[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wagyu Rib-eye
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
Hello /ck/,

Today I purchased some Wagyu rib-eyes and I want to know the absolute best way to bring out the flavour of the beef. I was told by a co-worker to just put salt and pepper and that's it. Any suggestions?
>>
>>7080062
If you make any steak with anything more than salt, pepper, and butter then you're a faggot.
>>
Your co-worker is right.
>>
>>7080063
>>7080065
Thanks!
>>
He's right. Maybe consider using long pepper instead of pepper corns.
>>
File: 1375242253424.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1375242253424.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>Wagyu "meat"
>>
>>7080071
Will try that. Also are the pink, and black salts a meme or do they actually influence the flavour?
>>
dip it in wasabi and shove it up your ass you weeb
>>
>>7080080
Mostly. Black and brown salts form where there is a lot of sulfur, so they taste slightly like eggs. Otherwise they taste the same.
>>
>>7080062
that's a lot of fat in the meat.
>>
>>7080077
Go eat your choice eye of rounds you disgusting pleb. Marbling = flavor
>>
>>7080283
but that's verging on too much marbeling
>>
>>7080062
I hope you didn't buy Fake Wagyu, OP.

Here is a list of every American or foreign restaurant or distributor outside of Japan that serves or sells Kobe Beef and got certified and authorized by Japan's Wagyu Association.

http://www.kobe-niku.jp/shop/?lang=1

Next time, you buy or eat Wagyu, check this list to see if you didn't get scammed or not.
>>
File: marcopierrewhite.jpg (50 KB, 418x305) Image search: [Google]
marcopierrewhite.jpg
50 KB, 418x305
I use Knorr® Rich Beef Stock Pot™ to season my steak. You may ask, why do I do that? And the reason, is because Knorr® Rich Beef Stock Pot™ tastes better, than salt.

You should try it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCRr-EK3eHI
>>
>>7080364
This will never be a meme
>>
>>7080287
Nah that's pure flavor bra.
>>
>>7080407
I really don't get the kids trying to force memes nowadays. Just let it happen. That was the beauty of it.
>>
>>7080062
I usually enjoy my steak well done and marinate each piece in a bottle of A1 beforehand. It brings out the delicate notes
>>
>>7080062
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_beef#Kobe_beef_in_other_countries
>>
>>7080417
Been here since 2008. Memes were always forced
>>
>>7080481
>2008
Opinion disgarded
>>
>>7080490
>8 Years
How much time you wasted here senpai?
>>
>>7080062
Simple is just fine. This is a cut that will render nicely to get a pretty nice crusty sear with all the fat. So sea salt and pepper is all I'd do. Get it on the sides too.

If you want just a touch of something extra saute some mushrooms for the side, get some luscious gorgonzola or make a compound butter to finish it up. I might marinate it in olive oil rub with a couple drops of worchestershire, lime or balsamic. Drops! Subtle.

If it was low tier and you are a really saucy kind of steak lover, might want to get into a peter luger kind of rub, which will kind of glaze and add some crust (ie brown sugar). You'll see a thick bone-in chop can take a dry rub. For these? nah, keep it simple and maybe only 1 thing you like well, one herb.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/dry-rubbed-rib-eye-recipe2.html
>>
>>7080515
Wasted? Hardly. Time well spent.
>>
I really don't like any other seasoning than salt and pepper. Usually i'll peel a clove of garlic and rub it over the steak when I flip it. Adds a nice subtle flavour but doesn't overpower anything.
>>
>>7080364
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>7080062
Do not add pepper before cooking. You want to sear the steak and this will scorch pepper. Salt before hand and add pepper afterward. Fresh cracked black pepper is best. I've found that a high quality piece of beef doesn't need any sauce. I like montreal steak seasoning, but the last strips I bought didn't need anything. I start with salt and pepper and add seasoning/sauce based on what I taste.
>>
>>7080062
I had Wagyu in london. It was good but not brilliant. Try some Scottish prime sometime, it's hands down the best beef in the world.
>>
>>7082819
>and this will scorch pepper.

Depends on if you're using a grill or a pan. Grill? Yeah, it can scorch. Pan? Nothing to worry about.
>>
>>7080932
I do pretty much the same thing, only I add a couple slightly crushed cloves of garlic along with some butter near the end and a sprig of some thyme or rosemary and just spoon the butter over the steak for a while. It really picks up the garlic and herb flavor nicely.
>>
>>7082882
hi gordon
>>
>>7082920
Hey
>>
>>7082852
>>7082852
Whatever you want to do. I prefer pepper afterward instead of it being cooked in.
>>
roll it in flour. pan fry. serve with ketchup
>>
>>7080417
Every meme is forced. It becomes a good meme when lots of people force it.
>>
>>7080063

>cooking oil for a fatty cut of meat

Literally what.
>>
if you need advice then you shouldnt have bought them, they are as good as ruined because youre inexperienced
>>
>>7083316
No, a good meme is one that lots of people want to force.
>>
>>7080063
you forgot thyme, faggot.
>>
>2015
>not cooking a quality steak perfectly via sous vide

https://youtu.be/q21O515OLxU

If you have enough disposable income to buy fuckin wagyu ribeyes, invest some of that wagyu money in an immersion circulator. Even the cheap cuts will be cooked to perfection every time.
>>
>>7083677
saw a box of the newer smaller anova units at a surplus store for 90 a pop.
or if thats still too much, beer cooler & ziplocs
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7083739
The Anova is the one I got. If it were just for steaks it would be worth it, but every cut of meat goes in here now. The precision just makes things so much easier.
And don't get me started on how it's changed my egg game. Fuckin 75C egg. Perfectly poached in the shell every time.
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>7083767
i got the first one a few years back (left). thinking about picking up a second new one since its cheap.
>>
>>7083677
>>7083739
>>7083767
>>7083803

i don't have 50 fucking hours in my day to wait for a steak to have a perfect gradient.
>>
>>7083767
I had no idea you could sous-vide ping-pong balls like that.
>>
>>7080515
You think 8 years is bad, I've been wasting my life here since nearly the beginning.
>>
>>7083767
Why do Americans paint their eggs white?
>>
>>7083826
>>7083925
I'm sure this is bait, but the ping pong balls help insulate and prevent evaporation.
>>7083817
And steak takes an hour. Worth it for perfection.
>>
>>7080062
80% suet
>>
>>7080062
Looks like a slice of American Couch Potato
>>
>>7080291

Not all Wagyu (not even close) is Kobe.

Wagyu literally means Japanese beef.
>>
>>7080474
>>7080291
Holy fuck you cunts are stupid....not all Wagyu is Kobe. Fuckin Americans.....
>>
>>7083925
We don't. We paint the chickens white so that they lay superior white eggs.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.