[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw all the ramen joints are staffed entirely by chinese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Snapchat--8531216163169754381.jpg (479 KB, 1080x1776) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--8531216163169754381.jpg
479 KB, 1080x1776
>tfw all the ramen joints are staffed entirely by chinese people

Does ethnicity matter when it comes to Asian cuisine?
>>
Considering Ramen was introduced to japan by chinese... yah.... fucking dumb weab cunt
>>
>hurr cooking is genetics

Go kill yourself pls
>>
One of the best ramen places I've been to was staffed by white people.

Deal with it, nerd.
>>
>>7066944
>tfw when all the pho joints are staffed entirely by Mexican people

At least your problem comes from the same continent.
>>
>>7066944
>was on a road trip from New Jersey to Miami
>stopped somewhere "down south" and my idiot friends thought sushi sounded good
>the waitress was white
>"howdy y'all. y'all want the californyaye roll?"
>menu is full of gimmicky rolls
>after she goes to the kitchen to drop off our order see it's full of black people and mexicans

sushi was alright, but I was unsettled
>>
>>7066944

>walk into sushi place
>staffed by jungle asians
>do a 360 and walk out
>>
I agree, Whenever I see an american try to anything that isn't a burger I walk out
>>
Stereotypes exist for a reason.

I've eaten at probably 30 sushi places and it's like this

>old japanese men
best
>any older asian man
great
>young japanese men
decent
>mexicans
okay
>white
wtf walk out
>black
hooorey sheeit no
>>
>>7066944
>Does ethnicity matter when it comes to Asian cuisine?

Depends how well they cook.
>>
>>7067243
This is just racist bullshit, but I don't deny it..
>>
>>7067243
My favorite sushi place is staffed by a white guy. He's a fucking pale ass dude too.
>>
>>7067243

My local Chinese joint is all Chinese people and then one black girl. I hope she isn't lonely ;_;

Anyway, if black people are experts at frying chicken, that's not a small part of American Chinese food.
>>
>>7066944
Come on to NYC, they're run by mexicans.
>>
>>7067042
>walk into an American cuisine place
>suddenly realise there is no such thing
>x-files_theme.wav
>>
>>7066944
Idk where you are, but all the ramen houses here are full jap, no chinese.
>>
A lot of Chinese and Indian places are started by folks of that ethnicity and often rely on their connections to family and friends for staffing.

Often they'll ask someone they know to come work for them and that guy will introduce some more folks they're familiar with.

Same reason there are so many Mexicans in casual continental cuisine restaurants staffing the kitchens. One will be hired and because of close family ties will refer their relatives.
>>
>>7067404
>what is a Diner?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.