese and nothing else.
>>
>>7091152
Eh, he probably thought you were retarded for ordering that.
>>
>>7091152

i really hope this actually happened
>>
>>7091158
It was a she and I guess she was super new because when I explained what happened she was like "You said just cheese. That's what you ordered. I didn't mess up" and the manager was looking like he was going to smack his own forehead for her stupidity.
>>
>>7091171
It's an easy mistake to make. I was in a restaurant when an American ordered a bowl of ice, sat their crunching it for like 20 minutes and then left a £20 tip and walked out. People order really weird shit.
>>
>>7090997
>a burger with only meat, lettuce, tomato
>>
>>7091178
I have done that but not at a restaurant. I go to gas stations and fill a cup with ice and it's free almost always.
>>
>>7091179
This almost always ends up with whatever condiment it comes with. Trust me, that's why I say dry. You guys are not familiar with the term "plain and dry"? Dry means no condiments and plain refers to no toppings...ie lettuce, tomato, etc.
>>
>>7091192
dry could also mean overcooked meat, no fresh veggies, ect. just say burger, just lettuce tomato, no condiments. faster than having to explain what dry means
>>
>>7090997
>Hi, I'm an actual socially functioning person that doesn't use outrageously stupid terms like "dry"

>May I please have a burger with lettuce and tomato
>>
>>7091224
You are likely to get one they think you want those added on to it and still give you every thing else. You have to use "no" or "without" or it will be there still. I've been proving that since the 70s. Pretend you are explaining what you want to a guinea pig and you should be okay.
>>
>>7091244
>I've been proving that since the 70s

Jesus wet you're old.
>>
>>7091244
The only time this has been an issue for me is drive thru places which I haven't had a burger from in almost a year

Even then I think they get the concept
>>
File: Sau8.gif (2 MB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
Sau8.gif
2 MB, 208x200
>>7090921
>dry
You're ordering a burger, not a drink
>>
I like my burgers with 30% relative humidity
>>
>>7091261
So what's the term "plain and dry" mean?
>>
>>7091109
They're sauces in fast food, nobody cares about the semantics of sauce. Just say no condiments if you're going to be autistic about it.
>>
I doubt you have ever worked in a restaurant taking orders, but having to deal with customers who claim you got their order wrong is absolutely irritating. The employee is only trying to verify what exactly you want so you are satisfied and they don't have to deal with you coming back and bitching.
>>
>>7091614
"No condiments" , lol I'm not saying that autistic bullshit
>>
>>7091641
This. Also screw regulars who order insane special versions of things and then name them after themselves and ask for it that way instead of telling the server what exactly they want. Yes this happens. I used to have this one guy who would always just say "I want the Ethanburger." And I didn't know what he was on about. Every time we got a new server or someone who hadn't had him before it would be like "I'm sorry sir, I don't know what that is. " "It's okay honey I get it all the time. " "Okay sir, can you tell me what's in it please? I want to make sure I'm bringing you what you want. " "It's okay just tell the cooks they know what it is." No. Fuck you. It was one of our specialty burgers with bbq sauce. Just say you want that burger with bbq sauce don't give it a different name and expect every server to know what you mean.
>>
>not everyone gets your plebian slang
>server could've just went away assuming you wanted the burger well done instead of bleeding
>brings you over cooked burger
>with a side of ketchup
>still woulda been pissed

whats wrong op?
I here if you need to talk
>>
I'm confused as to why everyone is ripping him for "dry", but nobody seems to have mentioned that he asked for a hybrid of lettuce and tomato.

Where the hell do people speak with this grammar? If I walked into McDonalds and asked for a burger milkshake, I'd sure as hell expect to be asked for clarification.
>>
>>7091253

Jesus dry, no lettuce tomato
>>
>>7092036
Because it's eminently clear that he wants lettuce and tomato on it, yet unclear precisely what he meant by "dry," and you're just being intentionally retarded?
>>
Anybody who makes special orders deserves their order to be fucked up. Just go somewhere which serves something you like or deal with the product you're given. Fucking picky eaters.
>>
>>7091005
>Gimme a burger, DRY, with lettuce and tomato.
>Sorry sir, what was that first thing?
>DRY
>Alright sir, a burger with lettuce and tomato. Would you like any ketchup or mustard with that-
>I SAID GIVE ME A DRY BURGER WHAT PART OF THAT DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND.

