[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can eat dropped food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: slow+cooker+chicken+teriyaki2[1].jpg (250 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
slow+cooker+chicken+teriyaki2[1].jpg
250 KB, 1600x1067
I dropped half a plate of spicy chicken teriyaki on the ground, can I still eat it? I picked it up after like 30 seconds and can't see any hairs, etc. on it.
>>
>>7078615
No.

It's 5 second rule, not 30 second rule.
Feed that chicken teriyaki to your cat unless you want food poisoning.
>>
>>7078618
god dammit wat a waste of food! thats like 4-5$ down the drain pal.
>>
you won't die or get sick but it's fucking gross you pig
>>
>>7078622
its late at night and im hungry and im not poor but every $$ counts u get me??
>>
If it's at my own place and I'm alone I'd consider eating it depending on how clean the area it fell down to is. I usually don't give a fuck about eating food that fell on the ground as long as I pick it up asap and there's no hairs on it or anything.

It's not a safe thing to do, but it won't harm or kill you if you do.
>>
>>7078624
You should stop dropping your food on the ground then.
>>
This one time I was eating a chicken pot pie in the bathroom and I dropped it on the floor, but I picked it up and still ate it because I can't bring myself to waste delicious chicken pot pie.

That was two weeks ago. I'm still alive, aren't I?
>>
just do it man

in the middle ages people didn't have plates and shit to eat off of, they just ate what food they could find

This whole 'germs make you sick' craze is propagated by jewish media
>>
>>7079819
>I'm still alive, aren't I?
we dont know that.. you could be lying or an impersonator of someone that died from eating bathroom floor tainted pot pie
>>
Unless you dropped it into a pile of shit or mud or something its absolutely fine.

Enjoy your teriyaki
>>
>>7078615

Do not eat food off the ground.
>>
>>7079819
>tfw you realize you're not actually alive but in purgatory where the only website you have access to is an american japanese shitposting board
>>
I never eat anything off the ground but if you have a reasonably good immune system it won't do you any harm.
>>
>>7078615
Yes but you will lose our respect and forever become that guy who eats food off of the floor
>>
Just scrap the food that is ontop of a layer of food so its not technically touching the floor

Also

Faggots the lot of you
>>
is the chicken in fairly good sized pieces?
rinse it off
reapply sauce
heat
eat
no sense in wasting food
>>
>>7078615
of course you can.
>>
>>7079871
do you wear slippers before you enter and remove after leave your bathroom? if not then enjoy feces and urine traces from your feet getting smeared all over your floor and any food you drop on your floor
>>
They tested this on Mythbusters. Bacteria contaminates the food pretty much immediately when coming in contact with any surface, and even more so with something sticky or wet, etc.
>>
File: G6ox8kk.jpg (796 KB, 1824x3264) Image search: [Google]
G6ox8kk.jpg
796 KB, 1824x3264
>>
File: 1442819528646..jpg (20 KB, 600x346) Image search: [Google]
1442819528646..jpg
20 KB, 600x346
>>
>>7078615
Of course you can, don't be such a pussy.
Your stomach can handle a lot of germs and shit.
>>
It'll strengthen your immune system. Maybe not as much if you started doing that at an older age.
>>
>>7081486

who cares? it's literally such a small amount that you cannot perceive it. i eat food off the floor and have never gotten sick from it. if you get sick from this, then natural selection should have gotten you much longer ago.

do you people keep your toothbrushes outside of your bathroom? if not, then you are eating much more shit than if you ate food off of a relatively clean floor. this isn't really that gross; it should just make you realize that this kind of stuff really isn't as big of a deal as it seems instinctively.

it's not even enough to give your immune system a challenge, OP.
>>
>>7081642
it's not that it can kill you, it's that it's FUCKING GROSS. have some standards you filthy piece of shit
>>
>>7081647

you're perception that it's gross is an evolutionary trait designed to keep you safe. it is useful in cases where there is actual danger, such as if you dropped your food on a rotting carcass.

