[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mac and Cheese I want to make them I am from eastern europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Mac and Cheese

I want to make them
I am from eastern europe

Any advice, which recipe to go with?
Choice of cheese? Cause getting the right kind might be more trouble here, but we do have a lot of french and holland and domestic cheese to choose from.
>>
Velveeta
>>
Sharp cheddar is essential.
>>
I always just do Kraft thick n' creamy with a little extra milk and 2 cups of shredded extra sharp cheddar. It's not the oven stuff but it tastes pretty gud.
>>
>>7082474
>>7082475
In Europe it's called mature cheddar since we are mature
>>
>>7082467
If the recipe involves making some kind of cheese sauce its a shit recipe. Good macaroni is baked and the cheese is gooey not saucy.
>>
>>7082474
yes, but you don't want to use ALL sharp cheddar, imo, because it won't melt great and will give the finished dish a weird texture. you should also use a good melting cheese, such as monterey jack, gruyere, or even just a milder, higher-moisture cheddar.

also, if you don't add powdered mustard to it, don't even fucking talk to me.
>>
>>7082467
make a roux
add milk
now you have bechamel sauce
season it, i use salt, pepper and chili flakes and garlic. bacon works well too
throw in cheese and stir until it's melted, ideally something that melts well and isn't too mild
now it's a mornay sauce
mix with cooked pasta
top with bread crumbs and more cheese
bake
>>
>>7082511
sounds good, this will be my starting point then
I like the breadcrums idea there, chili flakes sound bit out of place though, luckily I dont have any anyway...

time to go choosing some cheese

anyone knows some recommended ratio of pasta to cheese?
for 500g of pasta, how much cheese you buy to use?
>>
>>7082474
Medium cheddar is just fine, but cheddar is definitely the top choice.

I've made decent mac and cheese with gouda or gruyere, but it smells really bad.
>>
>>7082492
so you use two kind of cheese?
one for easy melting other for some desirable taste?

>powdered mustard
ok, will check it in
>>
>>7082467
Macaroni cheese is a British dish so you should use a British cheese like cheddar.
>>
>>7082585
oh, thats some serious banter bait
better remember the glorious 1966
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.