or

>Yeah, give me a burger with lettuce and tomato; no condiments, please.
>Okay sir, that's a burger with lettuce and tomato, no sauces.
>Yes.
>All right sir that'll be $x.xx you can pull up to the second window.
>>
>>7090974
>'hi can I have a burger with nothing on it except lettuce and tomato please?'
>'sure'

See it's not hard.
>>
>>7090921
At 5 guys i said hold the condiments.
Both people had no idea what a condiment was.
>>
>>7092157
Stay tuned for next week's installment of "Stories that Never Happened."
>>
>>7092054
>go to local restaurant
>my goto for food
>today nothing really catches my eye
>a combination of two items seems baller
>checkout person charges me double for one food item.

its like servers are completely and utterly devoid of critical thinking and basic empathy.
and honestly I can't wait till everyone of you are replaced by robots.
>>
>>7092160
I swear on my life. I was really confused and explained to them what it was.
>>
>>7092163
>>7092160
Also I live in Florida if that helps you believe me.
>>
>>7091192

It seems only you are familiar with the term "plain and dry" when it comes to ordering fast food. So don't go into full on sperg mode when the servers don't know what the fuck you mean either.
>>
>>7092021

Why not consistently serve Ethan the wrong burger then?
>>
>>7090921

> dry
> two wet ingredients

babby detected
>>
>>7092161

> order two items
> have to pay the price of those items

that sounds terrible, poor anon
>>
>>7092166
Nope, unless you're in one of the black neighborhoods
>>
>>7090921
what is that? Dry? Like what, a cocktail?
>>
>>7091024
>they serve you the burger without the meat, just lettuce and tomato

tipkok.
>>
>>7092638
>ask for a bacon egg and cheese bagel with nothing on it
>get a bagel with nothing on it
I blame myself.
>>
>>7092633
It means delivered in a way where the intent is humorous, but not the presentation. Also known as "Deadpan," it's kind of like the opposite of the slapstick or "mugging" humour of Jim Carrey and Robin Williams and more about what is said than how it's said. Much of Woody Allen's stuff is quite dry.

Myself, I prefer my burgers "melancholy with a twist of self-awareness, no lettuce."
>>
op is correct....i work at a fast food place and when someone orders what he said...."dry with lettuce and tomato".......hes getting the meat, lettuce and tomato...dry refers to no condiments.
>>
>>7091152
i've had that happen before. bread and cheese. fucking retarded teenage sons of bitches in those places.
>>
>>7092904
except that teenage retard has had someone order a cheeseburger with just cheese who got pissed off when their burger had meat on it. Both as a customer and as customer service drone, there's no winning cause it's all retards all the way down.
>>
>>7092492
Because then he would send it back and it would just waste everyone's time. One of the new girls got his Ethanburger wrong and he told her "This isn't an Ethanburger, tell the chef I would like an Ethanburger please. " He wouldn't tell her how she got it wrong or what he wanted so she had to run around and ask the rest of the staff when we were all busy until someone remembered his shit preferences and could tell her what he wanted.
>>
>>7093861
Ethan was a middle aged man who came in with his wife and she would always just shake her head and affectionately go "oh you! You love that burger!" to her enfuriating fat sack of a husband when he ordered. And these people don't stop coming even if you mess their food up every time. It's like they live for this.
>>
>>7092157

Maybe they thought it was a candy flavored condom.
>>
I always ask for 2 bottom buns, and for my lettuce to be in strips, and my tomato on the side, with an "x" of mustard. Plus so salt on fries, plus no ice in drink, plus 2 straws, plus cut it in half, plus.......
>>
>>7094012
I'd buy that using a third party out-of-town personal check with no I.D.
>>
>>7094037
Plus there must be a white person deliver it through the window.
>>
>>7090983
Not OP, but around here most waitstaff refer to a burger with no condiments as being dry.

I order mine dry with lettuce and onion. When I make my own I add avocado, spinach and Anaheim chilis.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.