what i am saying is that humans aren't biologically adapted to the living conditions that most first-world citizens occupy. there is no actual danger to eating food off of these floors. your biology is betraying you.

don't feel guilty about doing something that isn't dangerous, but realize that most people are to stupid to realize when their instincts are steering them in the wrong direction, so don't do something like this in front of other people unless you are willing to undergo some scrutiny.
>>
>>7081663

to give a concrete example of this phenomenon, think about how california's drought would be much less of a problem if the state unilaterally adopted the practice of purifying waste water so that it could be consumed by people. the only reason this isn't done (and that it isn't done around the world) is that people think it is "gross", although there is objectively nothing more dangerous about purified waste water than regular water
>>
>>7081663
ugh no fagggot. it's gross as in i don't like the taste of hair/dust/unidentified-but-off-tasting-somehow that occurs when you drop shit on the floor.
>>
>>7081670
except how often do you purify your floor lard ass? would you be inclined to eat that chicken teriyaki if your dog recently pissed on the floor without your knowing and you hadn't cleaned it that day?
>>
File: 1447374442753.png (23 KB, 587x466) Image search: [Google]
1447374442753.png
23 KB, 587x466
>>7078615
>be poor
>eating gyro on university lawn
>fidget a bit too much and long gyro slice falls on grass
>hmmm
>>
>>7081677
>>7081672

i guess i was just assuming that everyone here's floor wasn't as dirty as you guys seem to be fine with.
>>
>>7081672
>>7081677
You faggots would be the first to die in cave man times with your weak ass immune systems cause "it's gross ew it touched the ground".
>>
>be a major klutz coupled with being dumb as fuck
>like almost everything I barely touch as I reach past to grab something else, I knock over
>5 minutes ago
>have a small container of chicken, rice and sweet potato sitting in the top shelf of my fridge
>reach past it to a bag of oranges to get one out
>orange won't come out, struggle at tearing the hole bigger with one hand to get an orange out
>bag moves forward, knocking the container to the ground which spills everywhere
>fuck my fucking life, scoop the chicken and shit that was in a clump back into the container
>sweep up the rice, put it in the bin

>think fuck it, I'll eat it later anyway
>remember that we have two dogs in the house and there's fucking hair literally everywhere from them

Fuck.
>>
>>7081921
maybe if you just moved fucking shit out of the way you lazy fuck
>>
>>7081992
kek, m8 when I put it back in the fridge I put it on the shelf lower, a lightbulb went off in my head. I'm a fucking idiot.
>>
I've literally dropped a piece of pizza in the toilet while pissing, dried it off and re-microwaved it. So I'd say go ahead.
>>
>>7078615
I'd fucking eat it.

Sometimes I think it's ok to eat some questionable shit. Helps to keep your immune system up.
>>
>>7078615
If you got a normal immune system and home, nothing will happen, even if you dropped it in the bathroom and picked it back up after 30 minutes. You smear far worse stuff in your face everyday just by going outside and touching things.
>>
>>7082008
Wow literally?
>>
>>7079868
the average lifespan was apparently 31 in the middle ages
>>
If I drop food on my floor I won't eat because I haven't mopped the floor in about two years and I've had my tongue in a girl's arse.
>>
File: 1386437282255.gif (793 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1386437282255.gif
793 KB, 360x203
>>7079868
>muh cast iron maymay
>vaccines cause autism
>wifi causes cancer
>they don't make it like they used to!
>I was born in the wrong decade

It's a good thing you're stuck in a basement otherwise you might be a public health threat
>>
no worried, your stomach bacteria will eat the germs
>>
>>7078618
you must have the immune system of a terminally ill child
>>
>>7078615
Unless you shit on your floor it's fine to eat, the ground should not have anything that can seriously harm you unless you are either very very young, old, or imunocompromised.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.