[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do so that my quiche won't be runny in the middle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
What can I do so that my quiche won't be runny in the middle?
>>
Bake longer at a lower temperature
>>
Use less jizz, Mr. Yurop

you need to restrain yourself
>>
Start with room temp eggs, as well as the other fillings.
>>
>>7087739
What about the crust? Should I prebake that or bake it along with the filling?
>>
>>7087799
Pre-bake it.
>>
if you're using a very wet filling, then always blind bake beforehand

i also usually brush egg into the bottom of the crust to make it watertight too, and bake that for a couple of mins to seal it

for quiche, don't cook any higher than 150C and just keep an eye on it until there's just the slightest bit of wobble left in the filling, then take it out the oven, which can easily take 45mins or longer
>>
I seriously wanted to be an asshole in this thread, but I thought better of it. Yeah, so, prebake your crust after poking holes in it/using a weight (which can be lyma beans in tin foil if you don't have a weight). Then cook your quiche at a lower temperature for a bit longer. Take it out when a fork comes out clean after prodding it in the centre.

I absolutely love cooking. Being a cook, being a chef... It's my life, and it's a life I am proud of... But I can see myself becoming more and more of an asshole. Christ, I can't even relate to regular people unless we've all had a few rounds, anymore...

This life will kill me... Good night, /ck/.
>>
>>7089018
#edge
>>
>>7089018
no one cares
>>
>>7087734
Don't make quiche. it is the spawn of satan.

Source: 5 years ago, I threw up a shit ton of quiche at 4AM on new years. I wasn't drinking.
>>
>>7089018
>I seriously wanted to be an asshole in this thread
What for? Literally nobody cares.
>>
pre-pan-fry your vegtables so they loose all their water before you put them in quiche, even if its spinach, just fry it for a couple secs
what you basically try do it is get as much water out of the ingredients as you can, so it doesnt run out while baking
>>
>>7089018
add a tripcode the next time you post so we can enjoy your posts even more!
>>
>>7089054
>not drinking
>at 4AM on new years
m8 just what WERE you up to?
>>
>>7089054
You shouldn't have eaten a shit tonne then you fat git
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.