[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /ck/ season their steak?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
How does /ck/ season their steak?
>>
Ketchup, assuming it's well done.
>>
salt and pepper
>>
>>7068877
After I run down a moose I season it's cooked remains with the fear and respect of its kin.
>>
salt
coarsely-ground black pepper
paprika.

the paprika goes on the last minute of cooking. i want it to form a crust, but not burn.
>>
I like to soak mine in Frank's Red Hot for about 2 days before tossing it in the oven.
>>
equal parts Salt, coarse pepper, garlic salt, and cayenne.
>>
Take a sharp knife, make shallow cuts all over the steak, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cook to your liking and enjoy mouth sex.
Or marinate in Newman's own Italian with olive oil.
>>
>>7068918
paprika? really? hmmmm.... never tried. makes sense but does it taste much different?
>>
>>7068935
Lol
>>
>>7068935
>mouth sex

go back to reddit please.
>>
File: paprika-cumin-steak.jpg (144 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
paprika-cumin-steak.jpg
144 KB, 600x600
>>7069027

i use heaping tablespoons of paprika. the steak turns bright red develops a crunchy crust.

it's not a strong enough flavor to overpower the steak. it's just a nice extra touch.
>>
salt pepper vinegar
>>
>>7069049
>anon can't cook
>blames reddit
>>
>>7069527
Post wasnt talking about actual cooking but the fag words you used that identified you as a redditor.
Back to reddit bud.
>>
Black pepper and teriyaki sauuuce.
>>
>>7069992
Motherfucker I don't even know what reddit is.
You elitist pricks need to calm the fuck down because you have no idea what you're talking about and what's going on.
So I write things different and that means I'm from reditbook? Fuck you niggers. This ain't /b/. I'll fucking cut your throat out and not think twice faggot.
>>
A light dusting of lawry's seasoning salt. Cook it 80% of the way and finish with another light dusting of seasoning salt and pepper.
>>
>>7070028
I like you.

Fuck cunts who cry reddit the moment someone says something that isn't

>WA LA
>>
I usually don't put anything at all on my steak, I just throw it on the grill.
>>
plenty of salt and pepper then into the microwave it goes on low for about five to get the inside warmed up a bit take it out rub it with garlic powder and back in the microwave on roast for five then a lump of butter to cool it off and add flavor and top with A1 sauce
>>
>>7068877

I rub some olive oil on it, then salt, and plenty of pepper.

That's all it needs to be honest.
>>
>>7070028
>Motherfucker I don't even know what reddit is.
>You elitist pricks need to calm the fuck down because you have no idea what you're talking about and what's going on.
>So I write things different and that means I'm from reditbook? Fuck you niggers. This ain't /b/. I'll fucking cut your throat out and not think twice faggot.

edge
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 340x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 340x294
Best marinade.
>>
>>7068877
>mfw my boss puts heaps of sugar on her steak
>>
Salt, Fresh Ground Black Pepper, Garlic (granulated or powder whatever I got), Coriander, and Dill is what I put on most of my costco steaks. If it's a real nice cut of beef ill just S&P it.
>>
File: butter-steak-12.jpg (173 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
butter-steak-12.jpg
173 KB, 1000x667
I don't really put much on my steak, just salt and pepper. I pan fry my steak in butter until it's medium rare. I don't put any sauce on it.
>>
>mostly
just salt and pepper, freshly ground - guess it needs to be pointed out around here

>sometimes
salt, pepper and a heap of onions, garlic and chiles sauteed in olive oil on top

>rarely
a quick pan sauce made with green peppers, cream and and a splash of brandy

>The Shocker
liverwurst spread
>>
>>7070609

add some garlic or herbs when you're basting in the butter mayne
>>
>>7070228
Edge? EDGE? Mother fucker I don't even know what edge is.
>>
coat the edges for the steak in egg yolk, stick on some peppercorns.
>>
File: 1442188343342.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1442188343342.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>7070028
>>7071130
good god could these posts be anymore reddit?
>>
>>7071814
*tips upvote*
>>
>>7070028
Do you even have a sharp knife?
>>
>>7068877
Really simple. I'm not a fan of going crazy over load on the spices on a steak. I'd rather pair it with things that have more flavour and just leave the steak tasting nice and meaty.
>sea salt
>ground pepper

Sometimes if I'm in the mood I'll do a little rosemary and thyme rub, and i>>7068877
n the summertime during barbecue season I like to do a Montreal steak marinade or rub.
>>
>>7072034
Whoops, I fucked that post up.
>>
>>7068877
Coarse salt and cracked pepper. Sometimes I like to throw a few smushed garlic cloves and pieces of rosemary in the skillet with it, but that's about it.
>>
File: 20151515.jpg (84 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
20151515.jpg
84 KB, 960x720
>>7068877
I have found the best way to season a steak is to let some bish at logans do it for me while another bish brings me beer after beer..
>>
>>7072065
Logan's always fucks my steak up. I stopped going there after ordering a medium rare ribeye and getting a thin grey slab of well done meat that didn't resemble a ribeye in any way.
>>
>>7068877
Salt, pepper and when its done a pat of butter to make it shine
>>
>>7072114
This, but I like to use some sort of herb butter. Rosemary, parsley, etc.
>>
>>7068877
is marinating a cheap flank steak in red wine, thyme, and rosemary a sin against god?

sincerely, a nub steak cooker
>>
File: MarcoPierreWhite_2690009b.jpg (55 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
MarcoPierreWhite_2690009b.jpg
55 KB, 620x387
>>7068877

Most people use salt and pepper to season their steak. Not me. I use Knorr Stock pots, and olive oil. Put the stock pot into a bowl, add olive oil. Make it into a paste. Rub it on your steak. Really, good, flavor.

You should try it sometime.
>>
If i get a hold of some really good cuts of steak i just do with standard salt, pepper, garlic powder and finish with a little butter in the pan. If its shitty steak i'll buy some spicy BBQ rub or marinate it.
>>
File: img01551.jpg (199 KB, 1856x1392) Image search: [Google]
img01551.jpg
199 KB, 1856x1392
>>7072320

that actually sounds really awful, marco.

i don't want my pricey steaks to taste like 30ยข ramen noodles.
>>
i use a mixture 1/1 of soy vey hawaiian teriyaki sauce and regular mayonaise
>>
>>7072287
yeah, nobody marinates beef in wine. but if you like it, its your steak man.
>>
>>7072101
I have never been disappointed
>>
>>7068877
sea salt, black pepper, thyme. cooked on cast iron, with canola oil. finished with thyme & garlic infused butter
>>
>>7072564
I like this, only without the pepper. Rare if it's a nice cut.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.