[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He doesn't eat his steak well done What is your excuse anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: steak well done.jpg (888 KB, 1944x1296) Image search: [Google]
steak well done.jpg
888 KB, 1944x1296
>He doesn't eat his steak well done

What is your excuse anon?
>>
File: 1447062022509.jpg (22 KB, 651x575) Image search: [Google]
1447062022509.jpg
22 KB, 651x575
>>7063415
I don't like the taste of shitty bait?
>>
>>7063415

The only way beef should be well done is slow smoked or roasted for 24-48 hours.
>>
i'm not a fucking faggot
>>
>>7063439
> Anyone who enjoys well done steak is baiting

I don't follow cap'n.
>>
>>/trash/
>>
>>7063415
I ate blue rare yesterday
1v1 me
>>
>>7063470
>Blue rare

Hello Mr Wolf but that deer you killed with your mates and ate raw doesn't count as a steak
>>
>>7063439
Its the people who constantly harp about blue rare who are annoying if anything.

Well done is glorious. I'm not speaking in terms of health considerations or any of that bullshit.
Well done is literally just meat's final form.
>>
Well done with a good sear.
I like my steak nearly burnt.
>>
>>7063478
Nah, some rumpsteak my wife prepared, I wanted to make it medium but the pan wasn't hot enough and I was too drunk to try again.
Didn't even like blue rare, it has a weird texture.
>>
>>7063485
>I ate blue rare 1v1 me
>Didn't even like blue rare, it has a weird texture

????
>>
I always order a well done steak when I visit a steakhouse the first time. It's like a litmus test. If the cook is skilled enough to make a well done steak without burning it then he's worth getting my money.
>>
>>7063488
I was just shitposting for responses
Didn't work
Cheers
>>
>>7063490
What if he pulls an Anthony Bourdain and gets so offended that you want a well done steak that he gives the shittiest cut he has.
>>
If the steak is thin, fine. But cooking a thick steak well done means the outside is going to be overcooked surely?
>>
>>7063494

and for honesty you will get responses, I like medium
or a like a medium-well
>>
File: steak.jpg (342 KB, 1200x977) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
342 KB, 1200x977
I had a steak yesterday that I thought was rare but I'm not sure.

It looked very slightly more rare than this.

If it helps it was a thick Strip Loin done for four minutes on each side.
>>
>>7063577
How can you eat a piece of beef that looks like salmon on the inside? Looks fucking gross.
>>
>>7063415
I cook perfect carne asada.
It is always well done.
Seriously it is the best you could ever hope to taste.
>>
>>7063668
Looks delicious.
>>
>>7063668

What kind of salmon have you been dealing with???
>>
>>7063690
What are you a vampire? Go drink your raw steak blood somewhere else. This thread is for chefs, not philistines.
>>
>>7063696
Ask your mum
>>
>>7063707
>chefs
>/ck/
Believe me matey, none of these fucking retards know anything about cooking.
>>
>>7063441

curious, does that taste good? seems like it would be if it cooks for that long
>>
>>7063707
>Calling myoglobin blood

I S H Y G D D T
>>
>>7063707
I doubt anybody here is an actual chef. I know home cooks like to throw that word around but the title of chef is something to be earned. Line cooks is pretty much everybody else.
>>
>>7063787
I flip burgers I am a chef desu.
>>
>>7063415
1. because I'm not a faggots
2. because I can afford decent steak
3. because I'm not a closet vegetarian who feels the need to make sure his meat doesn't look anything like meat
4. because I'm not an uncultured swine
>>
>>7063803
>desu
You're no chef, a faggot maybe.
>>
because medium / medium rare is objectively the best
>>
>>7063688
>carne asada
>marinades beef
>eats with tortilla
>adds guac
>adds pico de gallo
>spritz of lime

Dude, no. You could make cat tacos and they would taste delicious
>>
>>7063751

Have you ever had brisket?
>>
>>7063415
It can't get well do e because I always take them off the grill rare.
>>
>>7063470
The only steak I eat blue or rare is fillet. I prefer sirloin desu and I find it better cooked medium-rare or even medium as it gives the fat a chance to render properly.
>>
>>7063751
You can cook meat for ages without it drying out.

If you keep below a certain temperature it never becomes well done and even the shittiest cut of meat will be tender.
>>
i like medium to medium well. i don't get well done primarily because it often also causes the steak to be dried out, and i prefer less cooked to dry.
>>
>>7063415
If its a guy you date, dump his ass
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.