[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shoes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 350x250
Spent $10 on some non slip shoes when I first got hired as a cook. Now that I know I'm a...wait for it.... Shoe in for the job I want to get some good non slip shoes for. These Payless ones are falling apart by the step. Any recommendation from you line cooks??
>>
spray flexshield on your shoes
walk into wal-mart, put in insoles, than walk out
put your pubes under the broiler
>>
>>7069872
I'm not a cook, I do other stuff and need shoes that provide not only great traction but also look good. These fuckers I wear go through salt encrusted snow drifts and all sorts of shit, still look good, and keep traction even on marble floors. Apex.
>>
That's a real test, can the shoes keep traction on a wet marble floor?
>>
>>7069898
>>7069872
It's only these past couple days we had Work shoe threads and both involve this shilling
>>
>>7069989
Wut?

>>7069872
Everyone wears crocs. Almost everyone. I don't. But they've been the go to clogs for a few years. And they're inexpensive.
Crocs.
Dot com.
>>
>>7069989

>shilling

We have industry shoe threads all the time (holy shit, we happened to have two almost back to back!), and neither post you linked even suggested a particular brand.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Are you only going to buy your next knife based on the advice of anons who use their parents 30 year old knife set, that they got as a wedding present, have never sharpened, and never taken out the steel because they don't know what it is?
>>
File: jameson-2-eco-hero.png (430 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
jameson-2-eco-hero.png
430 KB, 700x350
Stop being a faggot and buy a pair of Vans or equivalent skate shoes. I'm currently wearing Etnies
>>
>>7070075
>>7070088
Shhhhh...
Go to drunk, you're bed.
>>
File: db_file_img_1854_600x600.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
db_file_img_1854_600x600.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
Work boots. They are the only thing that will go the distance in a commercial setting.

Non-slip
acid, chemical and oil resistant
steel cap toe in-case you drop anything heavy, hot or sharp.
comfortable
Ankle support
>>
>>7070112

I probably should mention that those ones are $120US.

But they are practically an insurance policy, not to mention a tax deduction.
>>
>>7069872
Shoes for Crews, bitch nigga.

Had mine for years.

The soles still look brand fucking new.
>>
>>7069910
I work with marble and tile all day every day restoring marble and tile floors. We use tons of water in my job and the floor is always wet. I want an answer to this question also even though I am not a cook. My shit wears out in 3 weeks normally. It gets expensive. Adidas makes you fall on your ass. New balance work shoes with nonslip make you fall on your ass. Nike makes me fall on my ass. Military boots make me fall on my ass. I don't understand. It's like it is all a scam. I need something that lasts and doesn't slip. (not OP obviously)
>>
>>7070436
I told ya anon, look into Apex.
>>
>>7069989
I'm not shilling since I have no financial interest in any shoe company, I was just relating experience, answering an anon's question. How you consider that to be shilling is beyond my pay grade. Maybe it's space aliens or something.
>>
>>7070337
Seconding this.
>>
File: Photo0619.jpg (402 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Photo0619.jpg
402 KB, 1600x1200
These things from Apex.
I know I need to shine them, I just havent gotten around to it, they have really good traction and are comfortable and they're about 3 years old so have lasted a decent amount of time. They cost me about 130 USD.

How the fuck is that shilling?
>>
>>7070337
This.
It's worth it, i can guarantee you that
>>
>>7070337
The only correct answer.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noFCekWiUGE
>>
HUSH PUPPIES
U P
S U
H P
P
I
E
S
>>
>>7069872
>I want to get some good non slip shoes for. These Payless ones are falling apart by the step.

Machinist here, so I'm on my feet all day and walking around on concrete in shop conditions and over the years I've learned that it's cheeper in the long run to buy cheep-o shoes and replace them every couple of years, then drop big money on high-end work shoes that won't last much longer.

