[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you cook if you didn't have access to a kitchen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1000 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1000 KB, 3264x2448
How would you cook if you didn't have access to a kitchen?

I would use a small gas grill for quick cooking. Then use a fire pit for anything fancy.
>>
>>7064783
I'd get a Kamado, a cast iron dutch oven and a cast iron pan.
>>
>>7064836
>dutch oven
You need a blanket and lots of farts for that :^)
>>
It's pretty cheap to make a little kitchen if you have electricity. Buy a microwave, a hotplate, and a toaster oven. If you want to go all out you can buy a mini fridge. This is essentially all there is to the kitchens in small apartments anyway. Works great for offices, cabins, campers, studios.
>>
>>7064783
If you have so many restrictions and can't have a kitchen then there might be laws about using a fire based grill indoors or on a patio. NYC for instance, no standalone grills on patios, though an uncle had a apartment with a grill bullt into the bricks outside so that wasn't included in the laws.
>>
>>7064783
Gas grill is wasteful. Look it up. You lose a lot of the fuel to the air. I've cooked 25+ meals and still have half a tank of propane (20# total) left. I hook it up to a burner like you'd have on your stove top. You can cook REALLY fast. I can boil a gallon of water in just a few minutes. Just get all your stuff mise en place like they do in professional kitchens and a long wooden spoon, because the heat on that thing is intense. Takes 2-3 minutes to fry all the ingredients for a curry, add your liquid ingredients, and then you let it come to a boil and take it off the heat.
>>
>>7064850
Oh, like a bunson burner?
>>
File: hobo_stove-new_and_improved.jpg (70 KB, 600x497) Image search: [Google]
hobo_stove-new_and_improved.jpg
70 KB, 600x497
>>7064783
Make yourself a hobo stove.
>>
File: crockpot.jpg (2 MB, 1732x1155) Image search: [Google]
crockpot.jpg
2 MB, 1732x1155
Use a crockpot if you have access to electricity. You can make a ton of stuff in a crockpot!
>>
>>7064783
Break into school and steal a bunson burner
>>
OP here.

In just curious of alternative ways to live without a full kitchen. Sort of just survival fun stuff.

If I need stuff I can buy it. Like a bunson burner.
>>
File: goodforcooking.jpg (3 KB, 135x90) Image search: [Google]
goodforcooking.jpg
3 KB, 135x90
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.