[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biscuits and Gravy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: ids habipping.jpg (1 MB, 2784x1856) Image search: [Google]
ids habipping.jpg
1 MB, 2784x1856
Ok /ck/ I am on the hunt for the greatest biscuits and gravy recipe that has ever existed. I've tasted some bad ass B & G but I've never found a recipe or been able to craft one that met my high standards. Hit me hard /ck/
>>
See, I was thinking I'd do a roux with some pep and salt, stewed onions and some mork. What does /ck/ think?
>>
bumping for biskets
>>
Bumping for souxsage
>>
Bumping for gravyty
>>
Bumping for that flour power
>>
>>7085406
What exactly is this gravy?
A lard based roux with milk?
>>
>>7085447
Flour based gravy using milk. I thought that I could use a roux instead because it'll get rid of that disgusting fucking flour taste and give me a nice buttery taste.
>>
Bumping for the secret to life
>>
>>7085409
>>7085420
>>7085426
>>7085438
>>7085445

>starts a thread about a distinctly 'murrican dish when it's the middle of the night in 'murrica
>bumps it like crazy despite it never leaving the first page

Fucking hell, the fact that you asked how to make the gravy when the biscuits are the hard part makes me think you have no idea what you're doing.

Go to an actual instructional site and watch some videos. /ck/ can be helpful as fuck if you have a specific question, but nobody is going to write a fucking cookbook for you just because you ask.

>>7085466

And another pointless bump as I type this out.

What the fuck are you on?
>>
Aiight I'm startin to get pissed off I just want some god damn gravy
>>
>>7085472

Bumping for biscuit answers and gravy trains of revelation
>>
>>7085406
butcher sausage cooked in a pot, literally just add cream, flour, and spices until thick. any soft biscuit recipe off the internet.
>>
>>7085480
I'm not looking for run-of-the-mill gravy here, bub. I'm looking for the Trey Songs of gravy. Get that level 1 shit outta here
>>
>cook breakfast sausage in a pot
>break it up and set it aside
>dice bacon
>dice onion
>cook in that same pot until bacon is crispy
>add a chunk of butter
>add some garlic
>add flour equal to the amount of oil in the pot
>cook flour/bacon/onion mix for about 3 minutes on medium heat
>add whole milk
>add some cream
>add your sausage
>add cumin, cayenne pepper, thyme, shallots, and a bunch of black pepper
>set to low heat
>simmer for 10~ minutes sturing occasionally, don't let it burn on the bottom
>serve over biscuits
>actually, serve over chicken fried steak and eggs over easy

do it faggot
>>
>>7085492
Hmmmm.... Not bad. I think I'll sub out the cumin and shallots, and julienne the onions instead You have done well! The gravy god is pleased this day, bub.
>>
>>7085409
>some Mork

Robin Williams has been dead a while, it might be a little on the rank side.
>>
Bumping for OP is a faggot with flour power and gravty
>>
>>7085406
>American ""biscuits"" and American """"""Gravy""""""
>>
>>7085528

A biscuit is a distinctively American food.

Fuck off with your naive shitposting.
>>
File: 1173039856239.jpg (40 KB, 211x203) Image search: [Google]
1173039856239.jpg
40 KB, 211x203
>>7085528

>being a yuropoor

what a horrible fate I don't know why you haven't ended your life yet
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.