Several years back, I bought 8 pairs of black New Balance running shoes off Sportsman's Guide on sale for <$30 and when my work shoes get ratty, they get demoted to lawn mowing shoes and I grab a new pair (I still have 4 pairs "in stock").
>>
File: 3003630081_8f87278186_b.jpg (466 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
3003630081_8f87278186_b.jpg
466 KB, 1024x768
>/ck/: shoes and shilling
>>
try shoesforcrews been line cooking for the past year and the shoes i got from here have been holding up good. I had to get gel insoles because of the feet pain, but that was only recently. I've only slipped 2-3 times using these shoes but they weren't really terrible slips.
>>
>>7070007
I've never worked with a single person who wears Crocs. Not sure what kind of limp wrist kitchens you work in (probably none), but most places wont allow crocs as they provide zero protection against hot spills, falling knives or other objects.

>>7070088
Scumbag tier

>>7070337
Yes

I wear some Birkenstock Profi Birki Clogs. Fucking weird German shit. About $90USD, worth every penny. Very solid shoe, and you can get new insoles from Birkenstock. Had mine over a year, and they still feel great. My executive sous has two pairs, and he swaps em out day after day, apparently this is the way to go. Warning, your feet will HURT for the first 2 or 3 shifts till the shoes mold to your foot, after that its all good. I used to wear $18 walmart clogs. My back used to bother me. I'm gonna assume they were related, don't skip on the shoes new guy, trust us.
>>
>>7071329
You seem to know your shit. Do you think these would be ok in a kitchen?
>>
File: AA291_a_1000.jpg (149 KB, 1000x528) Image search: [Google]
AA291_a_1000.jpg
149 KB, 1000x528
>>7071337
I mean yeah probably. One of my sous wears the heavy style work boot, personal preference will come into play. I just don't like the idea of having heavy shit on my feet, I'm not exactly a construction worker. My current kitchen only does pussy shifts (8hrs), which is still a long time on your feet, and I've had 12, even 15 hour days. Those don't look like the kind of boots I'd want to be stuck in for half a day. I'd say keep it lighter, but don't be afraid to find what works for you, I imagine some people like the feeling of protection and solidness and ankle support a boot gives. Then again I've seen dudes work in Chuck Taylors. I reckon there is a reason when you google chef shoes, they all look like clogs.

Pic related, my shoes. Very solid and heavy (for a clog anyways), and the back heel is high more like a shoe so you don't slip around.
>>
>>7070112

Those would be bullshit in a kitchen. You have zero idea what you're talking about, that's tacticool highschool shooter tier.
>>
>>7071358
I've walked many a miles in those boots. They feel good to me. I never actually thought about the weight thing till you said so. I plan on buying the a new pair of them pretty soon. My current ones are literally falling apart on me. I like them cause they also look formal with the way I do my pants. A kinda big cuff that hides the ankle part, but shows off the decent looking part.
>>
>>7071358
I have those too, they're fantastic.
>roomy fit with no heel
>easy to clean, just spray down with a hose
>no foot pain ever
>durable as hell, they last for years
>no stupid colors or detailing, very utilitarian
I'll never wear another kitchen shoe.
>>
>>7071612

>just spray down with a hose

>not throwing them through the dishwasher at the end of the night
>>
>>7071358
And how the fuck are you going to bang the hottest 18 year old waitress wearing that shit. Those are straight up beaner sandals.
>>
>>7072014
if your shoes affect your ability to bang 18 year old waitresses you're never going to make it as a chef

or as anything
>>
>>7071358
>>7071337

When I was in college I would work in an amusement park and I worked those style boots with steel toes in them for my 14hr/day shift on asphalt/cement floors (without that rubber shock remover shit or anything)

I stood all day except 2 30min breaks, and I was fat as fuck.

Lets just say my feet were fucking disgusting. I could walk on gravel and barely flinch. I wore them because they were nonslip, comfy, and made me feel safe because i spent a lot of time carrying heavy shit/moving pallets.
>>
>>7069872
Did she die?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.