[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression Cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 358x335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 358x335
Who else is depressed and can't eat? I can barely wake up in the morning. Every moment of being alive is exhausting. My stomach is constantly nauseous. Eating makes it worse. I have no desire to eat anything. Everything tastes bland and worthless.

Mashed Potatoes so far have been alright, because they're not trying to be more than they are. Just salt and potatoes with a boring texture. I can deal with that. It's a low obligation food. It's fine enough cold and hot. I can take a bite or two and then save it for later. There's no room for disappointment. It's just cold potatoes. Nothing more, nothing less. It's simple and pretty detached. I can make a large batch and save it forever.
I can't think beyond potatoes at the moment. Even Mac and cheese seems like too much. There's too much room for disappointment with Mac and cheese.

Any how, what do you cook for your depression?
>>
Man, that sounds nice.
I'd love to be able to lose weight that easily.
What do you recommend? I could shout at my girlfriend until she leaves me, do you think that would work?
>>
I like to make pancakes. Like, a fuckton of pancakes when I'm feeling depressed. The repetitive action gets kinda zenlike after a while, and if you only use a tiny griddle, it can occupy a good amount of your time.

I never want to eat the pancakes, though. I make them, pile them high, and then lay down. Somebody in this house will eat them.
>>
I just drink box wine and eat frozen pizza. Maybe do shots of wild Turkey between wine glasses.
>>
>>7082414

I eat lots of oatmeal made with water. It's nice, basic and filling.

Also, go see a therapist. It was the best decision I ever made.
>>
>>7082414
Depression leads to inactivity, which leads to more depression. Getting active (keeping busy doing shit) may not cure your depression, but it will keep it from spiraling. I recommend cooking things that take a while and require a process that keeps you engaged. Soups, stews and the like.
>>
>>7082422
>how do
Begin by cultivating a honest hatred of everything. Attempt to overcome this hatred as you would a man in combat. Eventually become defeated by the world. Wallow in learned helplessness, drug addiction garnish
>>
File: sage.jpg (135 KB, 407x750) Image search: [Google]
sage.jpg
135 KB, 407x750
>>7082414
I haven't worked in 2 years, living off my savings and borrowing money from the bank.
2 years ago I quit my job because I was sucking at it and was constantly tired.
Fast forward a year and a half of playing flash games and alcoholism I was sure I had a major depression. Alcohol and NEETing and living like shit wasn' doing any good.
Six months ago I cut my hand while opening a bottle of wine. It wouldnt stop bleeding so I went to the hospital. 12 hours of waiting later I learned I had Myeloid Leukemia. A shitty disease, but easily managed nowadays. But it explained my lethargy and the fact i was sleeping 16 hours a day and eating not much except cheap vodka.
6 months later I'm pretty much free of the disease, but I picked up my shitty drinking habits and I am still lethargic at home doing nothing, just depressing my life away.
>>
>>7082414
>Any how, what do you cook for your depression?

anything at all, preferably something reasonably complicated

takes my mind off of things, it is constructive, you feel like you have accomplished something at the end and if you are sensible you also get a nutritious meal out of it

all of which helps
>>
Unsalted crackers, whiskey, boiled potatoes, bread. I don't really cook, I hardly eat but I can't afford food anyway so.

Recently tried taking vitamins that got forced on me by an ex-coworker before I lost my job but my body violently rejects them even if I try to take them with food. Dunno whats up with that.
>>
>>7082414
Instant ramen is the food that says "I've given up"

I eat a lot of ramen
>>
File: 1418259852607.jpg (79 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1418259852607.jpg
79 KB, 340x340
>>7082422
Never do anything worthwhile in your life
Don't be good at anything
Have no friends
Waste massive amounts of time on the internet
Enjoy
>>
>>7082495
which vitamins?
>>
>>7082414
When I was really bad, I could only handle baby carrots and saltines. Now I use food as a crutch and I'm gaining tons of weight which makes everything worse. It's all pointless.
>>
>>7082495
That sounds like a typical Latvian diet except they drink vodka
>>
>>7082455
>Begin by cultivating a honest hatred of everything.

a good first step to any end, IMO
>>
>>7082414
It's not that food tastes worthless and bland to me.
It's just I can't be bothered to fucking eat which sucks because I have money for choose ingredients right now.
I used to make awesome fucking food, last night I had to remind myself to eat and made a bowl of rice because I couldn't be bothered with anything else.
I'm not anorexic or anything, I'm just not hungry and can't be bothered to eat or make food. I love cooking, the fuck is wrong with me ck?
>>
>>7082510
Fish oil, zinc and vitamin D. Threw up pretty violently 10 minutes later. Then tried some multivitamin(stresstabs) and same thing happened.

>>7082524
It used to be all about the vodka until I found out that cheap whiskey is better than cheap vodka.
>>
>>7082545
>I can't be bothered
When you're depressed you don't feel like doing anything. If you want to break out of it you have to make yourself do stuff. Say, "I'm making this tonight for dinner, and I'm gonna eat it at this time." Maybe even invite a friend or neighbor over to eat with you.

Sounds like a huge hassle, doesn't it? That's how you break your shitty patterns.
>>
OP here. I took some of your advice and decided to cook something. Nothing major- just farfalle with sundried tomato pesto, ricotta, Italian sausage, and Parmesan. Farfalle was my favorite as a child and I'm really missing home. I'll post results after it's done.
>>
>>7082578
Thanks man.
>>
File: image.jpg (1005 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1005 KB, 2448x2448
Wa La
>>
This lame bullshit belongs on another board

God are you serious
>>
>>7082755
looks good, how was it?
>>
>>7082775
Bretty gud. Already feeling sick and I've only finished half of what's in the pic, but I suppose it was worth it. Making something myself did feel good.
>>
i used to eat hot cheetos, cookies, and gummies when i was depressed. find something to keep you busy anon. that's how i handle feels
>>
>>7082794
Attaboy. Go forth and make more stuff.
>>
>>7082437
I agree with oats, though I like half water half milk to get a nice texture. I also like ading walnuts for the micros and protien.
>>
>>7082848
Thank you for your support, that made me cheer up a little
>>
I feel ya OP. My go-to is oatmeal. Pop a bowl in the microwave with low-fat milk for about 3 minutes and you're good. It's also incredibly feeling and it'll last you for hours at a time.

Sometimes I just eat 2 bowls the entire day with generous cinnamon and dietary powder. It makes me feel better physically than eating ramen or junk food too, I highly recommend.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/DepressionCooking
>>
>>7082414
Been there bro. I went 2 months only eating a few bites a day and that was only in front of others at meals since I didn't want them to worry about me. I lost 15lbs in that time and got 90% of my calories from 3 bottles of wine a day. I ended up getting a job in the middle of England where there is only a few hours of sunlight a day now and don't know a soul in the entire country so I'm getting depressed again. I had a piece of bread and piece of cheese for lunch and bought a bottle of whiskey for dinner. Feels bad
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.